Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flashcards Deluxe is an easy to use, yet powerful flashcard app which you can use to study just about anything you want. I use this app for my own Chinese studies, and am constantly improving it to make it better for myself and others.
iTunes store Staff Favorite (December 2009)
10/10 - theiphoneappreview.com
(There is a free lite version available.)
• Two smart study modes that automatically focus more on the cards you miss: Leitner and a more advanced Spaced Repetition mode (similar to SuperMemo or Anki)
• Quizlet.com integration - Browse and download any of their 4 million+ flashcard sets.
• Text to speech (TTS) audio in 18 languages (no internet connection needed to study)
• Multiple choice option
• Spelling tests (listen to audio and use keyboard to answer)
• Searchable listing of your cards that allows you to easily look up other terms as you study
• Organize decks in folders and combine decks for studying
• Several flashcard color themes to choose from (sky, wood, chalkboard, etc.)
• Divide cards into categories
• 1 to 5 sided cards
• Include pictures and sounds. Zoom into pictures. Auto repeat sounds.
• 3 response levels: Wrong, I kind of know, I know really well (vs the standard correct/wrong) - for more efficient studying
• Easy navigation - swipe or tap to answer (customizable)
• Draw self-graded answer with your finger (drawing not saved)
• Automatically turn cards off after getting them correct a certain number/percentage of reviews
• Clean, efficient user interface, including full-screen and landscape viewing
• Custom text and background colors
• Browse mode that lets you easily navigate forward or back without keeping score
• Slideshow mode
• Large number of cards (10,000+) can be imported easily
• Backup your flashcards to your computer
• Supports Dropbox, Google Docs and USB transfers
• Very easy to get started, with lots of features and options for advanced users
• Great support! I promptly respond to any questions or feedback you may have. Use my website's public forum or email me.
You can create flashcards either on your computer or directly within the app. If you don't want to make your own, you can browse and download flashcards from Quizlet.com.
Creating cards on your computer is an easy process of making a two column list of questions and answers in a text editor or spreadsheet, copy/pasting your list into our website, and then downloading it to your device. (Note: iPod users will need Wi-Fi with internet access to import.) You can also transfer flashcards using Dropbox, Google Docs or even your own web server.
"If there’s anything that will leave you scratching your head about this incredible app is why it isn’t more expensive... Flashcards Deluxe is truly an educational app worth obtaining. Nothing you want to learn right now? Download the app. It will make you want to learn something just by having it." - theiphoneappreview.com 12/10/09
Please see our web site for more information.
If you are not satisfied with the product for any reason, please let me know why and I'll try to help.
What's New in Version 4.8
• Text to Speech - Specify alternative text to read. See TTS Options > Alternative TTS Text.
• Slideshow - Add a delay after the sound finishes before moving to next side. See Deck Options > Timers/Slideshow > Delay After Sound.
• Google Drive - You can now export media to Google Drive.
Finally! I can really learn w this App
I have become an instant fan of this app. Compared to the others I have tried this one seems like it was written by someone that genuinely has used flashcards for intense learning. There are lots of options for different learning styles (including spaced repetition options) and for different types of subjects. Don't be fooled by the fairly simplistic interface. You realize later that it's more valuable to keep it simple looking but be feature rich.
I use it to quickly learn vocabulary in foreign languages and being able to import documents and lists from classes and immediately generate a flashcards deck is super handy and time-saving. The "text to speech" options also work really well.
The best of the best
Congrats! You've stumbled upon what may be the greatest flashcard app and one of the best apps in general. Few developers are as responsive, loyal, and dedicated as this one. While other app makers simply make a version 2 and slap on a new price tag, this one has kept with the times and steadfastly updated. Furthermore, the app itself is powerful and customizable. It may seem a little daunting at first, but it is completely worth it. Best $4 you'll ever spend on the app store.
Update: Still going strong! Please give it a spin and support this awesome developer! You know an app is truly great when the dev himself uses it for his own purposes.
Update: Still going strong!
What is this
I got this app, and can't even create one flash card. It wanted to take me through a 24 screen explanation. I read a part of it, but when I tried to do what it said, I kept getting more screens that I couldn't do anything with. Incredibly frustrating. It seems completely worthless.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 02, 2016
- Version: 4.8
- Size: 15.2 MB
- Languages: English, German, Korean
- Seller: Ernest Thomason
- © 2016 Ernest Thomason
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.