Flat is a collaborative sheet music editor that lets you create music scores and guitar tabs!
Create and edit your music score documents with your iPhone or your iPad in real-time with your friends or colleagues.
Flat brings the following features among many others:
- Your music notation editor in your pocket.
- Real-time collaboration and offline edition if you lose your internet connection.
- Read and write music notation and guitar tabs, together.
- Percussion instruments and notation to create amazing drum scores.
- An easy way to add chords with a useful autocompletion.
Once you're done composing share your composition with a worldwide community of more than 1 million composers. Become popular and build your own personal portfolio to share with other professionals out there!
Dear Flat users,
We are excited to introduce the support of collections in this brand new release. This feature will allow you to organize your documents in a much better way. You can also access your shared documents easier in a dedicated section as well as the ability to restore recently removed documents by accessing the "Trash" section. Thanks to many of your feedback we were able to fix minor issues as well as performance improvements, we really appreciate your involvement in making the app always better. Please do not hesitate to report issues or suggestions, we need you!
Ratings and Reviews
Very promising but too buggy to be usable
I spent about an hour with this app and was able to compose a four bar melody that I quite enjoyed. The two stars are primarily due to the app’s failure to save my score after merely backing out to the main menu and re-entering the score, but the composition interface, which is admirably ambitious and comes pretty close to achieving its goals, contained more bugs than I can remember:
- the delete note button regularly failed to do anything
- playback often continued after pressing stop
- when selecting an existing note, the keyboard regularly failed to highlight the correct keys. This was especially true with chords
- the keyboard doesn’t scroll far enough left to give you access to c2, though you can see it if you pull
- undo and redo sometimes did surprising things, though this may have been due to my lack of familiarity with the app and not an actual bug
- insert and shift subsequent notation right (this may be intentional)
- record and quantize
Would have rated 4 stars were it not for the bugs, and 5 if the UI were a bit less cluttered and a bit more intuitive p—but kudos for tackling a hard UI problem and doing it well!
Playback Issues and misleading updates
I really like flat. I’m glad that I found out about it. But with all due respect, when you decide to actually fix something please fix the playback issue because it doesn’t work. I should be able to press the play button and then it plays. You have the play button which is a good start, but now make it actually playable. Lastly if you did fix something please make sure that you really did before saying so because I got all excited but then I found out it’s still a problem. Fix this please.
P.S If you fix this I’ll give you five stars 😉
It says its fast and smooth but i cant get any of my Compositions/Arrangements to load or even play, then it just crashes, i love the computer version and i was trying to get this so i can show my band director what i work on from time to time bc opening it on Safari or Google on my phone the volume is choppy and staticky and takes like 5 minutes to load, thanks but ill just stick to the computer
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.