Flash Drive Backup is the easiest way to backup your flash drives to your Mac.
Have you ever lost all data from your flash drive? With Flash Drive Backup you can automatically backup your USB drives and flash memory cards to the hard disk of your computer or notebook. Plug in, select, activate automatic backups, that's it!
• Flash Drive Backup is designed to automatically backup your USB drives.
• Backups to network drives (NAS) and external drives (e.g NTFS or FAT) are also possible.
• Mirror (a part of) the backup to an online storage service (like Dropbox).
• Flash Drive Backup creates a complete copy of your USB drive content at every backup run. In case of USB drive failure you can move the backup to a new drive.
• At every backup run Flash Drive Backup creates a new copy of all files keeping also the previous backups. (Only changed files require new space on the hard disk.)
• You can backup the entire drive or just a certain folder.
• You can customize the backup intervals (e.g. every hour or every day) and the number of backups to keep.
• You can search the backups with spotlight.
(Visit our web site for clickable links and a how-to)
Hidden some drives that can not be backed up
Rare bug fixed: on / off button jumped back and forth
Ratings and Reviews
good app, good customer support
This is a simple program that does exactly what it needs to do, and solves my problem of syncing my computer with my flash drive which I often have to use on several shared computers (actually significantly more convenient than cloud solutions which require log-ins, downloads, and re-uploads).
Furthermore, when the software had a strange performance issue for me, Alexander was very responsive and released a new update to fix the problem (which had not been previously observed).
The Perfect Complement to Time Machine
Time Machine has made me so lazy when it comes to backing up data. I use my flash drive for work and school every day, and only thought to back it up once a week, if that. I would copy the whole folder to my desktop, then delete the old one (a real pain). Flash Drive Backup is great. It's really simple to set up, and now every time I plug in my flash drive, it automatically backs up. I don't have to think about it at all.
I honestly wonder why such a simple yet crucial app is not built into every operating system. This is the first app I have ever paid for, and it was well worth 5 bucks.
Best Utility I Use!
I use flashdrives constently. I have to because I work off of many laptops, desktops and even smart phones. So I have a half-dozen drives that I use every week, and each file I copy to them is critical to my work. Once you set up a flash drive for back preferences (frequency etc.), this amazing application simply does the rest. I use versioning and so Flash Drive Backup is perfect to look back on things I did this morning, yesterday or even last month!
Works completely in the background with a nifty menu to control the settings (if you need to). Indispensable for my work and is my go-to utility!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.