By Kitestack Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Make your own flash cards and take the pressure out of test preparation. Flashcard Hero keeps track of what facts you already know so you can focus on what you don’t know and save a lot of time.
Beyond your average-vocab-app: We made Flashcard Hero for those of you who want to fit more than a few words on each card. You can add images, lists, and use text formatting to structure your content. Cards even expand as you add more text so you can take notes during class and turn them into study cards later. All decks can easily be shared with others via the web.
- Works with iCloud
- Print decks
- Group cards by topic (e.g. text book chapters)
- Add images from your Mac and the Internet
- Basic text formatting (lists, bold font, italic,…)
- Many deck cover styles
- Difficulty level for each card
- Detailed study session summaries
- Import decks you already have (TSV format)
- Take notes during class; cards expand automatically
- Share decks via the web
This is just the beginning. If you’d like to see a certain feature, let us know through the feedback button in the app. An iPhone app is already planned, by the way :)
 Cards should be in “tab separated values” format, no text formatting, multiple lines per side are OK.)
What's New in Version 1.5
- New: iCloud integration
- New: instead of deleting decks, they are now moved into a separate Trash folder
- List items next to a left aligned image are now placed correctly with the list bullets visible.
- Improved performance when reorganizing cards in decks with many cards
- Pasting lists from PDF documents would sometimes cause the deck cover to be misplaced during study mode
- Importing and exporting decks would sometimes fail silently (now it just works :)
If you like Flashcard Hero, please give it a nice review: it really helps.
Very helpful support team!
I was very happy to discover a flash card application that is very simple to use. I could easily images to help test me on medical biopsy diagnoses.
I was also happy to see that the card increases in size to accommodate sometimes very long questions. I was able to bring into the flash cards sample test questions from other sources and help finding a way to retest myself and shuffle a questions around. Although I never thought about it before, I think being able to rate the difficulty of the questions so that it affects how often they come up is a very and the idea.
The support team has been extremely helpful and prompt, answering all my questions.
Easy to use, does what I need
I’m giving this app 5 stars for a number of reasons:
- it’s easy to use.
- it’s easy to enter info into cards, and easy to maintain/change/update them.
- It doesn’t overwhelm me with endless, and often unnecessary, options.
- I contacted them to ask a question and the responded quickly, with the right answer.
- I’ve been using it to memorize German vocabulary, and I’ve found that it is easier to create cards in this app than has been to write them on paper cards.
There are probably apps out there that have more bells and whistles, but what I was looking for was something that I could use quickly and easily, and this is it.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Mar 04, 2014
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 7.7 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Rico Gundermann
- © Kitestack Software 2013
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor