Flipboard: Your Social News Magazine
By Flipboard Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flipboard is the award-winning social magazine used by millions of people everyday. It’s the one place to keep up on all your interests – reading, collecting and sharing stories you care about has never been easier.
Download the app and dig into your Cover Stories, a personalized selection of articles, news and videos from the top publishers, blogs and social media sites. Personalize and fine-tune your Flipboard as you go by liking and sharing the articles you love, muting the ones you don't, and even creating personal Flipboard Magazines on anything you’re passionate about.
Download Flipboard and get started today—it’s free!
WITH FLIPBOARD YOU CAN:
• Read stories from The New York Times, CNN, The Washington Post, The New Yorker, and many more top publications from around the world.
• Follow Twitter hashtags or handles right in your Flipboard to keep up on events and influencers.
• Collect stories around specific themes and save them into personalized collections—Flipboard Magazines—by simply tapping the '+' button at the bottom of any piece of content.
• Keep up with the news in The Daily Edition, a roundup of important stories hand-picked by our editorial team.
• Enjoy Flipboard in 24 local editions, including versions for Australia, Brazil, Turkey, India and China.
• Get notifications on your Apple Watch and find Flipboard stories in iOS 9 spotlight search.
KEEP UP ON FLIPBOARD
For product updates and the latest from our blog, including tips and interviews with actors, writers, musicians and more, follow us on:
For videos on how to use Flipboard, visit https://about.flipboard.com/tutorials/
If you are having technical issues or have any questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
What's New in Version 3.3.23
- Flipboard’s magazine editing tools come to the mobile app.
- Now you can pick images, re-order items and edit captions right from your phone or tablet.
Feedback is always welcome. Please message us inside the app under Settings, Help & Feedback, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues or suggestions. Thank you for using Flipboard.
Beautiful program for reading information from on-line. It’s in my top 5 most used iPad apps!!!!
It's very graphical and pretty on my retina iPad (kind of boring on my iPhone 6s). Generally works very smoothly. Could cache the data a little better / faster, I've got fast internet at home, but sometimes it's slow updating and if I just spent a while reading the last entry, seems like it could read ahead a little bit, it could make the experiences so much better...
BUT be careful if you have a cellular connection! FlipBoard (being so graphical and beautiful) is a HUGE a data hog (assuming you're viewing something graphical and not text) so if you're on a low data plan be careful. I used over 10% of my 250MB data plan in less than 5 minutes (I tested this again at the end of this month, just a few minutes and 50MB of data was gone!). This is NOT a flaw, it's just the way super graphical apps are, but it goes SO fast I wanted to point it out.
Because of the retina display it "shrinks" some graphics too small (like animated GIFs in Tumblr pages) and it's too hard to read. Needs some user adjustment on that (what size to shrink to retina proportions) and to size text. It shrinks things WAY too far on the iPad Pro.
It’s got a great search option that searches a variety of sources all at once.
I don't think it's as useful on the iPhone for browsing, maybe if you went to a specific section, but I'm still not sold on that yet...
The app is good but there are problems
The app is good but it could use some refinement in the way it gathers articles. The developers need to find a better way for readers to select and refine articles they do/do not want to read. In some cases, Flipboard will pull articles that are not of interest but when reader tries to indicate that they want 'less' of this kind of story, they key word is still of interest. For example, Flipboard will pull a sports story about Seattle but I may not care for sports. When I tell it want less of this this kind of story, Flipboard will say less about "Seattle" which no, that's not right.
Also, on smaller phone screens, when a reader goes into a story, some of the advertising is so ridiculous that you can't actually read the article. The ads fill up the top/bottom/middle of the story. AND there are video ads? Really? I'm not sure who is responsible the site or Flipboard but I'm started to get disgusted.
Still no landscape view for iPhone?
Another update and STILL no support for landscape view on the iPhone 6+? How many updates is it going to take before Flipboard recognizes users want this?
Even Apple added landscape support to their news app.
Also, some other issues:
1) You can only save one article at a time for offline reading. Who wants to manually go one at time time through every article to save them before getting on a plane or going somewhere with no internet access? The app should just cache all the articles and images for offline use natively like other news & reader apps do.
2) You cannot tap and hold on a photo to save photos in articles to the camera roll. They make you tap on 2-3 different buttons to get to be saved image option. Too slow.
3) There is no longer a built in option to save an article to the Safari reading list. Instead, they now make you open the article in Safari, or tap on the more apps icon first. These are extra steps that they didn't make you go through before. They are going backwards in efficiency.
4) Can't access more than one twitter account within the app.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 14, 2016
- Version: 3.3.23
- Size: 38.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Flipboard, Inc.
- © 2010-2016 Flipboard Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.