Easily capture data to generate drone maps and models with your Skycatch Explore1 drone using Flight1, the new and improved autonomous flight app from Skycatch!
Trusted by construction industry leaders from Bechtel to AECOM, Flight1 automates aerial mapping from takeoff to landing. Customize your flight settings and your UAV will perfectly capture the images you need to get high-res maps and 3D models in minutes.
How it works:
- Select the area you want to map and the app automatically generates a flight plan with optimal waypoints, speed, and overlap for the requested altitude/resolution
- Flight direction control: change the direction/heading of flight path depending on wind, terrain, and obstacles
- Multi-flight missions: plan your entire flight once and if you need to replace your battery mid-flight just land, replace the battery, and tap ‘Resume’ to pick up right where you left off
- Mission plans are automatically saved so you can cover multiple sites and recurring data capture
- Watch live video feed from your drone flight right in the app (via DJI gimbal camera)
- Lighter, brighter interface is easier to see in bright sunlight
- Added custom overlap controls
- Expanded mission planning stats
- Cruise altitude to ingress/egress higher to avoid obstacles
- Both imperial and metric units of measure
Capture your images with Flight1 and upload to upload.skycatch.com for automated cloud processing, or process in the field with the Skycatch Edge1 base station.
View and share your processed data via Edge1; or online in the Skycatch web viewer to markup, measure, and overlay CAD plans, or download processed files to use with specialized software like Autodesk and ArcGIS.
- Added toggle for DJI local data mode
- Added audio tones when important alerts are displayed
- Improved UI experience for iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- Fixed bugs to improve stability and reliability
Ratings and Reviews
Great improvement 👍
FYI: Only available for the Skycatch drone right now, but a HUGE improvement over the last app. I was in early access for the last one and this one. It looks great and is very straightforward and easy to use, planning a mission is a breeze. This new app also has more functionality: they added a lot of features they didn’t have before, like front and side overlap adjustments and the ability to import/export mission files. Support tells me DJI drone support is coming, can’t wait to fly with my P4P.
Simple, easy to use
Didn’t take me very long to figure out how to plan a flight on the map, easier than others that I’ve tried. It has a lot of options for your flight, you can control the direction and the altitude. Looking forward to seeing more options in the future like sharing flight plans.
Heads up! It only works for the Skycatch drone, can’t wait until they add DJI drones
Love the updates they've made in this new version of Skycatch flight app. Now you can always see your flight stats no matter how many times you change your mission configurations (used to only be able to see the first time in previous version). Interface is also more robust and even easier to use.
- Skycatch, Inc.
- 123.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Skycatch Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.