This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Flashcards Deluxe is an easy to use, yet powerful flashcard app which you can use to study just about anything you want. I use this app for my own Chinese studies, and am constantly improving it to make it better for myself and others.
iTunes store Staff Favorite (December 2009)
10/10 - theiphoneappreview.com
(There is a free lite version available.)
• Two smart study modes that automatically focus more on the cards you miss: Leitner and a more advanced Spaced Repetition mode (similar to SuperMemo or Anki)
• Text to speech (TTS) audio in 18 languages (no internet connection needed to study)
• Multiple choice option
• Spelling tests (listen to audio and use keyboard to answer)
• Searchable listing of your cards that allows you to easily look up other terms as you study
• Organize decks in folders and combine decks for studying
• Several flashcard color themes to choose from (sky, wood, chalkboard, etc.)
• Divide cards into categories
• 1 to 5 sided cards
• Include pictures and sounds. Zoom into pictures. Auto repeat sounds.
• 3 response levels: Wrong, I kind of know, I know really well (vs the standard correct/wrong) - for more efficient studying
• Easy navigation - swipe or tap to answer (customizable)
• Draw self-graded answer with your finger
• Automatically turn cards off after getting them correct a certain number/percentage of reviews
• Clean, efficient user interface, including full-screen and landscape viewing
• Custom text and background colors
• Browse mode that lets you easily navigate forward or back without keeping score
• Slideshow mode
• Large number of cards (10,000+) can be imported easily
• Backup your flashcards to your computer
• Supports Dropbox, Google Docs and USB transfers
• Very easy to get started, with lots of features and options for advanced users
• Great support! I promptly respond to any questions or feedback you may have. Use my website's public forum or email me.
You can create flashcards either on your computer or directly within the app. If you don't want to make your own, you can browse and download flashcards from the app's Shared Library.
Creating cards on your computer is an easy process of making a two column list of questions and answers in a text editor or spreadsheet, copy/pasting your list into our website, and then downloading it to your device. (Note: iPod users will need Wi-Fi with internet access to import.) You can also transfer flashcards using Dropbox, Google Docs or even your own web server.
"If there’s anything that will leave you scratching your head about this incredible app is why it isn’t more expensive... Flashcards Deluxe is truly an educational app worth obtaining. Nothing you want to learn right now? Download the app. It will make you want to learn something just by having it." - theiphoneappreview.com 12/10/09
Please see our web site for more information.
If you are not satisfied with the product for any reason, please let me know why and I'll try to help.
What's New in Version 4.9.4
• Bug fixes
This App is Perfect, and the developer is equally Great
I've used Flash Card apps for years to study professionally. My last App, I learned, was not going to update to the iOS 64 bit requirement, so I needed a new Flash Card App. After reading reviews and features carefully, this is the App I chose. The price is incredibly fair for the quality of the App and vast features it offers - multiple choice, text to speech, free storage, 3 sided-cards, color and font choices, and even 3 ways to answer a question, - wrong, right and strong confidence right - for better follow-on card review. Great support if you have questions from the developer as well. Skip the rest and choose this App for your studies, and you will not be disappointed. Thanks for such a perfect App!
Has features other flashcard apps don't have.
Just started using this app. Some of the reasons I like it a lot:
1) has the ability to add pictures by drawing on each side. Makes it so much easier to add drawings to your flashcards (otherwise you need to open another app, draw something, save, then export to this app, etc.)
2) has the ability to have multiple sides on each card which is huge
3) has the ability to add notes to each card, to help you remember stuff
4) has the ability to draw your answers while reviewing or quizzing yourself on the flashcards; i'm a bit more of a visual learner, so sometimes I like to doodle to help myself understand things better or work through a problem. Also, the app won't save these drawings, so you don't have to erase once you're done; think of it like scratch paper alongside your flashcards.
5) can be exported to your pc via usb. Having a cloud and being able to export/import via google drive is good too, but if the app ever stops being supported, I know that I can always still backup and update via my cpu.
Fantastic flashcard software all in all.
Perfect for foreign language flashcards
Fantastic app, simple but well organized, with great integration options. A smartphone is a perfect format for using flashcards.
For each chapter or topic of my language studies, I make a 2-column Google Spreadsheet, with word or phrase I need to learn in the first column, and corresponding answer in English on the right. Then I download this in the app and make it into a flash card deck. I go forward through the deck, then from end to beginning, and so forth until I've mastered the material.
And I have all this in my pocket, so if I'm waiting somewhere or am otherwise bored, I always have the option of drilling flashcards. It's a great productivity addition to a language learning toolkit.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jun 13, 2017
- Version: 4.9.4
- Size: 19.3 MB
- Languages: English, German, Korean
- Seller: Ernest Thomason
- © 2017 Ernest Thomason
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.