Flaredown is beautifully simple symptom tracking app and a community for chronic illness. Built by patients, for patients, and free forever.
- Track all conditions, symptoms, and treatments in one place
- Flaredown remembers your details and creates an easy check-in each day
- Tag your day with details about things that may interact with your illness
- Automatic weather tracking and a huge USDA food database
- Visually compare your data to test out your treatments and find triggers
- Talk with other users and learn from their experience
- Download your data and use it however you want (CSV format)
Made it easier to open external links from inside the Flaredown app
Ratings and Reviews
It’s good but...
This app only lets you track something once a day, I.e. I had “brain fog” this morning, so you rate the symptom “Brain Fog” but then that clears up later, you would either have to reduce that rating or just put it in notes, but it will only let you enter a rating for a symptom or condition once per day. And then pattern on the graph won’t be accurate. The pros of this app and how customizable it is is great though and worth hanging onto if the additional entries can be added during a day.
Could be 5 stars, just needs a little work
If this app would start each day with a list of my recent symptoms, it would make using the app much easier. I really want to track my symptoms, but I know I won’t keep up with it if it’s not a quick task, like checking or unchecking a box, or changing the intensity of symptoms from one day to the next. Starting each day with nothing listed in the symptoms area, and having to search for the same 4-5 from the past few days takes longer than I want to spend.
One other suggestion would be to keep track of hours of sleep, which tend to impact my health profoundly.
And, being able to evaluate my energy level would be very helpful.
Overall this app is what I’m looking for, and with a little fine tuning, it will be amazing.
It’s a very useful app, the only problem is its layout is kinda wacky, it takes forever to load and save things, and for whatever reason instead of just saving the symptoms that I was already tracking it makes me put all of them back in again to track them. I was looking for a free symptom tracking app and found this. While it holds great potential it has a lot of work that needs to be done to it. Maybe I’ll revisit this app later when it has been improved more.
- Flaredown Llc
- 1.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014 Flaredown LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.