Learn a language with TV, books, news, blogs, and more.
• It’s fun. If you like Duolingo and Memrise, Flowlingo will get you beyond the basics and improve your fluency. Flowlingo immerses you in content that you already enjoy and local content so you also learn the culture.
• It’s easy. Simply tap any word you don’t know to see what it means. A flashcard is automatically created for future practice.
Immerse yourself with:
• News, blogs, and websites including New York Times, Buzzfeed, Reddit, Wikipedia, National Geographic, CNN, and more.
• TV and movie clips including Moana, Aladdin, Peppa Pig, Harry Potter, Lion King, TED talks, and more.
• Music videos including Shakira, Beyoncé, Ariana Grande, Despacito, and more.
• Books including Sherlock Holmes, Alice in Wonderland, Wizard of Oz, and more.
22 languages supported, including: English, Spanish, Français (French), Deutsch (German), Русский (Russian), 简体中文 (Chinese Simplified), Bengali, Dansk (Danish), Nederlands (Dutch), Ελληνικά (Greek), हिन्दी (Hindi), Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian), Italiano (Italian), 日本語 (Japanese), 한국어 (Korean), Polski (Polish), Português (Portuguese), Svenska (Swedish), Tagalog (Filipino), ภาษาไทย (Thai), Türkçe (Turkish), and Tiếng Việt (Vietnamese).
While most content in Flowlingo is free, we do offer Flowlingo Premium which allows you to upload your own ebooks. If you choose to purchase Premium, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase.
Renewal prices are as follows:
One-month subscription for $8.99
Twelve-month subscription for $59.99
These prices are for United States customers. Pricing in other countries may vary and actual charges may be converted to your local currency depending on the country of residence.
Terms of Service: https://reader.getflowlingo.com/terms.html
- Upload your own ebooks
Ratings and Reviews
Winner. Almost perfect. No other way to say it.
I would consider myself an advanced learner of languages. I can decently get around in three. When I began, I would learn the basics, then move on to authentic material. One of the most annoying aspects was flipping through my dual language dictionary and trying to look up a word. This app enables one to read authentic material and then just tap on a word and it pops up. It is now possible to not lose any time while reading authentic material in order to find one word that would keep one from understanding the global context of a passage. Then, it goes a step further and builds notecards within the app to help with building a person’s vocabulary. My only complaint is that you can’t save the words to another program like excel. They only exist within the app. Otherwise, it is a solid program and I hope the developers can remain viable in order to continue progress on this project.
Exceptional Language Guide
Flowlingo empowers me in a practical way to enjoy learning a new language. The idea of sifting through practice question after practice question to learn a new language as I have in encountered in other teaching methods is a means to an end that I have loathed. The hierarchy of foundations to learn to progress in some other teaching methods of languages also gets in my way.
What is so beautiful about flowlingo is I just look for articles, videos, or even books that I find interesting. From there I can pick up learning so naturally with my own curiosity of the subject matter of my choosing. The translate tool is done so well. The barriers I confront in learning a new language have been greatly diminished in what this app is working towards. I am in Love!
Thank you Flowlingo!
This is the app I've been searching for since 1993 (the first year I seriously studied another language ... still not fluent 😔)! If you're interested in all types of media in another language (news, books, videos, music, etc.) but don't fully understand what you're consuming, this app quickly translates any words you don't know AND automatically makes relevant flashcards to personalize your review sessions! Saves so much time and it's fun. I'm looking forward to watching the displays improve as the app matures but it's not "bad" just not as clean and pretty as some of the other language learning apps on the market.
- WoW Labs, Inc.
- 21.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Wow Labs, Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Flowlingo Premium Monthly $8.99
- Flowlingo Premium Annual $59.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.