Flipboard: Your Social News Magazine
By Flipboard Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flipboard is your personal magazine, at your desk, in your back pocket or on your wrist. Filled with stories, photos and videos on any interest, it’s a single place to keep up with your world. And now, if you want just a few highlights, the top ten stories can be sent right to your Apple Watch. Scan a summary, save it to a Flipboard magazine or share it with a friend. Collecting and sharing stories you care about has never been easier.
Flipboard is your personal magazine. Used by millions of people everyday, it's a single place to follow topics that interest you and share stories, videos and photos with friends.
To start, pick a few topics, and Flipboard creates your personal magazine. You can always add more as you find new topics, magazines or interesting people to follow.
Read world class publications like The New York Times, PEOPLE magazine, Fast Company, and Vanity Fair on Flipboard -- find any source with the search bar. You can also connect Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to Flipboard and flip through pictures and posts from friends.
Save stories by using the + button on anything in Flipboard and collect it into your own magazine - an excellent way to package articles around your passions. You can see all your magazines in your Flipboard Profile. For more on how to make your own magazine, visit www.flipboard.com.
Download Flipboard and get started today—it’s free!
KEEP UP ON FLIPBOARD:
For tips and other helpful information visit our website www.about.flipboard.com and follow us via @flipboard on Twitter or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/flipboard.
To learn more about how to use Flipboard, visit our Support Page https://about.flipboard.com/help-center/
If you are having technical issues or have any questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
Plus more great features:
• Collect stories you love into your own magazine. Tap the “+” button on any story, select ‘create a magazine’ and collect favorite stories, images or videos.
• Manage all your magazines in a convenient dashboard at https://editor.flipboard.com/
• Read The Daily Edition to quickly check the news you need for your day, with stories hand-picked by our editorial staff.
• Go to your Flipboard to check what’s happening now. Use the home button on iPhone (or Cover Stories on iPad) to see highlights across everything you’re following.
• Enjoy Flipboard in 24 localized editions—for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, U.S., U.K., U.S. Latino.
• On iPad, explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide (tap the red ribbon at the top), including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other interests.
• Add content from the web to your Flipboard magazines through the bookmarklet at share.flipboard.com.
What's New in Version 3.3.3
- By popular request, your “Likes” are saved and accessible in your profile tab. It's a great, new way to share your interests, and bookmark your favorite stories for later.
- Improvements including better search relevance, a more robust privacy section, a new look for the compose feature, as well as many bug fixes.
Good app with one drawback
I’ve been using Flipboard since it was released and it is a good app. The one drawback which has me looking for an alternative is that Flipboard does not automatically download the latest posting from feeds I subscribe to. Sometimes it is 24-48 hrs. Support said it is normal and they look for new posts based on how often new posts are made on each site. This does not work for me because I have sites where I need the information as soon as it is released. For this reason I have to subscribe individually to certain sites. Hopefully they will see this as a drawback and make the updates immediate. If not then I will eventually switch to something else.
Flipboard _was_ number one.
Now? I get frustrated every time I use it. Reasons listed below. By the way: Most of the problems (below) weren't problems a few years ago. Most Flipboard upgrades have ruined this app.
-Forced ads within articles are frustrating and ruin the flow. No paid option.
-Can't view the time/battery/signal info while reading an article anymore. No option to enable this.
-Twitter posts are truncated way before they hit 140 characters. The tweet isn't visible in the article.
-Many news articles open as "pictures" with no text, and pictures open as articles. Can't access the web view. I have complained about this for a few years, and not a word (or fix) from FB staff.
-The 'reader' view for content is always truncated after about two paragraphs. So much for flow. I have to open the web page and find my place again. Constantly.
-I can't export my feeds.
-I can't copy most links by tap+hold. This isn't true on the source web page, so it's Flipboard.
-Saving most images to my camera roll is impossible.
Once we get Apple News, I'm flushing Flipboard for good. Such a shame, too- it was the best. Not anymore.
Love this app on my iPhone, use it daily but one thing that bothers me is that if I go away from the app(hit the home button) and go to another app and then come back to it let's say 5-10mins later, it refreshes the feed and starts me back up at the 1st page instead of where I left off such as in the article that I was reading and/or still flipping through different articles. If a solution can be created for this minute problem, that would be great. Thank you
- Category: News
- Updated: Jul 23, 2015
- Version: 3.3.3
- Size: 26.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Flipboard, Inc.
- © 2010-2015 Flipboard Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.