Flash Reader: Reading Reimagined
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ever had to read through a an email, book or an article on the web, but felt like it took ages to read through it all?
Normally your brain will attempt to pronounce words you read, which is called subvocalization or internal speech.
Flash Reader removes this limitation by showing you words so fast that your brain doesn't have time to subvocalize, but still allows you to retain everything you've read, by something called RSVP.
Whether it's light reading, or complicated business emails, training your eyes to read faster couldn't be easier, while your reading skill and comprehension will keep getting better and better with each article you finish.
3rd Party Support:
• Pocket, Instapaper & Dropbox support
• Send text or even attachments via email straight to your library (using FlashMail.io)
• Open & import eBook files and docs such as DOC, RTF, TXT, PDF, EPUB, DOCX, AZW (Amazon Kindle .AZW files only), MOBI and ODT (OpenDocument) files, all formats are included with the app!*
Note: Documents need to be DRM-free (no copy protection).
• Massive document format support*
• Import from Dropbox, iTunes and any other app capable of opening files
• FlashMail, an email service that allows you to send content straight to Flash Reader*
• Built-in web-browser, with full support for Google search and saving articles*
• Extension support for easily saving articles (iOS 8 only)
• Bookmarking, easily resume where you left off
• Different reading modes to suit your needs
• Customization, including words per minute (WPM), words per flash, themes, fonts and font sizes
• Boost your productivity and learn to speed read at lightning fast speeds
• Universal, works on iPhone, iPod & iPad (iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus included!)
For Instant Help, open up the Support-section of the app.
You can access your FlashMail account at http://flashmail.io to manage your articles and to change your password.
Visit FlashReaderApp.com for more information.
••• What people are saying about Flash Reader •••
"I was very skeptical at first, then I tried it. Now I'm impressed!!! Using this tool to read a page, blog or instructions made made it seem like it took no time at all. I actually think using this app on a regular basis my even improve my reading skills. I'm so impressed, I'm recommending it on twitter!!!", 5/5 stars -Ninny2U
"I like it so much I use it every day.", 5/5 stars -Joseph
"Great for readers who find words move on the page!
I can read so quickly with it.
For studying materials - like journal articles - I start slower, read once, then up the speed again and again. Much greater retention than trying to read just in text!", 5/5 stars -Jacqjacq14
"It's now so easy to read faster with this app !", 4/5 stars -Manuel Klaassen
"This app is a wonderful way to breeze through a long read!", 4/5 stars -Matthew Bartlett
Coming up soon:
- iCloud or a similar cloud based solution for backing up and syncing articles and bookmarks
- Evernote, Readability and Feedly support
- Built-in free bookstore (free ebooks)
- Better article navigation (search by page or by word)
- Spritz-like reading
Thank you for the reviews, keep them coming! Based on the feedback we receive, we'll add and modify the features as much as we can.
Flash Reader DOES NOT have advertisements of any kind.
Services such as FlashMail, website article saving and document conversion require the Flash Reader Pro upgrade, which is a one-time payment that unlocks all features of the app.
Some services (including PDF and ePub importing, as well as Microsoft Office files like DOCX) require an active internet connection when importing.
Also note that Flash Reader does not have voice support, so no text-to-speech or anything like that.
What's New in Version 3.1.6
- Fixed major issues with the Pro upgrade
- Massively decreases the aggressiveness of the upgrade popup
I really liked this app when I first downloaded it in November--it's not that any in-app features have changed, but rather the app bombards you with so many pop-ups asking you to upgrade to a paid version of the app. The issue I have is that I already upgraded so that I could read more documents than the daily limit. But if you don't upgrade, every time you switch back to the app from looking at another app, the same 'upgrade now' pop-up comes up which blurs out your screen entirely and then when you X out of it, it closes whatever you're reading and sends you back to the home page. When you click back on your document and press "Resume" to get back to the spot you were at in your reading, it never takes you back to the right spot--it's always something like the 10% done point. This can be very obnoxious if you're reading a big document and it'll be next to impossible to find the right spot. In short, the app is free--on condition of suffering a million pop-ups and not being able to use the app at all.
Doesn't work, and has a daily limit to how many web pages I can add, so before I have the chance to get it working, it locks up and I'm stuck with several useless, unreadable headers of a web page.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 16, 2015
- Version: 3.1.6
- Size: 24.4 MB
- Languages: English, Finnish
- Seller: Didstopia
- © 2010 Didstopia
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Flash Reader Pro$1.99