By Flightradar24 AB
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is the FREE version of the world’s most popular flight-tracking app.
Turn your iPhone or iPad into an air traffic radar and see planes around the world move in real-time on a detailed map. Or point your device at a plane in the sky to identify it. Discover today why Flightradar24 has already been downloaded by millions.
Flightradar24 Free lets you
* Identify planes flying overhead by simply pointing your device at the sky with Augmented reality view
* See planes move in real-time around the world
* Get flight number and callsign info for individual aircraft
* Search for flights
* See images for most aircraft
The paid version, Flightradar24 - Flight Tracker, has been the #1 app overall in 120+ countries and the #1 Travel app in 140+ countries (including United States, France, United Kingdom, and Germany). Buy the paid version to:
* Experience what the pilot of a an aircraft sees in real-time and in 3D (requires iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPod Touch 5th gen., and above + iOS 7.0 or higher)
* Tap on a plane for comprehensive flight and aircraft information such as route, estimated time of arrival, actual time of departure, aircraft type, speed, altitude, and high-resolution picture
* Easy to search for individual flights using flight number, airport, or airline
* Easy to filter by airline, aircraft, altitude, speed, and more
* Easy to set bookmarks to enable quick navigation to areas of interest
* Get a banner free app experience
* Turn the device into the arrivals and departures board of any major airport and get real-time status updates for flights plus current airport weather conditions (in-app purchase)
* Realistic aircraft symbols (in-app purchase)
* Set up custom alerts based on airline, aircraft type, flight number or registration (in-app purchase)
HOW IT WORKS
Most aircraft today are equipped with so called ADS-B transponders that transmit positional data. Flightradar 24 has a rapidly growing network of several thousand ground stations around the world to receive this data that then shows up as aircraft moving on a map in the app. In an expanding number of regions Flightradar24, with the help of multilateration, is able to calculate the positions of aircraft that don’t have ADS-B transponders. Traditional radar data is also used in the app thanks to a direct feed from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). This data provides near real-time coverage of all US and Canadian airspace.
Visit http://www.flightradar24.com for more information.
Please note that coverage will vary.
CONNECT WITH FLIGHTRADAR24
Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for the latest on Flightradar24.
HELP & SUPPORT
Please visit the Flightradar24 forum for help and support.
The use of this app is strictly limited to entertainment purposes. This specifically excludes activities that might endanger yourself or the lives of others. Under no circumstances will the developer of this app be held responsible for incidents resulting from the use of the data or its interpretation or its use contrary to this agreement. We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user's activity inside of app.
What's New in Version 6.6.0
In this release we made it easier to find the flights you're looking for. You can now easily search for flights using new shortcuts for flights by airline and airports by country. You'll find these shortcuts in the search bar. We also added the ability to find nearby flights.
See the plane you're tracking. When tracking a flight, you'll now see a photo of the actual aircraft instead of a generic image of the aircraft.
Why the negative reviews?
This app does what it says it does, if you want more buy the full version or use the in-app purchase features...
I tried this app to see if I wanted to buy the full version and I most certainly intend to do so now that I have seen some of the functionality...
I think the augmented reality feature is very cool!
Free version does almost nothing except asking to buy the full one
While the practice of offering less functional app with the possibility to upgrade to full version is nothing new, this app is arguably the champion in this - free version offers practically nothing at all. Even paid- for version still has ads, according to App Store. Even web browser version allows much more.
I think they make this free version purposefully awful so that you will pay to upgrade. It's very frustrating to use and even if you put in a valid flight number, it does not come up. I am looking right at a flight on a different site so I know it's a valid number, and yet it shows up as unknown on flight radar 24. Just plain frustrating. Don't bother.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Dec 17, 2015
- Version: 6.6.0
- Size: 40.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Flightradar24 AB
- © 2014 Flightradar24 AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.