By Charles Miller
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Flipgrid iPad app extends the Flipgrid online environment and creates innovative new opportunities for reflection, discussion, and demonstration. Flipgrid is an asynchronous, video-based discussion and reflection tool. Teachers and students, community groups, corporate teams, research organizations, and individuals looking to boost social presence in their online discussions currently use Flipgrid.
Flipgrid is simple. Flipgrid administrators create grids of short, discussion-style questions to share with their users. Grids are collections of questions around a common theme. Each grid can hold an unlimited number of questions, and each question can hold an unlimited number of user-recorded video responses.
Questions are short, text-based prompts that can include basic formatting (e.g., bold, italic) and links to websites or documents for critique and feedback opportunities. Response videos are limited to a maximum of 90 seconds to promote clarity, organization, and engagement. Individual response videos can be liked and shared (e.g., Twitter, Facebook) or embedded on blogs, learner management systems, or websites.
For educators, Flipgrid enhances community and social presence in face-to-face, hybrid, and online classrooms. In other words, Flipgrid brings the back row to the front and gives all students a voice. Flipgrid is also a wonderful research tool for collecting qualitative data from individuals or focus groups.
For businesses, organizations, and community groups, Flipgrid will help expand your collective knowledge base and allow you to connect with employees, customers, and collaborators in a unique, fun-to-use fashion.
The Flipgrid iPad app allows you to:
• Enter a grid address or click on an existing Flipgrid link in your email or on the web
• Explore grid questions and select a question to view existing video responses or share your ideas
• Snap a thumbnail profile photo (and use one of the 5 new filters) for your response video
• Record (and re-record) up to a 90-second response video (you can re-record as many times as you like)
• Submit your video by entering your name and email (only your first name will be displayed in Flipgrid and your email will be shared only with the grid’s administrator)
• Sort video responses by date, name, likes, and views, or shuffle the responses randomly
• Like and share videos on Twitter, Facebook, blogs, or websites (if permitted by the grid administrator)
• Grid and question addition/modification, as well as response video moderation, are only available in the web-based Flipgrid Management tool (accessible in all modern browsers including Safari on the iPad).
• If you are already using Flipgrid, all of your current grids, questions, and video responses will work seamlessly in the app. Also, if a user records a response in the app, it will be instantly live in the online environment (and vice versa).
What's New in Version 1.2.6
-Added video question feature
-Improved data tracking and visualization
-Improved iOS 8 stability
Change the way you teach
This is an outstanding App. I use to constantly in this class to foster my students skills in writing, speaking, and developing an argument. Give it a try, and Flipgrid will change the way you teach.
0/10, Too much water