Galaxy Wars - Online Strategy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Galaxy Wars is based the classic board game Stratego. It's equal parts Capture the Flag, Chess, and Poker.
There are multiple ways to defeat your opponent and different ships with special abilities. Because your opponent can't see the identity of your pieces until they are revealed in combat, bluffing adds a fun twist to the game.
* Classic Stratego inspired game play adapted for quick bite-sized turns
* Asynchronous multiplayer gaming
* Turn based adaptations that make it easy keep track of what is happening in each match
* Leaderboards to track wins and world rank
* Opponent ship tagging feature lets you tag one enemy ship to keep track of its movements
* Customizable set-up formations
* Turn Replay shows you the last 5 moves in each game
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Minor Bug Fixes
Slight App Name change (Stratego to Strategy)
First of all really like the game!!!
I have a couple of bugs that I noticed:
1. I started a game and arranged my guys. Saved to my formations and then when I clicked done I switched back to the old setup and I lost all my progress.
2. The three move warning goes off early.
I also have a couple of features that would be nice:
1. The ability to change the replay to either on or off. Better that that, have a three option setting (last three plays/last play/and off).
2. Chat feature would be really nice.
3. Possibility to sign in through Facebook. Only because I am the only one in my family of five able to play this via Game Center app.
4. It would be nice to always play from the bottom of the screen because it just feels more natural to do that.
Great game except for a couple bad bugs
Very nice version of the strategy game. But two bugs are ruining our games. One is a warning about an illegal attempt to move back and forth three times; but the warning is plainly wrong. The other is that sometimes when you try to move without waiting a moment after your opponent's move, your turn is skipped. Two feature requests, please: (1) in-game chat; (2) barrage version (fewer pieces).
Great Presentation, Poor Function
Hello, first of all I am thankful to the developer that this game is free. It is designed very well and looks nice. It would be nice to have different theme, just like a different theme.
But the big problem with this game is that it doesn't have AI for single player. It only connects people through GameCenter. But there aren't enough people on Game Center looking for an opponent in this game. So I've started three games and waited for the opponents to make a move for at least 24 hours, but looks like those people gave up too.
If you have friends who want to play this and who use iPhone Game Center then you can play with them no problem. But since most people would want to seek a random player and won't be able to find one the app becomes impossible to play.
Good idea though!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 21, 2012
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 27.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Todd Grubbs
- © Todd Grubbs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.