Flight Update Pro - Live Flight Status, Push Alerts + TripIt Sync
By Silverware Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome all FlightTrack Pro users. If you liked FlightTrack Pro you will love Flight Update Pro. Also we are planning an update (updates are always free) in the spring so if you have any feedback now is the time to let us know.
Flight Update Pro has been available since 2008 and has been featured by Apple several times since its introduction.
Flight Update Pro provides timely flight status information combined with numerous convenient & powerful features every traveler requires. APP EXCLUSIVES: Offers fully customizable alerts to changes in your flight. It syncs with TripIt making it effortless to use. This is the most comprehensive flight app available!
Chosen BEST Summer App by tuaw*** http://tinyurl.com/BestSummerApps
Chosen BEST APP for Flight Tracking in the new book "Best iPhone Apps" www.tinyurl.com/bestFlightApp
To use Flight Update, just select an airline, flight number and date of travel. Flight Update will validate each flight and then auto-fill the remaining information about your flight, regardless if the flight is one day, one month or even one year in advance. FlightUpdate works seamlessly with TripIt. Email your airline confirmation to TripIt and it will automatically appear in the app. Can also upload changes to TripIt easily from your device-exclusive to our app.
KEY features include:
• Push notifications - alerts prior to departure, schedule changes, gate changes, departure and arrival. FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE- ONLY APP THAT HAS THIS FEATURE.
• Need an alternate flight? Find all available direct flights.
• TripIt Syncing - download your itinerary from TripIt and upload any changes via your device. Also, download trips shared with you by others.
• Real-time flight status for gates, delays and cancellations using FlightStats (rated #1 by WSJ)
• Calendar Mirroring with the built-in Calendar
• Access to flights from over 1400 airlines covering US & International
• Worldwide coverage of more than 3000 airports worldwide
• Large and easy to read display of flight times
• Terminal and gate information
• Baggage claim information
• Elegant and easy to use interface
• In-flight meal information (a Flight Update Pro exclusive)
• iCloud backup
ADVANCED features include:
• Airport Notes - now save notes for airports and refer to them when you revisit
• Concise display of layover times between your connecting flights.
• View current weather, forecasts and airport delays
• Display of On time Percentage and History of maximum delay times for flights
• Calendar Mirroring with the built-in Calendar
• Display key phone numbers and websites for airlines
• Quickly check a single flight using the InstaFlight feature
• Search for flights between cities to plan future flights
• View the SeatGuru seating chart of your aircraft and know which is the best seat for you
• Quickly email your itinerary and a message using the Quick Email and Quick SMS feature
• Organize your flights in “Trips” since we all want to be super organized
• Store your seat assignments
• Email your complete trip's flight itinerary (not just a flight at a time)
• Retina display support for sharp graphics with iPhone 4
FUN features include:
• ZOOMABLE MAPS track flights as they travel across the country (US flights only, outside US locations are estimated)
• Follow a flight’s altitude, direction, speed and the city it is flying over. (US flights only)
• Track the incoming aircraft to your departing gate (then watch it pull up to the gate as expected)
• Save your favorite airlines for future use
* What Accolades has Flight Update Pro received? Here's an abbreviated list of awards:
** Pro version chosen one of the best apps by Apple
** Chosen one of "50 Apps You Need" and best flight status application by Laptop Magazine
** “Flight Update is among my top 5 iPhone apps“ says tuaw.com
** "First class flight tracking with Flight Update" says ZDNet.
Questions/comments? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 6.05
* Minor bug fixes.
Can't Display Flight Status
Just purchased this app as I needed a replacement of "FlightTrack Pro" which I loved. The screenshots look nice but my first use after downloading it was a significant disappointment. Wanted to get a status update for the flight my wife is on and it did not work at all. First it was really not this obvious from a user perspective how to just search and add a flight to track without having to add it as a trip. A simple feature like this should not be hidden under the "Options" menu IMHO. After having found "InstaFlight", again not this obvious this is to search for a flight, for a first time user, I clicked on it, filled out the Airline and Flight number. Then when you click on "Status" the information apparently shows up but it is hidden underneath the keyboard display on the screen that shows and there is no way to collaps the keyboard or scroll to display this information. So in this regard this app is completely useless as with this current version it doesn't seem to support even this simple feature to quickly check the status of a flight that is not defined as a trip. Apparently no QA process at all as this is such an obvious bug that it seems the develpers did really not check if their app works in all aspects. Without fixing this I can't recommend it unless you really don't want or need a simple search of a flight.
Notifications on deleted trip continue...
Working well except if I delete a trio and I also delete it on Tripit the notifications continue to come in to my phone. It's not deleting something on their server. Annoying.
Turning off the notifications until that old trip is over.
Was a good App but can't upload to TripIt
Is anyone else having this problem? I loved this App for tracking travel but it will no longer upload to TripIt. I'm wondering is anyone else is having this problem. I wonder if after a while developers move on..? I'd give more stars if it would work.
Good, could be improved
I'm pleased and relieved to have this as a replacement for Flight Track Pro. So far the integration with TripIt has been seamless.
As one of the other reviewers commented, how to track a flight without adding a trip is far from obvious. Also, Flight Track used to say "Arrives at gate X minutes early" or "Arrives at gate Y minutes late." It would be helpful to have this added, although it *does* tell you both the estimated and scheduled times.
All in all, it's a really useful, good and worthy app.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Apr 11, 2016
- Version: 6.05
- Size: 7.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Silverware Software, LLC
- © 2009-2016 Silverware Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.