Flume for Instagram
By Rafif Yalda
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Flume brings the world of Instagram to your desktop with gorgeous edge-to-edge photography, direct messaging, upload support and much more.
Flume Pro Features:
• Upload photos and videos, with support for original or square formats, tagged locations and captions.
• Effortlessly switch between multiple Instagram accounts.
• Start conversations with other users, create groups and share your favourite photos or videos together.
• A beautiful design that focuses your attention on the photos and videos.
• View, like, comment, follow and share all day long.
• View photos and videos in their original aspect ratio and at full resolution.
• Immerse yourself deeper, and enlarge photos and videos via QuickLook support.
• View popular content based on users you are following as well as your current location.
• See the latest activity (new likes, comments and friends that join Instagram) and respond to the latest notifications (new follower requests).
• Swipe with your trackpad or Magic Mouse and skim through your feed.
• Search for users, hashtags, locations and save them for quick access.
• View photos and videos tagged at a location, with a hashtag, or with other users.
• Read comments and captions written in a language you don't understand, with translation support.
• Integrates with Flume New Tab, a beautiful Safari extension available at https://flumeapp.com/new-tab/
• 100% keyboard navigable, and 100% VoiceOver/accessibility supported.
Learn more about Flume at https://flumeapp.com and follow us on Twitter @flumeapp for updates!
Terms of Service: https://flumeapp.com/terms/
What's New in Version 2.4.2
Flume 2.4.1 is here and promises to be the most stable and solid update so far, with a few new features too. For more info and the full change log for this update, please check out our blog - https://flumeapp.com/blog/. For all support queries, please see our Support Portal at https://flumeapp.com/support/.
- NEW: Respond to comments directly from notifications.
- NEW: Directly jump to comments from the notifications in the Activity tab.
- NEW: Save sharing options for Linked Accounts.
- NEW: You can now switch Facebook sharing options easily and more directly on the Upload window as opposed to the Profile > Settings > Linked Accounts > Facebook menu.
- NEW: Disable commenting on uploads.
- NEW: Progress is displayed when compressing videos and uploading photos and videos.
- NEW: The titlebar now animates leaving more space for buttons on the Detail View.
- NEW: Export your Insights data.
+ hundreds of fixes and improvements (see full change-log).
Filling the Void
I’ve been on #Instagram for 3 or 4 years now (@swdoddsw) and there’s been something #missing from the #experience… an #absence that’s left me #annoyed. What’s been missing from my Instagram experience? The #ability to have full account interaction from my #MacBook. Well, today I found #Flume Pro ($9.99), I used it for nine postings so far today and so far it seems to be the #perfect thing to fill the previous #void! I love that I can type captions in MS Word and then cut and paste into my posting, edit my photos in PhotoShop and then post them directly from the folder they are stored in, etc. Flume rocks! Only problem I’ve seen so far is that during one of my early postings, I selected the radio buttons to simultaneously share my postings to Twitter and FaceBook and I also selected the checkbox to “Save Sharing Options”, but saving the sharing options doesn’t work as I would expect. I still have to go in and manually select which linked accounts I want my postings to share to, each time I post something. In addition, when I reopen a pic that I previously shared to Twitter and Facebook and look at the sharing options, even that picture no longer has the radio buttons selected. A minor bug, but annoying nonetheless.
Does what it says it does perfectly. No problems and have been using it for several weeks now, daily, without issue. It’s very well-made, a better emulator than Uploader for Instagram, when comparing side by side. I initially used both but then found Flume to be more intuitive and easier to use somehow, I kept returning to it and now it’s the only Instagram emulator I use. The only slight reservation I have is that you can’t successfully cut and paste from your text editor into the “add a comment” section of the app without losing your formatting, which makes hiding hashtags impossible. I do wish you could dynamically increase and decrease the size of the main window to preview thumbnails much larger like you can with Uploader for Instagram but I think Flume seeks to exactly mirror the Instagram experience on your desktop so you can only dynamically decrease the size of the main window (and subsequently preview only smaller thumbnails). I upgraded to Pro and feel the money was well spent.
It won’t post a photo, information incorrect, Frustrating!!!!
I purchased the “Pro” version and tried numerous times to post a photo, no such luck-it just sits there with the 2 boxes asking to "respore purchases” and “upgrade to pro”. Your FAQ’s on the matter tells me to hit the "upgrade to pro button” which I have already done, rather than “restore purchases” which would be the intuitivething to do. I click the button, nothing-it just sits there. About a half hour later, the same thing, nothing. An hour later it moved to an App storte link asking if I want to piurchase it for $9.99, I don’t think so. Beyond that the app store has me purchasing this app on January 18th but Itunes has me purchasing the app on the 25 of march which is accurate. Lastly, hashtags? Our posts aren’t able to be seen by anyone other than current followers if there are hashtags present? That’s the deal killer for me and I can’t help but wonder just how you can charge 10 bucks for an app that has sooo many issues? Thus is the problem with miodern app development, 75% complete but demands 100% of the money when it’s really should not the case at all. If I ran that business model I’d be sued on a regular basis.
- Category: Photography
- Updated: Feb 01, 2017
- Version: 2.4.2
- Size: 10.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Rafif Yalda
- © 2015 Rafif Yalda
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Flume Pro$9.99