By Flightradar24 AB
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is the FREE version of the world’s most popular flight-tracking app.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into an air traffic radar and see planes around the world move in real-time on a detailed map. Or point your device at a plane in the sky to identify it. Discover today why Flightradar24 has already been downloaded by millions.
Flightradar24 Free lets you
* Identify planes flying overhead by simply pointing your device at the sky with Augmented reality view
* See planes move in real-time around the world
* Get flight number and callsign info for individual aircraft
* Search for flights
* See images for most aircraft
The paid version, Flightradar24 - Flight Tracker, has been the #1 app overall in 100+ countries and the #1 Travel app in 140+ countries (including United States, France, United Kingdom, and Germany). Buy the paid version to:
* Experience what the pilot of a an aircraft sees in real-time and in 3D (requires iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPod Touch 5th gen., and above + iOS 6.0 or higher)
* Tap on a plane for comprehensive flight and aircraft information such as route, estimated time of arrival, actual time of departure, aircraft type, speed, altitude, and high-resolution picture
* Easy to search for individual flights using flight number, airport, or airline
* Easy to filter by airline, aircraft, altitude, speed, and more
* Easy to set bookmarks to enable quick navigation to areas of interest
* Get a banner free app experience
* Turn the device into the arrivals and departures board of any major airport and get real-time status updates for flights plus current airport weather conditions (in-app purchase)
* Realistic aircraft symbols (in-app purchase)
* Set up custom alerts based on airline, aircraft type, flight number or registration (in-app purchase)
HOW IT WORKS
Most aircraft today are equipped with so called ADS-B transponders that transmit positional data. Flightradar 24 has a rapidly growing network of several thousand ground stations around the world to receive this data that then shows up as aircraft moving on a map in the app. In an expanding number of regions Flightradar24, with the help of multilateration, is able to calculate the positions of aircraft that don’t have ADS-B transponders. Traditional radar data is also used in the app thanks to a direct feed from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This data provides near real-time coverage of all US and Canadian airspace.
Visit http://www.flightradar24.com for more information.
Please note that coverage will vary.
CONNECT WITH FLIGHTRADAR24
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for the latest on Flightradar24.
HELP & SUPPORT
Please visit the Flightradar24 forum for help and support.
The use of this app is strictly limited to entertainment purposes. This specifically excludes activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others. Under no circumstances will the developer of this app be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement. We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity inside of app.
What's New in Version 6.2.1
don't wait to try it
because you won't get the plane in vr unless you plan ahead.
there was a plane. ok let's try. oh it have to allow access to the camera. ok. back to the app, and I get a full page ad. the plane is gone. ok I'll turn around. I get around ten planes now, all overlapped, nothing to indicate far and near. ok back to the map. full page ad. good for them, gotta make some money. I think the plane that passed is one of those plane icons.
I think I might delete this after I get to see a plane in vr.
I wonder if Ukraine rebels use this app?
Useless. Random Video Ads block everything
USELESS. Okay I get it you want me to buy the "full version". But this app makes money off of ads,which is fine. A new ad pops up every time you want to do anything and every ten seconds otherwise. Oh, and it's a video ad so you won't escape in time to actually view the flight you'd like to. I can't use the free app enough to possibly get an idea how well the full version would work. Don't get suckered. There are other apps that don't interfere every ten seconds with annoying B-quality video ads. No dice and no $$ from me. Uninstalling.
Freq. Loud, Full-Screen Ads Are Deal-Killer
There is an ad on every screen, and as if that isn't enough, already:
Every third touch, a full-screen ad with loud auto-play video will take over and not allow you to go back to the app. There is no way to stop or silence those ads, either!
That kind of obnoxious override of this app, is a deal-killer, as far as I'm concerned. No way I'm going to buy any upgrades and reward such a gross lack of consideration!
This app is Spamware! Nothing more than an ad delivery system.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Feb 07, 2015
- Version: 6.2.1
- Size: 47.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Flightradar24 AB
- © 2014 Flightradar24 AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.