Flexile is a different kind of database app that allows you make sense of your data by linking records together with a customizable interface.
Flexile is designed to link pieces of information together. While it keeps the standard "tables, fields and records" of most databases, it differs by allowing you to easily link a record to any other record in the database by simply selecting the record you want to link to. You can then leverage these links using Aggregates, Formulas and References, making Flexile a powerful database app.
=== Features ===
• No complicated relational database management. To "Link" one record to another, simply select the record you want to Link to. That's it, easy and simple.
• Intuitive, easy to use interface that uses lot's of gestures if you want them, but doesn't hide anything behind those gestures.
• Numerous Interactive Gestures to make navigation easier including: Pinch to Close, Swipe to Delete, Tap & Hold to rearrange, Double-Swipe to go Back, etc.
• Unlimited View creation (also called 'forms') using an easy drag and drop interface to customize your fields. Attach saved Filters and Sorts to further customize the data you see.
• Setup multiple pages of information for both Table Views and Detail Views and swipe between them easily.
• Large selection of Field Types (see below).
• Full screen editing - Fields expand to fill screen when editing instead of wasting valuable screen estate.
• Double Pane interface so that your tables are always nearby.
• Several Themes to choose from.
• Savable Multi-Field Record Sorting and Filtering with Table Aggregates (Total, Average, Min, Max, Count).
• Access to remote services for Backup, Restore, Import & Export. Remote services include: Dropbox, SugarSync and Box.net.
• Sophisticated Import process allows auto-Link generation, duplication detection, control over overwriting data and splitting a single import file into multiple tables. Match import columns easily to Flexile's tables using a drag and drop interface. Flexile can currently import : CSV (comma separated values), TSV (tab separated values) & the local Contact Database.
• Export Records into a CSV file for upload or email. Optionally include Linked records with the exported records.
=== Field Types ===
• Text Field
• Note Field
• Number Field (with Customizable Prefix, ex: $ )
• Formatted Phone Numbers
• Date, Time, Date & Time
• Email (in-app mail composition)
• Website (in-app Web browsing)
• Checkbox (can be tapped from record list)
• Images (camera and photo library)
• Audio Recording
• Pick List
• Calculated (formulas created using Drag and Drop interface)
• Aggregate (Sum, Count, Max, Min, Average) for Linked Records
• Reference Field (displays data from a Linked Record)
• Concatenation Field (combine text from other fields into a single value)
• Running Balance
- (Fixed) Checkbox controls didn't retain data after restarting app. This was due to the database no longer recognizing boolean values as such and storing them as string characters instead. This error has been fixed, and the Checkbox controls updated to handle previously stored string values.
- (Fixed) Unable to select space between paragraphs (empty paragraphs).
Note: You may need to recreate any filters that search for Checkbox values if you were affected by the checkbox issue above.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent database app for free
I'm still learning to use all the features of this database app, but from what I have learned and used this far I'm a happy newbie.
I've tried and tested several mobile database apps. This one offers more flexibility, clear and concise instructions and a reasonable learning curve. By reasonable, I mean that a moderate amount of database understands and exposure is good to have. Other apps seem to need expert level skills to accomplish simple db creation and use.
Thank you to the developer for offering this free and for NOT nagging the crap out of me for reviews. I know they are necessary, but no-nag apps get the most reviews from me.
Good. But some cons
Has some good features similar information management apps do not include, but also missing some useful features they do provide.
What Have You Geniuses Gone and Done
After yet another Tapforms mishap (this time I lost an entire field of data in a 1,200 record Dbase), I was left feeling fairly miserable. I know people say this, but after five years of playing around with iDevice database apps, I pretty much had tried them all, but out of habit, I regularly search through the store to see if anything new is available.
I have to admit I was extremely skeptical about this new app. I didn't click with it right away, but I didn't delete it; instead I let it sit on one of the back pages of my iPad. There was something charming about this app that I liked - mainly the sarcastic tone of the help menu - that kept me from sending it on its way. I figured I'd give it another chance when I had time. And then my Tapforms database wrecked all my data, and I was all like, "That time is now."
When I realized after a good hour or so of skeptically messing around, importing some data and so forth, what this app was allowing me to do, I was blown away. Did it really just let me link that table to that other table just by clicking on a field, even though no unique identifier was present? And am I really able to see all related records in a nice, tidy, exportable list? How much more efficient was this app going to make me by being able to see all of the important data I need with just a few clicks? I haven't used the app long enough to say that without a doubt, it exceeds the functionality of every other Dbase on the app store (Ninox, Dbase, etc), but so far, it has been a breath of fresh air.
The interface and quirkiness of the design is somewhat polarizing, and I suspect you will either love it or hate it, but that aside, it seems to me that "Flexile," no matter what it gets wrong, manages to get one thing right: connecting lists to other lists in an efficient, effective way. And that is what moved me to write this review. Who are you people? And what's the deal with this app? It feels as if it was written by someone who actually cares about databases. There are signs of obsessive attention to detail built into this densely packed app. Using it feels a bit like using someone else's freaky, customized-to-the-max spreadsheet file. "Welcome to my world," the help menu winks. "You'll learn to like it here." And maybe it's right.
- FlexileSoft LLC
- 32.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2012 FlexileSoft LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.