By Lightspeed Aviation
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
FlightLink is the free, proprietary app that adds enhanced functionality to all Lightspeed headsets.
Flightlink works seamlessly with all new Lightspeed headsets to record and playback incoming and outgoing communications. When combined with the Zulu PFX ANR headset, Flightlink's enhanced capabilities include recording via Bluetooth and the ability to set a variety of personal audio and operational preferences.
FlightLink Recording Features
FlightLink is perfect for any pilot flying with an iPad or iPhone that wants to capture and retrieve in-flight communication. It is also a valuable tool for flight training at all levels because of its ability to capture the intercom communication of instructional flights.
• Record all activity over the intercom, including inbound and outbound transmissions, as well as in-cabin conversation.
• Instantly play back ATC calls or other communication from any point within the last two minutes of recording
• Create a permanent archive of all flight communications for post-flight briefing and training
• Store your recording library on your iPhone, iPad, or iTunes account.
• Easily register your Lightspeed headset and receive timely notices of updates, special offers and invitations from Lightspeed
FlightLink Personal Preference Features
In addition to its recording features, FlightLink’s enhanced capabilities allow Zulu PFX headset users to adjust a variety of audio and operational settings, creating a personalized flying experience:
• Customize audio settings for different aircraft or users
• Fine tune audio response for maximum voice clarity and music fidelity
• The Voice Clarity™ option boosts frequencies common in human speech without impacting the quality of music from auxiliary devices.
• View remaining battery life with the battery level indicator
• Enable / disable audible low battery alert
• Choose Auto Shutoff™ delay intervals
• Save custom settings in up to three personal profiles
• Register your headset over the internet
FlightLink’s recording features are designed to work seamlessly with all new Lightspeed Aviation headsets. Older Zulu.2 and Sierra headsets may qualify for a factory-installed retrofit at a nominal fee. For more information on a retrofit contact Lightspeed Customer Care by phone 800.332.2421 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. The ability to set and save other audio and operational preferences through FlightLink is only available on the Zulu PFX headset.
What's New in Version 2.3
• Support for iOS 9
• Bug fixes
• Supports new Tango headset
Blank black screen follows shortly after app opens.
I have an iPhone 7 running iOS 10.3.1 and this app barely, boarding on not at all, functions. I have to uninstall and install it again in order to get the app to load, only to end up back at the same problem. The problem is the screen blanks out with no way of recovering. The app will open and ask a few questions and then eventually go to a blank black screen and from there I'm stuck. So far this has been a useless feature of the headset.
Exact same as other reviewer. Installed it and then had to uninstall and try again. Goes through to set up screens and then to dark black screen with no way out. Function at this point is worthless. It doesn't function at all.
$1,050 black screen >:-(
Just got a new Zulu PFX, mainly for the promised features of this app. Same as the others - I got through pairing and registration and it went black. Not happy.