Flick Timer (with Remote Control)
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Flick Timer is a remote-controllable count-down timer, suitable for use as a conference timer. (The companion controller iPhone app "Flick Remote" is a free download from App Store).
It can be used in the kitchen, in classrooms, in competitions, in meditation, in any situation where a count-down timer is needed.
It continues to count in the background and will remind you with an alarm sound and notification when the time is up.
Flick Timer is a Big 3D count-down timer for the iPad with minimalist design.
It sports a clean and focused timer face with no button at all. Control is done via familiar finger gestures: double taps and swipes.
The zen oriented design makes this app suitable for use in meditation.
- Remote controllable via blue-tooth and wifi (with free companion iPhone app "Flick Remote");
- Digits flip in nice 3D animation;
- Customisable scrolling caption for timer;
- Option to turn caption on or off;
- 3D perspective
- Charmingly designed pathway to timer settings;
- Clean and focused user interface for the timer;
- Select from multiple alarm sounds, including "silent alarm" (to minimise distraction);
- Timer continues counting while in background;
- Alarm will sound even if timer runs out in the background;
- Digits change color at 50% and 20% mark to provide quick visual cue
What's New in Version 2.0
- updated for iOS 9
- ticker style scrolling caption under timer
- minor bug fixes
- Please update your Flick Control (if you have it on your iPhone) to 2.0 as well, they work in pair
We use this in a TV studio for timing segments. iPad sets in a shelf in the studio for the host to see, and iPhone is in the control room. Timer works great, is easy to change on a whim, and is visually effective, especially with the color changes near the end of the countdown. Option for no alarm is perfect. Remote control interface on the iPhone is simple, but effective. Large colorful buttons on the iPhone screen make it easy to mindlessly remote control while managing a room full of equipment.
Does exactly what it says and it's worth every cent so far. Been using it for a few days.