Make your own flash cards and take the pressure out of test preparation. Flashcard Hero keeps track of what facts you already know so you can focus on what you don’t know and save a lot of time.
Beyond your average-vocab-app: We made Flashcard Hero for those of you who want to fit more than a few words on each card. You can add lists and use text formatting to structure your content. Cards even expand as you add more text so you can take notes during class and turn them into study cards later. All decks can easily be shared with others via the web.
- Up to 20 cards per deck (unlimited decks)
- Unlock unlimited cards and add image-support via In-App Purchase
- iCloud can also be unlocked via In-App-Purchase
After In-App purchase:
Study on your iPhone and iPad with the Flashcard Hero mobile app (separate purchase).
FEATURES (all versions):
- 3 study modes: Answer covered, Multiple choice tests, Typing the answer
- Audio output (text to speech) of text on cards in over 30 languages
- Group cards by topic (e.g. text book chapters)
- Text formatting (lists, bold font, italic,…)
- Change text color and highlight text
- Many deck cover styles
- Difficulty level for each card
- Group cards using the Leitner study system (similar to spaced repetition)
- Detailed study session summaries
- Import decks you already have (.tsv and .csv format, Quizlet.com)
- Take notes during class; cards expand automatically
- Share decks via the web
FOR TEACHERS AND EDUCATORS:
- Compatible with the Remote Control feature of the iOS app. You can use the iOS app as a remote to control the study mode on the Mac while you are projecting on a big screen.
This is just the beginning. If you’d like to see a certain feature, let us know through the feedback button in the app.
This update is all about helping you deciding which cards to study next.
NEW: Full support for the Spaced Repetition learning technique and the Leitner system
• The app now shows which cards are due each day so you know exactly what to study
• The number of days between reviews increases each time you correctly recall a card
• You can adjust the Spaced Repetition intervals to your needs for each deck individually (via the Study menu)
• The difficulty level “somewhat difficult” now distinguishes between cards memorized today and those due for a second review tomorrow
• Improved support for pasting images copied from PDF documents
Ratings and Reviews
Well worth the purchase!
I downloaded the Lite version and quickly purchased the full version using the in-app purchase option. I also purchased the companion iOS app. This app is awesome, and has helped me tremendously. My favorite feature is the iCloud Drive integration; everything stays in sync perfectly between my Mac and iPhone. I mainly use dictation to write my flash cards, and that works great and speeds up the creation process. The study features are great as well.
I never buy apps, but I am sure glad I bought these. Highly recommended!
Great tool for medical students
This app has been so helpful in my medical school studies. I don’t know what I would do with out it! I love how easy it is to use and how I can seamlessly switch between making flashcards on my computers, full of pictures and beautiful text, to study my notecards on my phone in a format that is intuitive and natural. Highly recommend!
Simple and great concept.
Initially I had an issue with the app, the developer was responsive and willing to guide me through the steps. And now I can review in confidence that this is everything you want it to be, after the upgrade of course. But even as the lite version, the app is still very useful.
Glad to hear that everything is working again! Should you run into anything else, just let me know. I'm here to help. ~Rico
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.