The completely free, ad free, advanced flashlight app for your phone with all possible controls in a simple interface optimized for speed.
Averaging 5-star ratings and millions of downloads, this flashlight app is a must-have utility for your phone. It fully remembers its state when you quit, and doesn't have any useless bloated art. Even if you already have a flashlight app beyond the standard iOS widget, my bet is that it wastes your phone's memory and loads slower than this one.
This app transforms your iPhone into a very powerful flashlight using the torch of the rear camera. It works 100% of the time (unlike others), it is exceedingly small and fast loading (unlike others), and is completely free (unlike others). No internet connection used, no ads, no upsells, no marketing, just a flashlight.
- No ads
- Flash on/off, INSTANT on.
- Complete range of light intensity control
- Any screen size from iPhone SE up
- Emergency Morse SOS mode on shake
- Strobe with complete control over the light AND dark timings (10ms to 2s)
- 40Hz Mode for those wanting to experiment with brain waves
- Morse mode (manual strobe)
- Loads extremely quickly, fastest flashlight on the app store
- Can completely darken your screen for better effect
- No wasteful pretty images
- Remembers its state when in background mode and across restarts
- It is impossible to keep the flash running in the background, iOS forbids it for 3rd party apps.
- This app manages a 10ms strobe speed (100 strobes / second), which is about the best that the devices can achieve.
If you're looking for a flashlight app that just works, loads as quickly as possible, stays in multitasking memory as much as possible for later reuse, or want complete control over strobe timings, this one is for you.
Please note: Continued use of the flash may dramatically decrease battery life
New feature: a 40 Hz mode for those wanting to experiment with gamma brain waves
Updated for iOS 11, Swift 4 and the latest iPhone X
As usual, keeping it fast and very very small.
Ratings and Reviews
Best flashlight app just got better!
Thank you, Rik, for making the best flashlight app on the app store even better! *So happy* to have the ability to adjust the brightness of the LED. I use it sometimes as a night light and my wife complains that it's too bright. This solves that problem and also helps conserve battery life - making my life easier. And that's what good updates are all about :)
Excellent until latest OS upgrade
Now with iPhone 6s at 11.0.2, flashlight usually does not come on when the app launches like it used to. I must touch the intensity slider or hit other buttons within the app to get the lamp to light. Still give 5 stars hoping for a fix
The app is now updated to the latest iOS11 and Swift 4, and the misbehaving flash problem is fixed. Thanks for waiting.
Still one of the best
I have had this app since iPhone 4, now at iOS 11 on iPhone X and still use it. The reason I settled on this one is that it has one of the smallest footprints of all flashlight apps. Why use up precious memory?
- Henri Asseily
- 16.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Henri Asseily
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.