Flip Clock - Beautiful Weather Clock for iPad
By Lifelike Apps, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate desk clock and alarm clock app in one. This is the award winning, ad-free version which lets you select your own photos to create your own personal slideshow! View the demo video at http://vimeo.com/24503397
The background slideshow shows gorgeous images (from Flickr) corresponding to your current weather and/or part of the day. Wake up to breathtaking sunrise photos. Snowing outside? Beautiful snow photos will be displayed.
And with advanced alarm clock feature such iPod music alarms and weekday repeat options you can use it as your everyday alarm clock too. It even offers the unique feature of letting you automatically share your mood and wake-up song on Facebook and Twitter when you wake-up to the alarm in the morning!
BEAUTIFUL BACKGROUND IMAGES:
- Includes hundreds of gorgeous weather related images including skies, landscapes, flowers, oceans expressing various weather conditions.
SMART ALARM CLOCK / DESK CLOCK FEATURES
- Unlimited, easy-to-set alarms
- Menu option that lets you override the iPad's auto-lock mode
- Several built-in alarm sounds (from funny, to gentle to just plain loud when you need that extra push!)
- Use one or multiple songs, podcasts, audiobooks in your iPod® music library as an alarm
- Repeat alarms on specific week days
- Big snooze buttons for those times when it's hard to aim
THE FIRST SOCIAL CLOCK!
- The very first alarm clock that can automatically share your wake-up mood and alarm music selection on Facebook and Twitter as soon as you stop the wake-up alarm!
- Bedside music player with full access to your iPod® music
- Shuffle your music
- Worldwide weather data from a leading meteorologist. No need for any other paid weather app to know what to wear today or whether to bring an umbrella.
- Automatic location detection: the app detects where you are and displays the weather accordingly
- Option to override the auto-location and enter your location manually by name or zip
- Memorize multiple weather locations so you can switch between them to check distant weather
- 5-day weather forecast with detailed morning, noon, evening and night info for the next 48h
- Worldwide weather and display in either Fahrenheit or Celsius.
Please let us know what features you'd like to see and we'll do our best to include them in future updates!
What's New in Version 1.6.3
This lets you turn the iPad into a travel alarm clock with easy to see numbers with options to make it a larger screen and even easier to see clock. If you use it at night, it allows you dim the clock to a night time mode. Many wake up features, my favorite is the wind chime with a volume setting for the alarm that for the alarm function. Then wake up to what I feel is a subtle alarm mode. There are louder and more alarming sounds available so you you pick what works for you. When I wake, it shows me the current temp and forecast for today and about a week with ability to brake down the daily temp and weather for the current day. The price is reasonable and worth the money. Many option on this that I haven't even played around with yet. Love it!
Beautiful, useful app
Great alarm. App has a slideshow of beautiful pictures that tend to reflect time of day/weather. Pictures stay on when device is plugged in. Several choices on timing/transitions of slideshow. Weather and time display can be resized. (Of course you do need internet connection for weather.) 2 alarms--each has a backup. You can choose nature sounds or iTunes songs. One relatively small complaint: I wish it were easier to select songs/playlists for the alarm. You can't just pick a genre or playlist. Each song must be selected individually. If you inadvertently add a song, you can't delete it. It's super easy to touch the wrong part of the screen while adding and then you have to start over. Otherwise beautiful smooth app.
I really like this app. The gentle sounds of the wind chimes along with the lively pictures are so soothing and relaxing. I connected my iPhone to a docking station and used the app all night last night for the first time. Very pleasant and I slept very well. I like the dimmer option as I prefer a very dark room when I sleep. I always wake before any alarm has a chance to go off so I never set one therefore I don't know how well the alarm works on this app but everything else seems to work just as promised.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 10, 2013
- Version: 1.6.3
- Size: 33.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Lifelike Apps, Inc
- © Lifelike Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.