Flora Incognita - Automated plant species identification
The digital age with its unrestrained access to knowledge has the potential to make expert knowledge accessible to everyone. Germany's plant species diversity is now available at a touch of a button.
With a smartphone in hand, there are only a few photos between the "Flora Incognita" - the "green carpet" - and the realization that the "weeds" in the strawberry bed are rare and special. An intuitive process guides even laymen safely through the determination process, and the possibility to maintain your own observations as virtual memory can arouse your passion for collecting.
We are continuously working on improving the app. On our project website (www.floraincognita.com/de) or on Facebook (https://de-de.facebook.com/Flora.Incognita/) we keep you up to date with the latest developments.
Digitalization also has its limits: Ornamental and indoor plants cannot be included for identification.
• Pictures from the photo gallery can be used for identification. This allows you to take pictures of a plant offline and identify later
• Observations can be shared via Facebook, email, Twitter etc.
• You can now reset your password in the app
• Observations can be searched in many ways
• Many detail improvements and minor bugs fixes
Praise, criticism and suggestions to email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
- Patrick Maeder
- 41.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Technische Universität Ilmenau
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.