Flutter: Butterfly Sanctuary
By Mobage, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Stunning, addictive, and beautiful game" - ***** Game Teep
Care for your own rainforest and raise butterflies through their incredible life cycle. Use your touch to bring light and life into the environment and assemble spectacular butterfly collections!
Each butterfly is a vibrant, artistically expressive depiction of a real life species with stunning wing patterns and unique behavioral characteristics. Players can collect endless varieties of brilliantly colored flora and fauna to attract new butterfly species. From chrysalis to caterpillar to butterfly, players foster these delicate creatures with pollen and help the rainforest thrive.
- Collect, fuse and feed dozens of real-life butterfly species
- Stunning environmental visuals - expand your forest with new life and color by gathering and planting special flowers to attract a diverse set of species
- Attract butterflies from all around the world and add them to your ever-expanding “Flutterpedia”. Each species has a unique fact sheet on their characteristics and natural history
- Listen to the Rainforest in the palm of your hand - Put on your headphones to experience a real-life lush rainforest ambience and immerse yourself into a deeper experience
- Use gestures to interact with your creatures, drop leaves into caterpillars’ mouths, crack open chrysalises, and guide your butterflies around their growing environment
- Guide your butterflies through the forest and watch them flutter, fly, perch and play
- Unlock achievements with a robust goal system powered by GAME CENTER
- Earn Bonus Powers for completion Butterfly regions
- Store and manage your Collection of butterflies
- Fuse butterflies and use flower pollen to level up and find out more about each species
In creating the game, the development team spent time in their local museum’s Tropical Forest to capture the authenticity of the butterflies and to ensure that the underlying science was correct. The resulting graphical style recreates the reality of rainforest habitat!
What's New in Version 1.97
- Optimizations which will help the game run smoothly.
- Added an indicator to butterflies for when their ability is ready
I've quite enjoyed this game for a while, but with the last "update" it seems the game is on its last legs. Playing from an IPod, the quality took a sudden nose-dive comparable to a 16-bit game, complete with grainy texture and warped texture. While, at least before the update, the creators were still putting out their scheduled events, but the last news was October, 2014. New butterflies? I doubt it. Reinstalling the game didn't help. In the end, I still enjoyed this game before with its soothing ambiance, beautiful butterflies, cute creatures, and user-friendly set-up so I couldn't grant it less than three stars. Maybe it'll work for you, it's worth a shot.
While I like this game a lot. The latest update didn't improve game play and doesn't appear to have accomplished it's stated goals. The worst thing about it, in my opinion, is that I can no longer rotate my pad. Sometimes this is helpful for my stylus, when it is attached. Only thing I see new is additional developer page at beginning of opening.
Fun fun fun fun fun
I have been playing this game for about almost two years. It's fun and enjoyable. I love all the different species of butterflies you learn about. I wish though that different types I flowers would pop up in the forest instead of the same ones all the time. Also, I'd like to see more butterfly events to.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 29, 2015
- Version: 1.97
- Size: 115 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Mobage, Inc.
- © Runawayplay - NHNZ
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- 50 Flutterbucks$1.99
- 130 Flutterbucks$4.99
- 275 Flutterbucks$9.99
- 700 Flutterbucks$24.99
- 1500 Flutterbucks$49.99
- 3750 Flutterbucks$99.99