Flipboard: Your Social News Magazine
By Flipboard Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flipboard is your personal magazine, at your desk, in your back pocket or on your wrist. Filled with stories, photos and videos on any interest, it’s a single place to keep up with your world. And now, if you want just a few highlights, the top ten stories can be sent right to your Apple Watch. Scan a summary, save it to a Flipboard magazine or share it with a friend. Collecting and sharing stories you care about has never been easier.
Flipboard is your personal magazine. Used by millions of people everyday, it's a single place to follow topics that interest you and share stories, videos and photos with friends.
To start, pick a few topics, and Flipboard creates your personal magazine. You can always add more as you find new topics, magazines or interesting people to follow.
Read world class publications like The New York Times, PEOPLE magazine, Fast Company, and Vanity Fair on Flipboard -- find any source with the search bar. You can also connect Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to Flipboard and flip through pictures and posts from friends.
Save stories by using the + button on anything in Flipboard and collect it into your own magazine - an excellent way to package articles around your passions. You can see all your magazines in your Flipboard Profile. For more on how to make your own magazine, visit www.flipboard.com.
Download Flipboard and get started today—it’s free!
KEEP UP ON FLIPBOARD:
For tips and other helpful information visit our website www.about.flipboard.com and follow us via @flipboard on Twitter or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/flipboard.
To learn more about how to use Flipboard, visit our Support Page https://about.flipboard.com/help-center/
If you are having technical issues or have any questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
Plus more great features:
• Collect stories you love into your own magazine. Tap the “+” button on any story, select ‘create a magazine’ and collect favorite stories, images or videos.
• Manage all your magazines in a convenient dashboard at https://editor.flipboard.com/
• Read The Daily Edition to quickly check the news you need for your day, with stories hand-picked by our editorial staff.
• Go to your Flipboard to check what’s happening now. Use the home button on iPhone (or Cover Stories on iPad) to see highlights across everything you’re following.
• Enjoy Flipboard in 24 localized editions—for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, U.S., U.K., U.S. Latino.
• On iPad, explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide (tap the red ribbon at the top), including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other interests.
• Add content from the web to your Flipboard magazines through the bookmarklet at share.flipboard.com.
What's New in Version 3.3.14
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Feedback is always welcome. Please message us inside the app under Settings, Help & Feedback, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues or suggestions. Thank you for using Flipboard.
The App I Use More Than Any Other
Over the past few years, I've used Flipboard as my primary way to access and share news and articles about topics that interest me. I like the interface fat better than Apple news. Flipboard lets me follow and organize my sources of content. It also lets me create and organize my own, topical "magazines" that others can follow. I now maintain over 100 of these magazines and generate enough interest with these to have built an audience on Flipboard of more than 10,000 followers. I discover new, interesting things from the sources of content I follow, and I learn from those who follow my magazines and comment or repost that content. In this way Flipboard has become – for me – a wonderful tool for discovering, learning and sharing. It's great on an iPhone, an iPad or even on a computer. I highly recommend it.
Feature Rich, Can be Refined
Flipboard is certainly a feature rich news aggregator. I've been using it for a couple years, and have watched its evolution. The ability to create and curate magazines is very good. Further, the ability to restrict (mute) some sources is an easy and useful feature.
With the app's growing complexity comes a couple issues that are somewhat irritating and diminishes the user friendliness. Two come to mind.
1. There is inconsistency in the interface as you move from one "magazine" to another. Sometimes scrolling up is what is required to read an article. At other times a page slide over to the left or right is required. Yet at other times a page flip is required. There is no way to know which until you try it. Use the wrong one, and you may leave your article. I've written to them about this inconsistency, but I see no fix.
2. While ads are necessary for generating revenue, some of the ads in the application's browser overwhelm, often blocking content, and preventing the reader from moving forward. This frustrates the user experience , and often leads me to leave the app altogether, opting to read in my regular browser, or go on to another application.
There is room for improvement. Yet, there aren't many news apps that are as powerful and robust.
I have tried a number of news apps, and finally found a winner. What I like best is the ability to choose your interests, and then also choose which interests you want to read about NOW. The tile approach allows me to read all headline news in the morning - or not. I can skip it all, and read about the universe, new software for my Mac, or browse photos of the day - without having a bunch of stories about things I'm not interested about at the moment mixed in. You can also page back a few days if you started an article but didn't finish, or saw an advertisement you are interested in, but didn't' act on. I love it. My search for MY perfect news app is over. Your mileage may vary.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 16, 2016
- Version: 3.3.14
- Size: 35.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Flipboard, Inc.
- © 2010-2015 Flipboard Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.