Flipboard: Your Social News Magazine
By Flipboard Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flipboard is your personal magazine, at your desk, in your back pocket or on your wrist. Filled with stories, photos and videos on any interest, it’s a single place to keep up with your world. And now, if you want just a few highlights, the top ten stories can be sent right to your Apple Watch. Scan a summary, save it to a Flipboard magazine or share it with a friend. Collecting and sharing stories you care about has never been easier.
Flipboard is your personal magazine. Used by millions of people everyday, it's a single place to follow topics that interest you and share stories, videos and photos with friends.
To start, pick a few topics, and Flipboard creates your personal magazine. You can always add more as you find new topics, magazines or interesting people to follow.
Read world class publications like The New York Times, PEOPLE magazine, Fast Company, and Vanity Fair on Flipboard -- find any source with the search bar. You can also connect Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to Flipboard and flip through pictures and posts from friends.
Save stories by using the + button on anything in Flipboard and collect it into your own magazine - an excellent way to package articles around your passions. You can see all your magazines in your Flipboard Profile. For more on how to make your own magazine, visit www.flipboard.com.
Download Flipboard and get started today—it’s free!
KEEP UP ON FLIPBOARD:
For tips and other helpful information visit our website www.about.flipboard.com and follow us via @flipboard on Twitter or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/flipboard.
To learn more about how to use Flipboard, visit our Support Page https://about.flipboard.com/help-center/
If you are having technical issues or have any questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
Plus more great features:
• Collect stories you love into your own magazine. Tap the “+” button on any story, select ‘create a magazine’ and collect favorite stories, images or videos.
• Manage all your magazines in a convenient dashboard at https://editor.flipboard.com/
• Read The Daily Edition to quickly check the news you need for your day, with stories hand-picked by our editorial staff.
• Go to your Flipboard to check what’s happening now. Use the home button on iPhone (or Cover Stories on iPad) to see highlights across everything you’re following.
• Enjoy Flipboard in 24 localized editions—for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, U.S., U.K., U.S. Latino.
• On iPad, explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide (tap the red ribbon at the top), including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other interests.
• Add content from the web to your Flipboard magazines through the bookmarklet at share.flipboard.com.
What's New in Version 3.3.15
- Visual improvements to flipping articles into your magazines
- Improved “More Stories” module after articles to include publisher names
Feedback is always welcome. Please message us inside the app under Settings, Help & Feedback, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues or suggestions. Thank you for using Flipboard.
My Favorite News App, perfect for teachers!
I LOVE Flipboard. They provide a broad spectrum of news stories to ensure I get multiple, competing perspectives on current events. I can't stress enough how important this facet of Flipboard is. As a high school History teacher, I strive always to challenge my students to seek multiple viewpoints, it really is necessary for one to be a critical consumer of news media.
I'm also a huge fan of the functionality for curating your own "magazines." I used this to bookmark articles for personal reference and use in my classes. Life without Flipboard would be far less informed for me.
I can't understand why other reviewers complain about not having a landscape view—in my opinion that would be unwieldy for anything smaller than an iPad.
It's not perfect but...
This site is not perfect, however, it has one of the most far reaching and in-depth consortium of content available. It's hard to be critical of a site that does so much to bring such vast content to a single application. Yes… I don't like some of the ads in the way that they are structured, however, I know that it's a means of them keeping the site free.
What I'd like to see is an option to purchase an ad free environment. It's easily worth the subscription price of a couple of dollars a month or a greater one-time annual fee.
Keep up the great work and please consider the read option as the ads are getting a bit frustrating.
Zite was better
This app has/had potential but is pretty seriously flawed. Full of ads, links to articles you've got to view in Safari to read anyway, you're still subject to the popups and aggressive advertising the articles host without any benefit of a filter or add blocker and finally, most fatally, an algorithm that is just.. off. I entered my list of interests when starting with the app and made the mistake of clicking on an article about the purchase of the Wu Tang Clan album for 2 million. From this point forward, my feed was inundated with hip hop news, album releases, studio status, minor tiffs on Twitter between hip hop stars, ad infinitum . No matter what I tried to tell the app I didn't want to read about hip hop, it found other stuff to throw at me. Couldn't take it anymore today and deleted it. Tried to make it work but this app is garbage.
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 11, 2016
- Version: 3.3.15
- Size: 37.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Flipboard, Inc.
- © 2010-2015 Flipboard Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.