FlightAware Flight Tracker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Free, live flight tracker and flight status from FlightAware for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch!
This app allows you to track the real-time flight status and tracking map of any commercial flight worldwide. It can also track general aviation (private, charter, etc) in the United States and Canada.
Search by aircraft registration, route, airline, flight number, city pair, or airport code. Tracking data includes complete flight details and full-screen maps with NEXRAD radar overlay.
Push notifications for flight departure/arrival info as well as cancellations, gate changes, delays, and diversions.
What's New in Version 5.3
*ATTENTION* If you are having trouble loading flights with this new version, please try this: Go to Home screen and tap the Settings icon. Tap “Accessibility”, then “Increase Contrast”, then disable “Reduce Transparency”
- Nearby airports are now displayed on the map:
- When selecting an airport additional information is displayed in an annotation.
- Arriving and departing flights for the selected airport become color-coded.
- We have refined the way flight search results are displayed:
- Current and scheduled flights are shown by default along with a button to navigate to flight history.
- If only historical flights are available thy are displayed instead.
- We have updated how filtering works when viewing search results:
- We now use iOS’s filter icon and include an instructional prompt.
- Filtering is now a modal feature that is enabled by tapping the filter icon in navigation bar.
- We have updated the notification creation workflow to increase usability:
- The creation/editing process has been streamlined.
- The visual design has been refined.
- The instructions have been updated to be more user-friendly.
- When creating a notification only valid flights are displayed in the search results, i.e. - no historical flights.
- We also now provide the ability to search for a flight on a specific day in the future.
- In prior releases were only using color to indicate that an en route flight was delayed. We now also include that information in the status message.
- We made tweaks to the visual design and layouts of several views.
- We squashed several bugs.
Good Info, Bad Interface
Nov '16 - Dudes, what's going on w nearby flights in this update? I list nearby flights, choose a flight to see on map, come back to list which has now increased in size and the nearest listed flight (<100) is somewhere over Canada en route to Europe, IOW, not even close!
Reliable data, but the interface is poorly laid out, non-intuitive and color scheme makes UI worse. Interface designed by rookies with no real-world experience, it seems. C'mon Flight Aware, you're better than this! Been using this app almost 3 yrs and latest version is still hard to use.
The App is BROKEN!!
This latest update is virtually worthless. Current flight and next scheduled show OK but the "spinner" never stops indicating data is trying to load but does not using the latest iOS on an iPad IpAir2. Can no get flight history to load and the current flight data drops when the flight arrives. The screen colors for any data that does display is dim and washed-out. The flight tracking map display refreshes with previous flights deleted and they reappear on the next refresh. You had a great App and totally trashed it!!
Horrible, pitiful, just unbelievably bad
The app opens with the entire world in front of you and what seems like a million flights going every which way. It is a major battle to get the thing to focus on your nearby area, and when you get there the screen is cluttered with the closest hundred or so airports, all in bold yellow caps, plus a jumble of unintelligible flights.
This app just keeps getting worse. And when you think they have reached the all-time rock bottom, it get worse again! How do they do it?
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Dec 01, 2016
- Version: 5.3
- Size: 50.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: FlightAware
- © 2016 FlightAware
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad Removal$2.99