The flexxCOACH sportBOARD is an indispensable tool for coaches who want to teach from on the ice or behind the bench. Created by Coaches for Coaches, this feature rich application allows you to...
- Design specific plays on the fly or in advance
- Design your diagrams using a robust set of icons and drawing actions:
* Full or half rink option
* Player icons (right and left handed)
* Player symbols, X and O's, colored circles
* Drawing actions including skate forward, skate backwards, carry puck, shoot, and pass
* Text tool to label players, areas of the diagram, or enter specific instructions
- Move and rotate players, symbols, and text
- Ability to save your diagrams for future use
- Display your diagrams on your device or on an external screen
- Share your diagram image with your team or through social media
* Sharing diagrams now supported through text, social media, etc...
* You can now draw on previously saved diagrams in full screen mode
* Drag and drop support for player symbols - no more tapping to place a player symbol
* Numerous performance improvements, including drawing and faster saving/loading of diagrams
* Updated App Store Images
Ratings and Reviews
This app is missing even the most simplest of tools - an eraser! To make things worse, it only has a couple levels of " undo" so if you want to edit your drill often your only option is to start over. Puck symbol is as big as players so it takes up a huge amount of space. I honestly can't figure out how anyone uses this app effectively. Sadly, there's just not too many options out there. I'd pay $50 for an updated version of this that allowed you to compile drills into plans, with time script for drills (my practices are very time compressed), ability to output PDF, email to share with asst. coaches + players, drill organizer interface (I coach different youth age levels), better tools (lines, goals, cones, tires, coaches, etc).
Hi - we've recently posted an updated version of the sportBOARD with new features including the ability to share and print your diagrams. flexxCOACH also offers a web based Practice Planner that offers everything you mentioned in your comment. Visit our website for more information - https://www.flexxcoach.com
More equipment options
Would be great if one could move the nets instead of always having to be in the crease. Think multi station drills. Could also use some pucks and cones. All in all, just a tad too basic.
Not bad for first go around
A little buggy. Sometimes you place a player on the board and then go to move or turn him and you can't select him. Even when you "clear" the board, he'll still remain.
Cons: Periodic crashes, can't rename a file or drill once you've saved it, can't email the drill to yourself ( I end up using the "snapshot" feature of the iPad to mail to myself),
Pros: very easy navigation, filing of drills very simple to save and load,
Not a bad program when you are on the run and just need to get some drills documented, etc. There are still some benefits of using a desktop version of practice planning software for detailed practices.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.