Free, live flight tracker and flight status from FlightAware for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch!
This app allows you to track the real-time flight status and tracking map of any commercial flight worldwide. It can also track general aviation (private, charter, etc) in the United States and Canada.
Search by aircraft registration, route, airline, flight number, city pair, or airport code. Tracking data includes complete flight details and full-screen maps with NEXRAD radar overlay.
Push notifications for flight departure/arrival info as well as cancellations, gate changes, delays, and diversions.
Subscription Product Options
Ad Remove - Removes all advertisements from app
Ad Remove is available for $0.99/month or $5.99/year. Prices are in US dollars, may vary in countries other than the US and are subject to change without notice.
Subscriptions will be charged to your iTunes Account upon confirmation of purchase. Subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Manage your subscriptions in Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when a subscription is purchased.
- We fixed a problem where we weren't showing the filed speed on the flight details page in some cases.
- We fixed a problem with the flight duration if the flight was delayed.
- We fixed a problem with some items throughout the app not responding to a theme change.
- We updated the settings menu to make it easier to access the items within.
- We fixed a problem that would not search the entire, entered search string if you tapped the search button quickly.
- We fixed a problem where the track for a flight was disconnected from its plane in some instances.
- We fixed a problem where the nearby map would bounce back and forth between the user's current location and the selected airport when going from airport to airport.
- We fixed a problem with the display of departing and arriving aircraft for a selected airport when navigating through multiple flights.
- We added a plane icon to the alert row on the landing page for GA aircraft so that users can view the best flight available by tapping on it.
- We fixed a problem where the nearby map would lose its focus when returning from the delays screen.
Ratings and Reviews
won’t set up notifications
UPDATE: I waited a bit and before I deleted the app, I tried it one more time - the issue seems to have been fixed and the app is working as advertised. I actually got responses from the developer regarding this, which I found impressive and surprising. Changing my rating from one star to 5.
PREVIOUS REVIEW: app worked fine for awhile, but suddenly, it will not allow me to set up notifications for flights. When I try to set a notification for a flight, I get a message that “email to friends for single day only” (or something similar). I don’t have emails to friends set up in my settings, so the error message makes no sense to me. I have settings to just email to me to track flights I want to meet. I tried turning off even emails to me to reset to “send to my device”, but I still get the error message.
Flight Tracker is a much more reliable app, and it has become my go-to app for tracking flights I need to meet. This one just doesn’t work anymore.
Thanks for letting us know about the issue you found. We're working to address it and there should be a fix in the next few days. Sorry for the inconvenience.
***Update: This has been fixed as of yesterday afternoon (5/23). Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
Heavy issues for login multiple devices
When I am logged into my iPhone App, I am unable to log into my iPad, and viceversa. If I keep logged in my iPad and do not bring it always with me, I won’t be able to check on my iPhone the flight status due to login error. Instead of saying “You are logged in on a different device”, it says “Error - Login or password incorrect. Please try to log in again” (misleading information, the login and the password are correct, but the app doesn’t allow it). The other device has to be off, logged out or sleeping in the background. Shouldn’t happen that way; even with a bank account you can log in on separate devices at the same time.
The App doesn’t give you an option for adding a mobile phone number in order to receive SMS about flight information. Might be a useful and important feature to have.
However, I am using this App for years already and it is coming handy when flying or waiting for a traveler.
It will get my 5 stars when the above glitches are fixed.
Slooooooow...what’s going on??
Update: The app is still awesome but the display is experiencing major latency with refreshing the map. I ran a speed test and I’m currently getting 300 down/30 up (mbps) so it’s not speed and a forced reset of iPad didn’t fix the issue either. Updating to the new release of FlightAware was a no go as well. There’s always the website of course, but this is rather convenient. I’ll try again later and will update if my results are different.
I've used the desktop FlightAware probably since its inception and the iOS version for many years. At times the app was ignored and under-developed, but the recent binge of updates have made it cutting edge once again.
Every one of the flight tracking apps offers something just a bit different so YMMV according to your needs...FlightAware offers something for both the frequent traveler and the aviation aficionado so I highly recommend it. It also offers a very cheap option to remove annoying ads which I always take advantage of when offered.
- 210.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 FlightAware
- In-App Purchases
- Ad Remove - 1 Year $5.99
- Ad Remove - 1 Month $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.