AskAudio: "Super fun, intuitive interface, combines visual and audio elements well, immediately usable for beginners, deep features for pros"
CDM: "fluXpad is an insanely immediate music drawing tool for iPad"
SoundBytesMag: "In short, this is a very fun program. Cheap, very powerful, with a unique interface that makes you think about music and sound shaping in a visual, hands-on way that is (mostly) free from dealing with numbers."
Justin Vernon / Bon Iver: „I’m LOVING fluXpad. Working with it all last week week... so fun. Just JAMMING on it!“
MusicAppBlog: "for those of a more experimental nature, those who get a bit of a buzz from the unconventional and, yes, even for those who don’t actually see themselves as musicians, fluXpad will have an obvious appeal; it’s quirky, novel and a heck of a lot of fun."
fluXpad is the first sample sequencer that fully functions by simply drawing the sounds. In fluXpad it’s super simple to record your own sounds, to create different pattern and to jam with them.
fluXpad is a sample based groovebox/workstation with a highly original sequencer, where you “draw“ your music, which leads to completely different results, when compared to a traditional sequencer. The y-axis of your canvas controls pitch, while the x-axis controls the sustain of your notes. Sounds familiar, but drawing on a canvas without any grid is a totally new experience. Of course it is possible to quantize your notes, or you can limit your note range to major or minor scales.
fluXpad has been developed by Mouse on Mars and Jan T. v. Falkenstein
– 6 melody sequencers where you paint your melodies based on a sample of your choice
– 1 percussion/drum sequencer where you paint/tap your groove made of 7 samples of your choice
– record mode: either paint your sequence (on the top) or tap your notes (at the bottom)
– each sound has its own sampler settings with unique envelope, loop and start settings
– quantize / unquantize functions for each sequencer or the whole pattern
– 7 patterns to jam with, for each preset
– ability to record your own samples with the build in microphone
– import samples via iTunes or AudioShare
– huge sample library with high quality sounds/kits made by Mouse on Mars and others
– lots of demo projects made by Mouse and Mars and others
– ability to buy new projects/sounds via In-App-Purchase
– ability to export/backup your projects (including sounds)
– Audiobus supported
– IAA sync supported
– Ableton Link supported
– ability to sync via midi to other apps, hardware
Concept: Andi Toma & Jan St Werner (Mouse On Mars), Jan T. v. Falkenstein, Florian Grote
Development: Jan T. v. Falkenstein (TeaTracks)
Visual & font design: Gabriele T. v. Falkenstein (TeaTracks)
UX design: Jan T. v. Falkenstein, Florian Grote, Gabriele T. v. Falkenstein, Mouse On Mars
This version includes the first iteration of a song mode! Interconnect sequences to create longer loops!
There are also a couple of bugs fixed:
- IAA support is fixed
- AudioShare import should work again
- some stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Very unique fun noise beats
I have been looking forward to this app for a while now and just stumbled across a still image that I had saved to my drive a year or more ago for inspiration and reference.
Don't waste your money
Cant believe I took this app seriously and bought it. It is not a pro mUsic app. It is a toy app
Awesome, musical, fun!
If you have any interest in making music on your ipad, buy this app. I've been waiting for something like this. Fun, musical, deeply flexible. I would like to thank the developers by buying every Mouse on Mars album. Great job! Five stars right out of the gate!
(There are a few minor tweaks that could be made, and more features will almost certainly be added. The following small suggestions (which might be mistaken) are intended more for the developers than as a criticism: Bluetooth audio doesn't seem to be yet supported. As for the sampling features, cross-fading and time-stretching would be nice, if possible. Also, to choose an instrument, you have to hold on the crayon icon. A tap alone won't seem to work.
I didn't see mention of this in the help menu. Also, when playing back a recorded sample at low pitch, it cuts it off before it completely plays. When using the drum sequencer, it was somewhat confusing what pad was being used when i was drawing the notes in. It worked fine when tapping notes in while recording.)
To summarize: buy this app! 😊
- MoMinstruments GbR
- 101.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Korean
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Mouse on Mars & Jan T.v. Falkenstein
- In-App Purchases
- DJs Collapse $0.99
- Funkstörung - Fiat Flux! $1.99
- DJ Elephant Power - Draws fader $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.