By Tien Thinh Vu
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
FloorDesign is an interior design application (floor plan) that allows you to easily design your home plan in 2D, as well as change the color or the texture of each room, and drag - drop furniture, doors, windows... onto the room from a catalog organized by categories.
Main Functions of the application:
- Customizable Room:
Drag (create new) room object into the draw view, double click on it to edit all information of the room (walls, intersection points. measure information....)
- Add custom items to Template list:
Right click on a group of objects then select "Add to template list" to save them so that you can reuse it later.
Use this function to create your own interior item from many basic shapes.
- Pre-Defined Interior objects:
There are many predefined nice Interior objects for you to add to the design: door, window, stair, chair, sofa....
- Basic shape :
There are many shapes to add to the design, including text box, round box, line connector, callouts....
- Over 3000 Beautiful Symbols:
More than that, there are over 3000 beautiful symbols to add the view.
Please press the "Smile icon" button on the left to add and select any symbol you want.
- Drag/Drop Image from Finder (or press Cmd-V to paste image from current Clipboard):
The application allows users to drag/drop many image files directly from Finder to current editing window.
- Allow to make curved wall inside Room object
- User could save edited room object to templates list to reused later
- When edit room object , right click on wall line to show menu with following actions : select / deselect all walls, show / hide measure arrow information, change line to curved style....
- Unlimited Undo/Redo (shortcut key: Cmd-Z / Shift-Cmd-Z)
- Copy / Paste (shortcut key: Cmd-C / Cmd-V)
- Doublicate select items (shortcut key: Cmd-D)
- Group / Ungroup Items (shortcut key: Cmd-G / Shift-Cmd-G)
- Lock/Unlock items position (shortcut key: Cmd-L / Shift-Cmd-L)
- Rotate left, rotate right (shortcut key: Cmd-J / Cmd-K)
- Trim room wall
- Scale size of select items
- Flip select items
- Customizable Color / Font / Size / Line Type
- Shadow supported
- Snap to Grid
- Auto Align with another object when resize or move
- Change display order
- Export to png, jpeg, tiff, pdf image file (shortcut key: Cmd-E)
- Print supported (shortcut key: Cmd-P)
What's New in Version 2.1
In previous update:
- update door/window shapes
- door and external wall polyline now can attach to a room object
- allow to distribute shapes (same space between multiple shapes)
- add short cut key CMD+B, CMD+I to change text to Bold or Italic
- switch current select object to another shape type
- support more modify functions: Path boolean operation
- support Find function to search for text
- press Shift+Cmd+T to move, resize group of items temporary
- add more dash setting
- allow to connect 2 polylines when dragging top vertex
- draw measure information when item is selected
- support input size value in feet-inches format (1' 3" or 1' 6 1/2" , 1' 6 1/8")
- at the bottom-right of canvas, Position & Size panel was added to edit coordinate of selected items
- support continuity when draw wall, room at intersection point
- add menu to select all item inside a room object
- Support to show unit in Feet-inches format
- improve User Interface
- allow user to show/hide “More shapes” dialog
- support to show Ruler
- add Zoom in, Zoom out short cut key
- add “Copy to another layer”, “Move to another layer” menu
- fix arrow head size
Good program for basic drawings
I’ve been using this program for a while to do basic (non-exact) floor plans for office and home. I am not a drafter or engineer, so I have no need of exact precision. Which is good, because this program does not offer that level of precision. However, for what I need, I.E., visualizing floor plans, designing room layouts, or simply planning furniture placement, this program has all I need.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Mar 18, 2015
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 14.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Tien Thinh Vu
- © Vu Tien Thinh 2015
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later