Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flashcards Deluxe is an easy to use, yet powerful flashcard app which you can use to study just about anything you want. I use this app for my own Chinese studies, and am constantly improving it to make it better for myself and others.
iTunes store Staff Favorite (December 2009)
10/10 - theiphoneappreview.com
(There is a free lite version available.)
• Two smart study modes that automatically focus more on the cards you miss: Leitner and a more advanced Spaced Repetition mode (similar to SuperMemo or Anki)
• Quizlet.com and Cram.com integration - Browse and download any of their 4 million+ flashcard sets.
• Text to speech (TTS) audio in 18 languages (no internet connection needed to study)
• Multiple choice option
• Spelling tests (listen to audio and use keyboard to answer)
• Searchable listing of your cards that allows you to easily look up other terms as you study
• Organize decks in folders and combine decks for studying
• Several flashcard color themes to choose from (sky, wood, chalkboard, etc.)
• Divide cards into categories
• 1 to 5 sided cards
• Include pictures and sounds. Zoom into pictures. Auto repeat sounds.
• 3 response levels: Wrong, I kind of know, I know really well (vs the standard correct/wrong) - for more efficient studying
• Easy navigation - swipe or tap to answer (customizable)
• Draw self-graded answer with your finger (drawing not saved)
• Automatically turn cards off after getting them correct a certain number/percentage of reviews
• Clean, efficient user interface, including full-screen and landscape viewing
• Custom text and background colors
• Browse mode that lets you easily navigate forward or back without keeping score
• Slideshow mode
• Large number of cards (10,000+) can be imported easily
• Backup your flashcards to your computer
• Supports Dropbox, Google Docs and USB transfers
• Very easy to get started, with lots of features and options for advanced users
• Great support! I promptly respond to any questions or feedback you may have. Use my website's public forum or email me.
You can create flashcards either on your computer or directly within the app. If you don't want to make your own, you can browse and download flashcards from Quizlet.com and Cram.com.
Creating cards on your computer is an easy process of making a two column list of questions and answers in a text editor or spreadsheet, copy/pasting your list into our website, and then downloading it to your device. (Note: iPod users will need Wi-Fi with internet access to import.) You can also transfer flashcards using Dropbox, Google Docs or even your own web server.
"If there’s anything that will leave you scratching your head about this incredible app is why it isn’t more expensive... FlashCards Deluxe is truly an educational app worth obtaining. Nothing you want to learn right now? Download the app. It will make you want to learn something just by having it." - theiphoneappreview.com 12/10/09
Please see our web site for more information.
If you are not satisfied with the product for any reason, please let me know why and I'll try to help.
What's New in Version 3.6.3
Fixed Google Drive login issue
Fixed Quizlet Picture downloads
• Progress Chart
- tap to show weekly view
- daily progress % now shown
• Statistics - option to exclude slideshow time from "Time Studied"
• Fixed issue with Quizlet picture downloads
• Fixed issue with Cram.com login
• Bug fixes
This app rocks!
So many elements of this app kicks ar...backside... in my mind!
Spaced repetition, ease of making cards on a computer (certainly not limited to that!– I just wanted to get the cards made faster rather than typing away on my iPhone) with a full keyboard and then syncing it across, the crazy, crazy easy way of converting my flashcards into audio – text-to-speech flashcards is amazing (Just discovered – inspiration for this review)! It boosts my capacity to use the app to a whole other level!
Also the really functional introduction card deck that is another way to teach me how to use the app was a novel way of introducing some of the functions etc!
Note: after 15 minutes of downloading the app I had a flashcard deck made and was testing myself on my phone! So good! And really (Surprise, surprise) helpful help section too!!
I really like this app. It is so easy to use and is extremely convenient; however, I have issues transporting cards with pictures through Dropbox and google drive. This can be bypassed by simply storing all cards by making an account with their website.
For classes with more symbols that are hard to type, I write down what I want on paper and take a picture of it. I'm terribly lazy, so I take pictures of all of the sides. That may seem like it defeats the purpose of flashcard, but if you have a whiteboard, it saves trees and money on buying them! I love the feature to have multiple sides to a card which allows you to test yourself on multiple facets of the topic! In my organic chemistry class, it let's me quiz on the same mechanism in so many different ways.
All in all, great application!
Almost 5 stars....
I am really loving this app! Making cards is super easy adding sounds, pics, or sharing with other users & more its great. One change I would love to see would be being able to zoom into pictures added. I'm looking at kinds of cell and tissues so being able to zoom in a little like most things on my iPad would be great! This app is really programmed to help you learn information keeps up with your progress/scores.
Students WORTH EVERY CENT and its at a good price. Would love to see the price stay the same it's a college student friendly price
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 27, 2014
- Version: 3.6.3
- Size: 7.6 MB
- Languages: English, German, Japanese, Korean
- Seller: Ernest Thomason
- © 2012 Ernest Thomason
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.