Please note that this is NOT intended to be a standalone app.
This is a companion app for "Flick Timer", the iPad timer app. Flick Control turns your iPhone into a remote controller for Flick Timer using Bluetooth and wifi technology.
The interface of the remote control is made up of simple colored tiles. Explore by tapping on them, we promise this will be a delightful experience! (You may like to try swiping too : )
To get started, make sure:
(1) Bluetooth and wifi are enabled on both your iPad (Flick Timer) and iPhone (Flick Control);
(2) "Timer Name" and "Password" are specified and match on both devices;
(3) Remote Control is enabled in Flick Timer settings (a flashing satellite dish icon should be displayed on the top left hand corner of the timer)
NOTE: Notification used in this app is local, not from any external server. It is for notifying you that the time is up when the timer is running in the background.
- updated for iOS 9
- bluetooth works again for iOS 9
- added a "Help" button, please discover it :p
- Please update your Flick Timer to 2.0 as well, they work in pair
Ratings and Reviews
Great, but needs one important tweak
The iPad will quickly "sleeps/lock" when timer runs out, which requires manual unlocking before remote-control can continue. My corporate profile does not permit a no lock settings. Easy fix for this would be to have option to have clock count backwards , which would double as an important reminder of time that speakers have gone over when used for presentations.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.