By William Modesitt
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Floating Notes is an easy-to-use note application that displays its note windows on top of all other application windows.
- Maintain a database of your notes. The database window is hidden once Floating Notes is not the active application.
- Easily add notes by clicking the + button.
- Delete notes by clicking the - button.
- Open or close a note window by double-clicking the note in the database window, or clicking the Open/ Close Note button.
- Set an application to a note so the note only appears when the set application is the front application.
- Set the note's transparency level. When a note is transparent, moving the mouse over the note removes the transparency for easier reading of the note.
- Set the note's color. This makes it easier to categorize or prioritize the notes.
- Set the each note's text font, size and text color.
- Notes can even have pictures.
What's New in Version 1.1.1
- Min OS now 10.7
- Handles Spaces better
I've been looking for an app like this. It's essentially a TextEdit window that always stays on top; however, you can make the background transparent… So basically you can take notes while you are reading and never have to switch back and forth. The floating window is hardly visible until you hover and it comes back. You can also set notes to only stay on top when a certain application is open and not with others. It's not fancy and hopefully they will keep adding features but very cool!