Does it feel familiar? It’s because it is! Using the standard QWERTY layout and 3 simple flick gestures, FlickType is the fastest available typing method for blind and low-vision users, ever. You don’t need to learn a new way to type. Just tap where it feels natural and FlickType’s powerful algorithms will get it right, almost every time!
No more spacebar or other control keys to hunt for. Simply flick right for space. To delete, flick left. Not the right word? Flick down for alternative suggestions.
An extremely fluid typing experience, and with enough additional functions to satisfy the book writer in you, FlickType will turn the chore of typing into something you may actually enjoy!
Happy typing! Smile
For complete product information, instructions and more, visit us at https://www.flicktype.com
Please always restart your device after updating FlickType, and send all your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Reading back your text with a 3-finger press can now also be done with 2-fingers. This should allow Accessibility Zoom users to utilize this feature, which previously conflicted with the zoom gestures.
- Words will now also be spelled after moving the cursor.
- Added voice feedback when VoiceOver is disabled.
- Add setting to toggle "Voice Feedback", enabled by default.
- Fixed dictionary capitalization issue for automatically added words. Thanks David!
- Gesture bugfixes.
- You can now use your existing iOS text replacement shortcuts with FlickType. Configure text replacements from iOS Settings, General, Keyboard, Text Replacement. If you tap-type the shortcut, it will automatically be expanded into its phrase. If you type it accurately by touch-typing each letter, you'll need to flick down to expand it. Replacement shortcuts can only contain letters, but expanded phrases can be anything, including numbers, symbols, spaces, and even emoji. Be creative, smile! Please note: the replacements don't work inside the container app due to iOS limitations.
Thank you for supporting FlickType, and please tell your friends if you are enjoying it!
Ratings and Reviews
Definitely improvement, and there can be more.
I for the longest time have been against the usage of my phone, one of the reasons being that typing has always been a rather difficult journey for me. I mainly use dictation, but that can’t be discreet in public places, and it doesn’t always hear me right. I never had a chance to try out fleksy, But even so this is a major improvement. The only problem is that I run into, is sometimes when trying to release a manually typed letter on the custom keyboard, and ends up typing a different letter. And also a batch add to dictionary would be useful, as well as the dictionary respecting common root word rules, such as a pending “slj “to the end of a word. Great job so far, especially in the time that this thing has been in development. Keep up the great work, and let’s make this app better for everyone.
Minor bug introduced!
Within hours of writing review, an update was released. The keyboard switching is no longer an issue.I really do love having this keyboard. It makes daily typing so much easier. I'm finding an odd quirk with latest update. I have three keyboards that I switch between... This one, Apple standard, and the emoji keyboard. Sometimes it switches between this keyboard and emoji only. Constantly bypassing the Apple standard keyboard. Having to switch like three times before I can get right keyboard. I've tried a reboot and turning VO off \ on. Neither was effective in fixing this minor annoyance. It just slows me down for a moment or two.
I'm using an iPhone 8 which is running the most current software. Hopefully this will be corrected in an upcoming update. Otherwise it's a fantastic app.
Makes on screen typing a non-visual experience
FlickType makes typing on an iDevice so much faster with only one finger and no need to look at the keyboard. It's predictive engine is so powerful that the correct word is either initially selected or included in the alternatives list that you only need to get somewhat near the actual letter in the word you're typing. FlickType's gestures make it unnecessary to search for punctuation or special characters to type your input. And it's learning curve is not steep so you can be typing quickly with only a few minutes practice. Thanks FlickType!
- Kpaw LLC
- 40 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Kpaw LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Use inside all apps $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.