By Kitestack Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Make your own flash cards and take the pressure out of test preparation. Flashcard Hero keeps track of what
facts you already know so you can focus on what you don’t know and save a lot of time.
Beyond your average-vocab-app: We made Flashcard Hero for those of you who want to fit more than a few words on each card. You can add images, lists, and use text formatting to structure your content. Cards even expand as you add more text so you can take notes during class and turn them into study cards later. All decks can easily be shared with others via the web.
- iCloud Drive integration (compatible with the Flashcard Hero iPhone/iPad app)
- 3 study modes: Answer covered, Multiple choice tests, Typing the answer
- Audio output (text to speech) of text on cards in over 30 languages
- Group cards by topic (e.g. text book chapters)
- Add images from your Mac and the Internet
- Basic text formatting (lists, bold font, italic,…)
- Many deck cover styles
- Difficulty level for each card
- Group cards using the Leitner study system (similar to spaced repetition)
- Detailed study session summaries
- Take notes during class; cards expand automatically
- Import decks you already have (.tsv and .csv format, Quizlet.com)
- Share decks via the web
- Print decks
- Export as PDF and lecture notes
FOR TEACHERS AND EDUCATORS:
- Compatible with the Remote Control feature of the iOS app. You can use the iOS app as a remote to control the study mode on the Mac while you are projecting on a big screen.
A note about iCloud Drive:
Starting with version 2.0 of the Mac app, using iCloud Drive requires at least Mac OS X Yosemite and iOS 8.
This is just the beginning. If you’d like to see a certain feature, let us know through the feedback menu in the app.
What's New in Version 2.4.2
• Addressed a potential crash on El Capitan when closing a secondary window.
• Disabled automatic spell checking and correction while typing answers when studying.
Great, wish I found it earlier
reallly works quite well, I bought the Mac (OSX) and iOS versions and syncing works perfect it even syncs your progress learning and not just your flashcards.
One very minor suggestion is that imo it repeates cards too soon regardless of whether you choose “repeat soon” or repeat later” (which I think is “Hard” and “not sure” on the iOS version), Again though it works awesome nice polished interface:). I highly recommend importing spreadsheets (CSV) if you want to make lots of cards quickly.
An Excellent tool for studying!
This is a very useful app. Its creators should be rewarded with at least an Essential award from the App store. Its intuitive design is easy to use quickly and it works seamlessly well with iCloud and my iPhone. I only wish I started using this app long ago in Grad School; flashcards are an effective, but often forgotten tool for getting a lot of information organized inside one’s head very quickly. Well Done!
So great that I purchased it for my phone and twice (so now have two copies on my computer. (I went to use it, it wasn’t there tried to download another copy had to buy it again).
Despite having to purchase it twice it is an incredible app. I love studying with it. I find it much easier to use than other similar apps (which I have also purchased). Very happy to have this tool.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 28, 2016
- Version: 2.4.2
- Size: 10.0 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Rico Gundermann
- © Kitestack Software 2016
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor