Flutter: Butterfly Sanctuary
By Mobage, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Stunning, addictive, and beautiful game" - ***** Game Teep
Care for your own rainforest and raise butterflies through their incredible life cycle. Use your touch to bring light and life into the environment and assemble spectacular butterfly collections!
Each butterfly is a vibrant, artistically expressive depiction of a real life species with stunning wing patterns and unique behavioral characteristics. Players can collect endless varieties of brilliantly colored flora and fauna to attract new butterfly species. From chrysalis to caterpillar to butterfly, players foster these delicate creatures with pollen and help the rainforest thrive.
- Collect, fuse and feed dozens of real-life butterfly species
- Stunning environmental visuals - expand your forest with new life and color by gathering and planting special flowers to attract a diverse set of species
- Attract butterflies from all around the world and add them to your ever-expanding “Flutterpedia”. Each species has a unique fact sheet on their characteristics and natural history
- Listen to the Rainforest in the palm of your hand - Put on your headphones to experience a real-life lush rainforest ambience and immerse yourself into a deeper experience
- Use gestures to interact with your creatures, drop leaves into caterpillars’ mouths, crack open chrysalises, and guide your butterflies around their growing environment
- Guide your butterflies through the forest and watch them flutter, fly, perch and play
- Unlock achievements with a robust goal system powered by GAME CENTER
- Earn Bonus Powers for completion Butterfly regions
- Store and manage your Collection of butterflies
- Fuse butterflies and use flower pollen to level up and find out more about each species
In creating the game, the development team spent time in their local museum’s Tropical Forest to capture the authenticity of the butterflies and to ensure that the underlying science was correct. The resulting graphical style recreates the reality of rainforest habitat!
What's New in Version 1.84
▪ Bug fixes.
▪ You can now sell caterpillars and chrysalises.
▪ Mission details are displayed on the 'switch mission' confirm dialog.
I absolutely love this "game", that is not really a game per say, but a winding-down tool! I also enjoy the soundtrack.
The only heartburn I have with this game is the stupidity of the bird. When it asks for a particular butterfly by its Latin name, then that HAS TO BE the proper butterfly for the mission. You CANNOT later have the butterfly FAIL its' mission by inferring that a better butterfly could have accomplished that particular mission!! Get real!!!
I would also like to see the point values for "deforestation" be more realistic, i.e., not so high.
Secondly, I would also like to point out that if you miss a set of butterflies due to illness or injury, how does one go about collecting them in the future? I missed the Amigo collection due to a serious injury and there have been no Amigo flowers forthcoming during play for me to "catch" up on that particular collection?!
Yours in Service:
J. LaBarge Bryan
US Army Veteran
5 stars if not for the cost
Great relaxing game with an educational twist as well. But the cost to buy the "flutter bucks" is astronomical! I don't mind contributing some money to the programmers for such a great game, but it is hard to justify spending As much for a couple of butterflies as you would for some office software. The "special deals" can run you $30 or more just to hope you get the butterfly you want. My suggestion to Mobage is to moderate the cost significantly, you could more than double the number of players.
I am absolutely hooked to this game. I jus with they had a daily lottery to win item. I mean the stores daily deals are great but it's very limited. Secondly an option to reduce the time certain butterflies take to hatch. Third and last an option to add friends based on the email address not everyone uses Game Center and not everyone has a Facebook.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 02, 2014
- Version: 1.84
- Size: 97.5 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Mobage, Inc.
- © Runawayplay - NHNZ
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 50 Flutterbucks$1.99
- 130 Flutterbucks$4.99
- 275 Flutterbucks$9.99
- 700 Flutterbucks$24.99
- 1500 Flutterbucks$49.99
- 3750 Flutterbucks$99.99