Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flashcards Deluxe is an easy to use, yet powerful flashcard app which you can use to study just about anything you want. I use this app for my own Chinese studies, and am constantly improving it to make it better for myself and others.
iTunes store Staff Favorite (December 2009)
10/10 - theiphoneappreview.com
(There is a free lite version available.)
• Two smart study modes that automatically focus more on the cards you miss: Leitner and a more advanced Spaced Repetition mode (similar to SuperMemo or Anki)
• Quizlet.com integration - Browse and download any of their 4 million+ flashcard sets.
• Text to speech (TTS) audio in 18 languages (no internet connection needed to study)
• Multiple choice option
• Spelling tests (listen to audio and use keyboard to answer)
• Searchable listing of your cards that allows you to easily look up other terms as you study
• Organize decks in folders and combine decks for studying
• Several flashcard color themes to choose from (sky, wood, chalkboard, etc.)
• Divide cards into categories
• 1 to 5 sided cards
• Include pictures and sounds. Zoom into pictures. Auto repeat sounds.
• 3 response levels: Wrong, I kind of know, I know really well (vs the standard correct/wrong) - for more efficient studying
• Easy navigation - swipe or tap to answer (customizable)
• Draw self-graded answer with your finger (drawing not saved)
• Automatically turn cards off after getting them correct a certain number/percentage of reviews
• Clean, efficient user interface, including full-screen and landscape viewing
• Custom text and background colors
• Browse mode that lets you easily navigate forward or back without keeping score
• Slideshow mode
• Large number of cards (10,000+) can be imported easily
• Backup your flashcards to your computer
• Supports Dropbox, Google Docs and USB transfers
• Very easy to get started, with lots of features and options for advanced users
• Great support! I promptly respond to any questions or feedback you may have. Use my website's public forum or email me.
You can create flashcards either on your computer or directly within the app. If you don't want to make your own, you can browse and download flashcards from Quizlet.com.
Creating cards on your computer is an easy process of making a two column list of questions and answers in a text editor or spreadsheet, copy/pasting your list into our website, and then downloading it to your device. (Note: iPod users will need Wi-Fi with internet access to import.) You can also transfer flashcards using Dropbox, Google Docs or even your own web server.
"If there’s anything that will leave you scratching your head about this incredible app is why it isn’t more expensive... Flashcards Deluxe is truly an educational app worth obtaining. Nothing you want to learn right now? Download the app. It will make you want to learn something just by having it." - theiphoneappreview.com 12/10/09
Please see our web site for more information.
If you are not satisfied with the product for any reason, please let me know why and I'll try to help.
What's New in Version 4.3
• Translate can now translate all cards in deck at once. See "Translate / Define" in card edit screen.
• Spaced Repetition - new 'Due Cards Priority > Random' option
• Picture import from device library - larger size now supported
• Added some support for videos. Search in-app help for "Videos".
• New Bluetooth keyboard commands:
- space: start/stop slideshow
- c, m: play sound
Lets you own your own data on PC and update to iPhone!
Let's be honest, there's no lack of flash card apps in the Store. But most didn't let me own my own data off the phone, and update the decks easily. That is, they wanted me to type my cards up manually in the app. So once you've done the work of typing up hundreds of cards in the app you're basically stuck within their proprietary app, and you can't add, subtract, correct, hide, and update cards efficiently. For me, that was a non-starter, I have over 1200 cards. This app lets me just keep an Excel spreadsheet and upload big sections of it easily through a simple website, then download from the app and delete the old decks. Much easier to refine decks as I learn, and I don't have to worry what happens if my phone dies, or this app goes away, or whatever. Finally someone wrote the app I needed!
ALL You Could Wish!
I've tried a bunch of the Flashcard Apps & this is the best (at least for me & my $$).
Great CS, UI, Functionality that keeps getting better with regular updates, and I could go on, but for a few $'s you can test drive this App and see. If you love to use flashcards to learn & memorize stuff (school, poetry, foreign languages,etc.) there is nothing with the robust functionality (you may have to learn how to use this App's full features: color, audio, pictures, etc.) But this has been & continues to be my go to 3x5 card App. Over 4 yrs of use, through:
1) Medical Training;
2) NanoTechnology Degree;
3) Shakespeare, Scripture, Spanish, French, Russian, Favorite Quotes, and everything with which I want to infuse myself to become the best me that I can be.
Best flash card program ever and very good support from the author. This app justified purchasing an iPad and iPod for me. It includes nice features that you can't get with other SRS apps like auto play of decks with the sound and background music for getting more studying in while driving or cleaning. The interface is clean, simple, but powerful. This is my most used app on my phone by far.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jul 21, 2015
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 10.1 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Korean
- Seller: Ernest Thomason
- © 2015 Ernest Thomason
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.