Flume for Instagram
By Rafif Yalda
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Flume brings the world of Instagram to your desktop with gorgeous edge-to-edge photography, direct messaging, upload support and much more.
Flume Pro Features:
• Upload photos and videos, with support for original or square formats, tagged locations and captions.
• Effortlessly switch between multiple Instagram accounts.
• Start conversations with other users, create groups and share your favourite photos or videos together.
• A beautiful design that focuses your attention on the photos and videos.
• View, like, comment, follow and share all day long.
• View photos and videos in their original aspect ratio and at full resolution.
• Immerse yourself deeper, and enlarge photos and videos via QuickLook support.
• View popular content based on users you are following as well as your current location.
• See the latest activity (new likes, comments and friends that join Instagram) and respond to the latest notifications (new follower requests).
• Swipe with your trackpad or Magic Mouse and skim through your feed.
• Search for users, hashtags, locations and save them for quick access.
• View photos and videos tagged at a location, with a hashtag, or with other users.
• Read comments and captions written in a language you don't understand, with translation support.
• Integrates with Flume New Tab, a beautiful Safari extension available at https://flumeapp.com/new-tab/
• 100% keyboard navigable, and 100% VoiceOver/accessibility supported.
Learn more about Flume at https://flumeapp.com and follow us on Twitter @flumeapp for updates!
Terms of Service: https://flumeapp.com/terms/
What's New in Version 2.4
Flume 2.4 is here just in time for the holidays and it's our biggest and best release yet! For more background info and the entire change log (it's really long) for this update, please check out our blog - https://flumeapp.com/blog/. For all support queries, please see our Support Portal at https://flumeapp.com/support/
- NEW: The new Touch Bar and Flume are a match made in heaven! Comprehensive support for all functions, and completely customisable, and localised in all languages.
- NEW: Flume now speaks a whopping 25 languages! Arabic, Chinese (Traditional), Danish, Dutch, French, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Malay, Portuguese (and BR), Swedish, Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese speakers can now enjoy Flume in their native tongue.
- NEW: Get insights on your posts and followers. For the first time ever, now available on a desktop!
- NEW: Create Instagram Adverts and view your promotion results.
- NEW: Edit your profile, change your password, convert to a Business account (and back to Personal), configure your comment filters and edit your business contact information.
- NEW: Support for "Saved" posts including via our handy "Hover Shortcuts" - simply hover your mouse over items and tap "S" to save them! See our Support Portal for more info about our Hover Shortcuts.
- NEW: Like comments, and turn commenting on/off for your posts.
- NEW: Edit your tagged posts and remove them from your profile.
- NEW: View blocked users.
- NEW: Added a quick "Logout All Users" shortcut.
- NEW: Related hashtags are now shown when viewing the posts of another hashtag.
- NEW: Support for "Videos you might like".
- NEW: Hover menu actions on comments - simply move your cursor to the edge of the comment to have quick access to reply/report/like/delete actions.
+ hundreds of improvements (see full change-log).
Happy Holidays from the team at Flume!
It NEEDS Instagram Filters!!!
This is a review of the in-app pro version upgrade ($9.99)
Flume Pro only needs 2 things to be perfect….
1. It needs the actual Instagram filters rather than the filters from apple Photo Booth.
2. It needs a bigger photo editing interface. When editing a photo before posting It the interface is way too small to see details in the photo (especially when cropping). The photo editing section should show the photos at least as big as the app shows them on the feed.
The app doesn’t have Instagram filters and doesn’t have very many editing options other than croping, which is far from precise.
The reason I gave it 4 stars, in spite of it’s shortcomings is because of how beautiful the app is, and the visual simplicity of its design. I honestly like it better than instagrams design.
All it needs is the ability to edit photos the same way instagram does before uploading.
This is not a review of the free version.
The free version is basically an Instagram-viewing app and has no uploading abilities.
What a Scam
This app is advertised as a free limited-use app with the potential to upgrade to the Pro version but in reality, it will not let me upload even one image unless I immediately upgrade to the $9.99 Pro version. Ridiculous!
From what I’ve seen, this app presents a clean interface but sometimes clean can be too clean. I would like to at least see the poster’s name and image description. As this app is designed, I have to clickon each image to see who/what/where. Which is no big deal because I can browse IG on the IG app or via Safari, but I had high hopes this would make uploading easier than using an iOS device. And it may very well be the answer to my problem, but the fact it forces you to upgrade without trying is just incredibly irksome.
Deleted the app.
THE BEST APP ON THE MAC APP STORE
WORDS CANNOT DESCRIBE THE BEAUTY THAT THIS APP IS
its so pure. it sees a need, and it fills it, and it is the ONLY way you can keep up with ig dms and its settings are robust and fleshed out.
for a mere 5 dollars it will allow you to fully upload from your computer! nobody else in the world ever EVER has made something like this. I would have paid 15 dollars for this app, the developer is amazing. adding support almost a DAY after a new macbook or a new ig update. i could like comments on here before i could on my phone. a single person did all of this. THANK YOU SO MUCH
- Category: Photography
- Updated: Dec 24, 2016
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Rafif Yalda
- © 2015 Rafif Yalda
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Flume Pro$9.99