FlightLink is the free, proprietary app that adds enhanced functionality to all Lightspeed headsets.
Flightlink works seamlessly with all new Lightspeed headsets to record and playback incoming and outgoing communications. When combined with the Zulu PFX ANR headset, Flightlink's enhanced capabilities include recording via Bluetooth and the ability to set a variety of personal audio and operational preferences.
FlightLink Recording Features
FlightLink is perfect for any pilot flying with an iPad or iPhone that wants to capture and retrieve in-flight communication. It is also a valuable tool for flight training at all levels because of its ability to capture the intercom communication of instructional flights.
• Record all activity over the intercom, including inbound and outbound transmissions, as well as in-cabin conversation.
• Instantly play back ATC calls or other communication from any point within the last two minutes of recording
• Create a permanent archive of all flight communications for post-flight briefing and training
• Store your recording library on your iPhone, iPad, or iTunes account.
• Easily register your Lightspeed headset and receive timely notices of updates, special offers and invitations from Lightspeed
FlightLink Personal Preference Features
In addition to its recording features, FlightLink’s enhanced capabilities allow Zulu PFX headset users to adjust a variety of audio and operational settings, creating a personalized flying experience:
• Customize audio settings for different aircraft or users
• Fine tune audio response for maximum voice clarity and music fidelity
• The Voice Clarity™ option boosts frequencies common in human speech without impacting the quality of music from auxiliary devices.
• View remaining battery life with the battery level indicator
• Enable / disable audible low battery alert
• Choose Auto Shutoff™ delay intervals
• Save custom settings in up to three personal profiles
• Register your headset over the internet
FlightLink’s recording features are designed to work seamlessly with all new Lightspeed Aviation headsets. Older Zulu.2 and Sierra headsets may qualify for a factory-installed retrofit at a nominal fee. For more information on a retrofit contact Lightspeed Customer Care by phone 800.332.2421 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The ability to set and save other audio and operational preferences through FlightLink is only available on the Zulu PFX headset.
• Support for iOS 9
• Bug fixes
• Supports new Tango headset
Ratings and Reviews
Bare minimum app
It’s a bare minimum app. Worst part is when you play back later, there is no graph what so ever for you to know what part has audio to listen to, only a play, pause and slider. They provide the visual graph for live recording and playback, but not post playback. The Sennheiser app (iFlightPlanner) for their Bluetooth headset has a more robust and easier to understand record and playback interface. It has auto pause to remove the dead air, the ability to jump back 15 seconds with a single tap, the ability to rename recordings, etc. ANR is not quite as good, but I just might switch back to Sennheiser for the recording feature.
New iOS? No need to reinstall...
I am not that good at understand ATC yet, they talk too quick, but this app lets me record, recall, and download all comms from my lessons. Love it!! One problem, I recently got a new phone with the new iOS and I got a black screen. No worries though, all I had to do is double tap home and hard close the app and re-open. Works like a champ now. No need to delete and reinstall.
Blank black screen follows shortly after app opens.
I have an iPhone 7 running iOS 10.3.1 and this app barely, boarding on not at all, functions. I have to uninstall and install it again in order to get the app to load, only to end up back at the same problem. The problem is the screen blanks out with no way of recovering. The app will open and ask a few questions and then eventually go to a blank black screen and from there I'm stuck. So far this has been a useless feature of the headset.
- Lightspeed Aviation
- 24.5 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Lightspeed Aviation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.