By Jason Allen
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Fly over mountains, valleys, waterfalls, canyons, and caverns. Land your plane on aircraft carriers, airfields, and airports. Soar over the ranges, or dodge trees on the deck. Unlock new airfields, aircraft, missions and challenges!
Flight Theory is a flight simulator that focuses on realism and fun. Tilt your device to control the airplane. Drag your finger across the screen to look around and take in the sights.
Perform a perfect landing and top the leader board or just fly around for fun!
- Virtual 3D cockpits.
- Dynamic skies. Choose your favorite time to fly - early morning, evening, or night? Choose a random time and watch the sun and moon cross the sky as you fly.
- Land on aircraft carriers and airfields.
- Detailed 3D terrain. Soar over mountains, valleys, trees, and rivers.
- Unlockable airfields and missions. Completing one mission unlocks the next in the series. Each mission can be replayed with random start and end locations.
- Online leaderboards and achievements. Each landing is scored by a number of factors. Line up perfectly, land gently, and you'll be rewarded with a great score!
- Focus on realism and fun. Flight Theory simulates stalls, lift, drag, flaps, and more.
- Free Flight mode.
- World War 1 / World War 2 era aircraft and more.
Flight Theory is a simulator in continuous development. Please send any suggestions for improvements, new planes, or features you’d like to see in future updates.
Fasten your seat belt and put tray tables in their upright position. Flight Theory is quite a ride. Take off today!
What's New in Version 3.1
- Re-added "Simple flight model". Turn it on and off in the settings.
Don't buy until more updates
1. Buying the packs doesn't let you fly them, it only 'unlocks' them so you can repeat boring flights with an aircraft you already have. Bull.
2. Sopwith Camel is soooo screwed up.
3. Carriers, even ones in WW1 and WW2, have cables to catch landing aircraft. The carrier in this game has NOTHING to help slow down an aircraft.
4. $2.99? Screw you.
5. Graphics are really low quality, kinda like using MS Paint XD.
If I could get a refund, even just a cent back, I would take it.
Way to hard
It is impossible to complete any of the levels, the planes are slow and I fly for five minutes before failing in the end and quitting the app.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 26, 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 66.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jason Allen
- © Copyright 2013 Jason Allen
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPad, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
Top In-App Purchases
- Cessna 172 Skyhawk$0.99
- All Plane Packs!$2.99
- Plane Pack #2$1.99
- Plane Pack #3$1.99