Flight Update Pro - Live Flight Status, Push Alerts + TripIt Sync
By Silverware Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flight Update Pro provides timely flight status information combined with numerous convenient & powerful features every traveler requires. APP EXCLUSIVES: Offers fully customizable alerts to changes in your flight. This is the most comprehensive flight app available!
Chosen BEST Summer App by tuaw*** http://tinyurl.com/BestSummerApps
Chosen BEST APP for Flight Tracking in the new book "Best iPhone Apps" www.tinyurl.com/bestFlightApp
To use Flight Update, just select an airline, flight number and date of travel. Flight Update will validate each flight and then auto-fill the remaining information about your flight, regardless if the flight is one day, one month or even one year in advance. FlightUpdate works seamlessly with TripIt. Email your airline confirmation to TripIt and it will automatically appear in the app. Can also upload changes to TripIt easily from your device-exclusive to our app.
KEY features include:
• Push notifications - alerts prior to departure, schedule changes, gate changes, departure and arrival. FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE- ONLY APP THAT HAS THIS FEATURE.
• Need an alternate flight? Find all available direct flights.
• TripIt Syncing - download your itinerary from TripIt and upload any changes via your device. Also, download trips shared with you by others.
• Real-time flight status for gates, delays and cancellations using FlightStats (rated #1 by WSJ)
• Calendar Mirroring with the built-in Calendar
• Access to flights from over 1400 airlines covering US & International
• Worldwide coverage of more than 3000 airports worldwide
• Large and easy to read display of flight times
• Terminal and gate information
• Baggage claim information
• Elegant and easy to use interface
• In-flight meal information (a Flight Update Pro exclusive)
ADVANCED features include:
• Airport Notes - now save notes for airports and refer to them when you revisit
• Concise display of layover times between your connecting flights.
• View current weather, forecasts and airport delays
• Display of On time Percentage and History of maximum delay times for flights
• Calendar Mirroring with the built-in Calendar
• Display key phone numbers and websites for airlines
• Quickly check a single flight using the InstaFlight feature
• Search for flights between cities to plan future flights
• View the SeatGuru seating chart of your aircraft and know which is the best seat for you
• Quickly email your itinerary and a message using the Quick Email and Quick SMS feature
• Organize your flights in “Trips” since we all want to be super organized
• Store your seat assignments
• Email your complete trip's flight itinerary (not just a flight at a time)
• Retina display support for sharp graphics with iPhone 4
FUN features include:
• ZOOMABLE MAPS track flights as they travel across the country (US flights only, outside US locations are estimated)
• Follow a flight’s altitude, direction, speed and the city it is flying over. (US flights only)
• Track the incoming aircraft to your departing gate (then watch it pull up to the gate as expected)
• Save your favorite airlines for future use
* What Accolades has Flight Update Pro received? Here's an abbreviated list of awards:
** Pro version chosen one of the best apps by Apple
** Chosen one of "50 Apps You Need" and best flight status application by Laptop Magazine
** “Flight Update is among my top 5 iPhone apps“ says tuaw.com
** "First class flight tracking with Flight Update" says ZDNet.
Need an app to manage all the components of your trip? Check out our Award Winning TRAVELTRACKER PRO app. It's a full service itinerary app which organizes your hotels, car rentals, limos, dining reservations and more.
Questions/comments? Email us at email@example.com
What's New in Version 6.02
* Bug fixes.
About As Good As It Gets-still
I travel extensively both domestically and internationally. This app is literally indispensable. It works flawlessly and now that I have learned exactly how to keep my iPhone and iPad in sycn, I have absolutely no reservation about recommending Flight Update Pro.
For the record, I did contact Silverware Support with some issues on how to sync, and I received an immediate response. Great program, great support.
This is a quick update to my earlier review of last year. The program just keeps getting better. My wife and I made a large number of international and domestic flights last year, and Flight Update was outstanding. After our upgrade to new iPhones and iPads however I encounted a problem being able to sync all our devices. Once again I wrote to Scott, the author of the app, and once again received an immediate reply. He correctly diagnosed my problem, and now everything is once again working flawlessly. I can still highly recommend this program.
From the Developer
In a response to a recent review by Boot tug:
Flight Update Pro has been available since 2008 and this is the first we have ever heard of such an issue. The only possibility I can think of is that this user is running the app and two separate devices and has enabled Calendar mirroring on both devices. The simple solution is to only mirror your flights to the calendar on ONE device.
Regardless, we ask that if ANY user is having issues to please contact us directly via email as we have see most every issue and can solve them typically in a single email. Posting a review with a problem does not allow us to solve the problem as there is no way for us to contact the user posting the review.
Thanks to all our users who have made Flight Update Pro a top choice among flight tracking apps. We value your feedback so please email us if you have any suggestions. We ALWAYS respond to emails in a timely manner.
OK, but there are some things that would make it even better
For this and other flight apps, would like it to indicate both when the flight lands on the ground, and when it gets to the gate.
Once it gave me an incorrect baggage carousel number, other times haven't seen it shown.
In the rare case that a flight is diverted, did not tell me where it went instead, and when it finally completed the trip.
This is supposed to update automatically. May have when I first got it, but doesn't seem to anymore.
I may be wrong, but notifications seem sporadic.
Maps of terminals would be helpful, especially where each airline is in shared terminals.
There may be other issues, but that's what I can think of at the moment.
Burt Ray Simpson
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Nov 17, 2014
- Version: 6.02
- Size: 3.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Silverware Software, LLC
- © 2009-2014 Silverware Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.