"Featured app selected by Apple Editors - App of the Day, Note-taking on the next level, College Life, Apple Pencil Enhanced, New App We Loved, Noteworthy Apps & Game, Productivity Boost for teachers"
Whether you’re doing homework, reading school papers, researching documents, or looking through PDF textbooksー use Flexcil! Flexcil is an easy to use, annotation and note-taking tool. Simply highlight by pen gestures and capture images and text on the study-note by pen gestures! Save time transcribing summaries by gestures on study-note with your touch pen or Apple pencil.
You might be more comfortable using a pen and paper for studying right now, but once you download Flexcil, you’ll become more efficient and less stressed! Say goodbye to tired wrists, tedious underlining and boring note taking.
We created Flexcil with only one purpose in mindーto make your school work EASY and FUN.
• Seamlessly highlight and underline text
• Summarize and organize your thoughts, texts and notes
• Instantly open any PDF for reading and studying
• Zoom in to read small text
• Organize and manage your books AND notes
EASY AND INTUITIVE TOUCH GESTURES
• Drag and paste text flawlessly
• Smooth Image selection
• Reading and pen gesture mode - FLEXCIL EXCLUSIVE
• Search the dictionary for any definitions you need
• Simulate real life note taking by using your Apple Pencil
• Through our 3-step process we guarantee you will never have any touch malfunctions
NO MORE PAIN
• Improved the tiring, old-fashioned way of writing which results in wrist/palm pain
• Comfortable for all users of any age!
• Support new iPad Pro and Apple pencil 2nd generation
• Support 2-page spread view (PDF / Notes)
• Folders/ Files/ Study Notes Category management
• Navigate annotations and contents
• Support Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive & iCloud
• Support iOS 11 Drag & Drop (iOS 11 or higher)
• Backup Data (iCloud / Google Drive / Dropbox, etc.)
• Support for video tips (Extend additional pen list when checking all the tips)
Flexcil Standard (In-App Purchase)
• Navigate PDF and Study Notes annotations
• Navigate annotations and references in PDF and Study Notes
• Unlimited folders, categories, and Study Note pages
• Add and Edit the text box in PDF and Study Notes
• Add and Crop the image in PDF and Study Notes (new)
• Support drawing straight line
• Support Lasso tool for handwritten data movement (new)
• Support moving, deleting, and merging Study Notes pages
• Up to 40 pen lists and more pen colors (new)
• Premium Study Notes cover and template (new)
• Export Study Notes, and various options for exporting (new)
• Remove watermarks in PDF export
• PDF and Notes bookmarks
Flexcil welcomes your opinions and interests to improve our app into a valued service.
- 5.1.2 Modified List
• Fixed a bug in list mode in FileManager that the folder is not updated when PDF files are moved to a folder
• Fixed a bug in FileManager that the application is terminated when moving a folder to another folder
1. Major New Features
• Support ‘Box’ cloud storage
• Support ‘WebDAV’
2. Additional Features
• Support changing a recent PDF file in Page Navigation
• Show arrow UI when moving ‘Pen Toolbar'
3. Fixed Bugs
• Fixed a bug that the position of annotations is moved when exporting some PDF documents
• Fixed a bug that checkboxes are not showed up in editing mode in Page Navigation
Ratings and Reviews
Great note-taking app! Exactly what I am looking for
This is the app I’ve been waiting for so long. My favorite feature of this app is that it allows me to hand write notes on a separate notebook while reading and annotating a PDF document. The other apps I have tried before have great support for hand writing notes on blank paper and annotating PDF files, but none of them allowed me to do both simultaneously.
This feature is greatly useful if you are reading some PDF documents (research paper, presentation slides and/or scanned textbooks) and want to keep your own, organized notes to assist learning/understanding. Usually there won’t be enough space in PDF docs, so you will have to take the notes somewhere else. I’ve tried getting a piece of paper out and writing the notes there. But it’s not very convenient since I will have to scan my notes later. I’ve also tried splitting screen and writing notes in a different app. But that is not quite comfortable since the app window will be smaller and I have to zoom and move the page a lot.
Flexcil does all I need. Many thanks to the developers!
One additional feature I would love to see in the future is the ability to customize the typed text. Right now I couldn’t change the color/size of my typed notes. It’s not a big issue for me since most of my notes are handwritten but I do think such customizability would be great.
Great app for researchers
This is a purposely designed app for digital note taking and documents highlighting/underlying. The ultimate purpose for these activities is to assist learning, memory and information retrieval. Flexcil allows one to perform these activities with minimal effort using gestures and these gestures are easy to learn and intuitive. Integration with Dropbox and Google Drive makes file management very easy.
After using it for a few hours, I would suggest the developers find an easier way to for users to change existing properties of annotations, such as highlighted colors, as well as adding more custom colors. For this please see for example the app Goodreads. Alternatively, I think the app can also take more advantage of the notes recorded by the user, to make them more available for further reviews and study by introducing a database that allows tagging and further classification (like Evernotes). For this you may also learn some elements from the app MarginNotes. Nonetheless, I believe this app has huge potential and it may very well become one of the best platform for digital learning. I hope this comes soon because I also just paid for the standard version :)
Developer Response ,
Hi, I sincerely appreciate you using Flexcil and reaching us. In addition to this, thank you so much for your remarkable compliments along with helpful feedback. It really encourages us to move forward in order to achieve the overall Flexcil improvements. As you already know, our Flexcil team is aiming to foster a more flexible and intuitive work/studying environments for all the users nationwide. Among the suggestions that you have mentioned above, diversification in pen colors is also what we are considering for the further developments. We are thinking of adding bookmark features in the near future as well to help users keep track on their notes as well. We thus can surely say that we will consistently work hard on developing a more enhanced version of Flexcil. If you have any questions regarding Flexcil, please do not hesitate to let us know via email@example.com. Thanks a lot. Hope you have a great day today!!
Interactive Tutorial Removed?
What happened to the “interactive tutorial”?
Standard Supporter Here.
I remember it teaching me
-how to add a website image
-underline words, then move them
-I think we were able to to move text as well.
I see the “video” tutorials which is great.
However, I recall and memorize immediately by “doing” hence the importance of your interactive tutorial to me and those like me. How do I get it back? (I’m already forgetting stuff)
UPDATE: regarding tutorial, confused you with Margin Note 3. Margin Note outdoing you in features. You may want to see what their doing, mind mapping, FlashCards, research, note taking, highlighting individual keywords within a sentence or paragraphs, labeling... just insane.
Anyways, will leave my questions below, but to be honest I am going back to MarginNote 3. (Dripping wet in features) Once they learn how to simplify their UI more, it’s going to be very interesting, to watch the note/study market duke it out.
Should be an interesting fight. I’m seeing lot’s of development in gestures, and heavy focus on features, will make a very interesting fight. I’ve been here since the beginning, I’m watching Big Bang form before my eyes.
1) Does Flexcil convert notes into PDF?
2) Does Flexcil “allow us” to merge/combine pages from one note into another? Basically, add pages from study note book, and add them into another study note book?
- Flexcil Inc.
- 200 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 - 2019 Flexcil Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- FLEXCIL STANDARD $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.