FloorDesign3D is an 3d interior design application (floor plan) that allows you to easily design your home plan in 2D, render in 3D, as well as change the color or the texture of each room, and drag - drop furniture, doors, windows... onto the room from a catalog organized by categories.
Main Functions of the application:
- Customizable Room:
Drag (create new) room object into the draw view, double click on it to edit all information of the room (walls, intersection points. measure information....)
- 3D rendering: View your house from 3d view
- Import custom 3d model (in COLLADA-dae or Wavefront-obj format)
- Add custom items to Template list:
Right click on a group of objects then select "Add to template list" to save them so that you can reuse it later.
Use this function to create your own interior item from many basic shapes.
- Pre-Defined Interior objects:
There are many predefined nice 3d Interior objects for you to add to the design: door, window, stair, chair, sofa....
- Basic shape :
There are many shapes to add to the design, including text box, round box, line connector, callouts....
- Over 3000 Beautiful Symbols:
More than that, there are over 3000 beautiful symbols to add the view.
Please press the "Smile icon" button on the left to add and select any symbol you want.
- Drag/Drop Image from Finder (or press Cmd-V to paste image from current Clipboard):
The application allows users to drag/drop many image files directly from Finder to current editing window.
- Allow to make curved wall inside Room object
- User could save edited room object to templates list to reused later
- When edit room object , right click on wall line to show menu with following actions : select / deselect all walls, show / hide measure arrow information, change line to curved style....
- Unlimited Undo/Redo (shortcut key: Cmd-Z / Shift-Cmd-Z)
- Copy / Paste (shortcut key: Cmd-C / Cmd-V)
- Duplicate select items (shortcut key: Cmd-D)
- Group / Ungroup Items (shortcut key: Cmd-G / Shift-Cmd-G)
- Lock/Unlock items position (shortcut key: Cmd-L / Shift-Cmd-L)
- Rotate left, rotate right (shortcut key: Cmd-J / Cmd-K)
- Trim room wall
- Scale size of select items
- Flip select items
- Customizable Color / Font / Size / Line Type
- Shadow supported
- Snap to Grid
- Auto Align with another object when resize or move
- Change display order
- Export to png, jpeg, tiff, pdf image file (shortcut key: Cmd-E)
- Print supported (shortcut key: Cmd-P)
- Fix many bugs
- Update UI
- add thumbnail view
- add shortcut keys
- Allow user to change join-path , cap-path styles for walls, shapes
- Add "About" button in "3d interior objects" to show 3d-models' library author
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful app
I bought this app to design our new restaurant. I’m a avid Photoshop user, could have use Photoshop to design the floor plan, but it would be much more difficult to get it in perfect scale. This app have most common household fixtures, everthing was drag and drop. I was able to design our 3000 sq ft resturant with detailed seating area/kitchen and bathrooms. If you have basic concept in design apps like photoshop, this app is very easy to use. Definitely worth $16, saved me a ton of time.
Not user friendly and impossible
This app is impossible to use to achieve any realistic goal. I am working on a renovation and wanted to sketch potential floor plans for a given space. I thought this app would make things easier and give me a better feel for the most effective use of space. The app is impossible. Wals are not straight. You have no maarkers to indicate lengths of walls. Getting walls to close and not over lap is not possible. All in all this app is very poorly designed and not worth the $15 I just spent. A piece og graph paper is more effective than this app.
I am very happy with this program. It creates a very nice looking floorplan with 3D rendering very quickly and easily! I was unsure about a few things and shot an email to the creator, and he responded quickly and with detail, helping me correct the mistakes I had made. I definitely recommend this for a floorplan creator! Great work!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.