Teachers help your students become better and more confident readers.
** Children use the power of self correction to improve their own reading skills.
** Add any genre or reading level to Fluency for your children to read.
** Students can zoom in or out of text for their reading comfort.
** Students can very easily submit their best reading to their teacher.
** Excellent for Second Language learners, speech and resource students.
Fluency uses Drop Box to display reading scripts. Children can then record their reading and listen to it record it again or easily send their recording to their teacher.
To use Fluency;
1) Use or create a free Drop Box account. Then install the Drop Box software onto your Mac.
2) Create a folder called "Scripts" in your DropBox folder.
3) Create your own scripts with a word processor to create a plain text file. It must have the extension “.txt” .
4) Save the script to your Drop Box account in your Scripts folder.
5) You will need to enter your Drop Box account information to each device running Fluency.
You will only need to do this once because Drop Box saves the user information token on the device.
6) Students can then open Fluency and select one of the teacher provided scripts.
7) Then they must input their name and select a different recording time. Then they press record. When the record light is on, they can start reading. When the pre-determined time has been reached, the app will stop the recording.
8) Students then can listen to their recording, delete it, or send it to their teacher. To delete a recording swipe right then press delete.
9) After they send it, it will appear in the teacher’s Drop Box account in a new folder called Fluency.
If you have any questions or comments or to get the Fluency Script Editor for your Mac, please visit www.fluencyapp.org.
Total redesign. New user interface, new code and new Dropbox API.
Same great app.
Ratings and Reviews
This is more teacher based than for parent use
I can record my child's reading for 60 seconds instead of purchasing the app. It is not user friendly for the parent that is focusing on one child, rather than a classroom. To use this app you must set up another app (Dropbox) in order to utilize its minimal functions. Additionally, I would have to find and add the scripts for my child to read which seems like a lot of work rather than just handing him a page in the book, recording and timing him. I was hoping for something a bit easier for a child to use and challenge his skills more independently. Perhaps these functions would work well in a classroom environment to monitor many children but the product is marketed to parents, as well as classroom, so I took the bait and wasted a few bucks.
Super easy to use! I like how it syncs to the Dropbox. It wasn't apparent how to delete recordings, so I wrote to the developer, who wrote right back. Great app!
Does not work
Tried for over an hour to get this to work. I followed the few instructions given. After reading the script it will not play back for a student to listen to it. I tried to listen to the audio file in my Dropbox, but it will not open up in Itunes. Useless!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.