Flipboard: Your Social News Magazine
By Flipboard Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Flipboard is your personal magazine, at your desk, in your back pocket or on your wrist. Filled with stories, photos and videos on any interest, it’s a single place to keep up with your world. And now, if you want just a few highlights, the top ten stories can be sent right to your Apple Watch. Scan a summary, save it to a Flipboard magazine or share it with a friend. Collecting and sharing stories you care about has never been easier.
Flipboard is your personal magazine. Used by millions of people everyday, it's a single place to follow topics that interest you and share stories, videos and photos with friends.
To start, pick a few topics, and Flipboard creates your personal magazine. You can always add more as you find new topics, magazines or interesting people to follow.
Read world class publications like The New York Times, PEOPLE magazine, Fast Company, and Vanity Fair on Flipboard -- find any source with the search bar. You can also connect Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn to Flipboard and flip through pictures and posts from friends.
Save stories by using the + button on anything in Flipboard and collect it into your own magazine - an excellent way to package articles around your passions. You can see all your magazines in your Flipboard Profile. For more on how to make your own magazine, visit www.flipboard.com.
Download Flipboard and get started today—it’s free!
KEEP UP ON FLIPBOARD:
For tips and other helpful information visit our website www.about.flipboard.com and follow us via @flipboard on Twitter or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/flipboard.
To learn more about how to use Flipboard, visit our Support Page https://about.flipboard.com/help-center/
If you are having technical issues or have any questions, contact us at http://flip.it/support.
Plus more great features:
• Collect stories you love into your own magazine. Tap the “+” button on any story, select ‘create a magazine’ and collect favorite stories, images or videos.
• Manage all your magazines in a convenient dashboard at https://editor.flipboard.com/
• Read The Daily Edition to quickly check the news you need for your day, with stories hand-picked by our editorial staff.
• Go to your Flipboard to check what’s happening now. Use the home button on iPhone (or Cover Stories on iPad) to see highlights across everything you’re following.
• Enjoy Flipboard in 24 localized editions—for Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Latin America, Malaysia, Netherlands, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Turkey, U.S., U.K., U.S. Latino.
• On iPad, explore hundreds of staff picks in the Content Guide (tap the red ribbon at the top), including must-read magazines and blogs, gorgeous photography and special curated sections devoted to the news of the day and other interests.
• Add content from the web to your Flipboard magazines through the bookmarklet at share.flipboard.com.
What's New in Version 3.3.6
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Feedback is always welcome. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues or suggestions. Thank you for using Flipboard.
Not Saving my place is a stopper
I like the way I can subscribe to tags. It appears to be working great. I am getting to articles that I do not normally see.
However, sharing in FB is crap. The interface will not let me post to a group. It doesn't help that the source url is masked by the app. To share the good stuff, I have to search in a browser for the story, copy and paste in FB.
But the real show stopper for me and why I am no longer using it is this: the app will not save my place. It returns me to the top making me scroll through the articles I have already seen. I know that once the feeds are drawn from live articles, I will be taken to the latest at start up, but it has been almost 24 hours and the story on top is the same.
Maybe saving my place, indicating there are new articles, and giving me the option to go to the newest when I click it.
That and fix sharing in FB or at least expose the url so I can copy it directly...
Great promise, too many little things.
I don't really like Flipboard
The only reason I am leaving this review is because Zite is closing down and I am being forced to use Flipboard now.
The skeuomorphic page turning that seemed so revolutionary when it came out turns out to be a horrible, annoying and confusing way to see articles. I hate it. The mobile world moved on, the stupid page turn stayed on.
I like high information density. The Zite UI suited me much better. I will probably abandon my account if I can't find another way to access it.
Good news and "interest aggregator"
It works well and combines user magazines with popular topic, websites, and social media sites.
The UI is far beyond easy to understand, and it looks nice.
Adding the option for rounded or smoothed edges on the pages/stories could be much more nice aesthetically.
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 02, 2015
- Version: 3.3.6
- Size: 29.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Flipboard, Inc.
- © 2010-2015 Flipboard Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.