Free, live flight tracker and flight status from FlightAware for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch!
This app allows you to track the real-time flight status and tracking map of any commercial flight worldwide. It can also track general aviation (private, charter, etc) in the United States and Canada.
Search by aircraft registration, route, airline, flight number, city pair, or airport code. Tracking data includes complete flight details and full-screen maps with NEXRAD radar overlay.
Push notifications for flight departure/arrival info as well as cancellations, gate changes, delays, and diversions.
Subscription Product Options
Ad Remove - Removes all advertisements from app
Ad Remove is available for $0.99/month or $5.99/year. Prices are in US dollars, may vary in countries other than the US and are subject to change without notice.
Subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase. Subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when a subscription is purchased.
This is a hot fix version for version 5.6.10
- We fixed a problem where users upgrading from an older version could experience a black screen with no planes.
- We fixed a problem where creating an alert from the MyFlightAware section of the app could take longer than expected when the user has a large number of saved aircraft.
In version 5.6.8-5.6.10 the following was new:
- We updated the MyFlightAware sync process which was crashing for some users at startup.
- We improved matching of search text to results table results when using the Search button.
- We updated the app onboarding sequence to ensure nearby flights are loaded on map at startup.
- We fixed a problem with reading account settings when your selected time zone was UTC/GMT/Zulu on FlightAware.com
- We reenabled smoothing of flight tracklines in single flight views.
- We fixed a problem with tracking tail numbers with hyphens when using omnisearch and the blue search button.
- We fixed a problem where the flights on the flight boards may appear out of order depending on the timezone of the flight, phone, and other flights.
- We fixed a problem where the version checker would nag if you were on a beta version.
- We improved the load time of the settings menu.
- We updated the walkthrough to reflect changes to the way that alerts are created.
- We updated omnisearch to show better search results when searching for an airport code.
- We updated the error messaging to be more clear when trying to create an alert without first having verified the user account.
- We fixed a bug where scheduled times could show instead of estimated times when long delays were involved.
- We fixed a bug where the alert indicator would show for flights in the future when an alert had only been configured for a single day.
Ratings and Reviews
won’t set up notifications
UPDATE: I waited a bit and before I deleted the app, I tried it one more time - the issue seems to have been fixed and the app is working as advertised. I actually got responses from the developer regarding this, which I found impressive and surprising. Changing my rating from one star to 5.
PREVIOUS REVIEW: app worked fine for awhile, but suddenly, it will not allow me to set up notifications for flights. When I try to set a notification for a flight, I get a message that “email to friends for single day only” (or something similar). I don’t have emails to friends set up in my settings, so the error message makes no sense to me. I have settings to just email to me to track flights I want to meet. I tried turning off even emails to me to reset to “send to my device”, but I still get the error message.
Flight Tracker is a much more reliable app, and it has become my go-to app for tracking flights I need to meet. This one just doesn’t work anymore.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for letting us know about the issue you found. We're working to address it and there should be a fix in the next few days. Sorry for the inconvenience.
***Update: This has been fixed as of yesterday afternoon (5/23). Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
Slooooooow...what’s going on??
Update: The app is still awesome but the display is experiencing major latency with refreshing the map. I ran a speed test and I’m currently getting 300 down/30 up (mbps) so it’s not speed and a forced reset of iPad didn’t fix the issue either. Updating to the new release of FlightAware was a no go as well. There’s always the website of course, but this is rather convenient. I’ll try again later and will update if my results are different.
I've used the desktop FlightAware probably since its inception and the iOS version for many years. At times the app was ignored and under-developed, but the recent binge of updates have made it cutting edge once again.
Every one of the flight tracking apps offers something just a bit different so YMMV according to your needs...FlightAware offers something for both the frequent traveler and the aviation aficionado so I highly recommend it. It also offers a very cheap option to remove annoying ads which I always take advantage of when offered.
Last update needs bug fixing
I’ve been using FlightAware for a long time and think highly of it. It would merit probably 4 stars if not for a few bugs that I think showed up since the last update of either FlightAware or iOS. One thing is I don’t have a settings icon top right. If I click that area my settings will show up but the icon itself is missing. Clicking the layers icon most of the time shows up a white square in the bottom with a few checkmarks but no accompanying text and no way to close the layers options - the icons dealing with that are hidden like the settings icon. This happens with the light theme on both my iPhone 8 and iPad Pro 9.7” running the latest iOS. With the dark theme everything works as it should.
Edit: thanks to the swift response back to 4 stars!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. We fixed the issues you reported with the light theme in the next release of the app which is currently waiting for approval. Should be a matter of days. Again, thanks for the feedback and detail of the problem you were having. In the future, feel free to submit bugs through the 'Email Support' button in the Settings screen so we can knock them out. ***Update: the update went out yesterday. Please install and you should be good.
- 210.9 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 FlightAware
- In-App Purchases
- Ad Remove - 1 Year $5.99
- Ad Remove - 1 Month $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.