By Quokka Studios Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
FluxTunes gives you sight-free music control. Perfect for the car or when exercising, making controlling your music a more enjoyable and safer experience.
FluxTunes turns the entire touchscreen into a control pad, so you can keep your eyes on the road and change tracks with a simple swipe across the screen. Swipe up or down for volume control, or tap to pause your music : it's that simple. Also perfect for when you are lying in bed and just want to keep your eyes closed.
FluxTunes also offers you full gesture customisation - choose from a list of gestures and select your desired response, such as a double tap to turn on shuffle mode, or a two finger swipe to play all the songs from the same artist.
Proximity detection is also available- drop the iPhone in your pocket and the screen switches off, saving your battery and avoiding any accidental screen touches. Pull the phone from your pocket and it's immediately ready, you don't need to unlock the device!
- genuine sight-free music controls: no buttons to accidentally tap accidentally
- ability to lock to portrait or landscape orientation, or have the app automatically change
- sleep timer
- dimmer settings for use at night
- set up gestures however you want!
- many music controls at your fingertips, including- play/pause; skip forward/back within track; change tracks; change playlists or play whole library; change volume; change shuffle mode; play more songs by the current artist or from the current album.
YouTube video demonstration : http://bit.ly/71f0A
What reviewers are saying:
"If you love music, you definitely would love the way FluxTunes has made things super simple" -- iPhoneFootprint.com
'FluxTunes nails the “control your iPhone while multitasking” issue dead center' -- App Smile (5/5)
"If you are a music lover that stays active or likes to multitask while rocking out then we highly recommend FluxTunes for iPhone" -- Slap App (4/5)
"FluxTunes is a lifesaver, maybe literally, when you’re on the freeway and can’t take the time to look at the iPod screen to change songs." -- 148 Apps (4.5/5)
FluxTunes is actively supported- if you have any features you'd like to see in a future version, then please visit our website at http://www.quokkastudios.com to send your comment.
Please use the support link to check out the FAQ and report any problems or ask any questions- we can't respond to you if you leave a comment in iTunes. (Note to reviewer saying that the app is returning to the last song played- check your Continue Current setting in the app- if that's off, then that's the defined behaviour. It would have been less obvious prior to v1.9 due to different backgrounding behaviour)
Follow us on Twitter at http:/www.twitter.com/quokkastudios and be the first to know about app updates, new apps and special offers.
- Always obey your local laws.
- While driving, do not take your eyes off the road to adjust your music.
- Do not make or receive phone calls when driving, regardless of whether using a hands-free kit. Talking on the phone while driving is a major risk factor for accidents.
- Listening to music while riding a bicycle or motorcycle is not recommended, since this may hamper awareness of other traffic.
- Listening to music while walking or running on roads, cycleways or other pathways shared with vehicles is not recommended, since this may hamper awareness of approaching vehicles.
- Wearing headphones while driving is not recommended, since this may hamper awareness of other traffic and emergency vehicles and may physically affect your driving.
- Do not listen to music at excessive volume, since this may cause permanent damage to your hearing.
What's New in Version 1.13
Fix for crash in settings
Love the customizable interface
I use this on my daily drive and the custom swipes are great for interacting with minimal attention taken away from driving.
A few quick enhancement suggestions:
Allow podcasts to sort by descending date instead of alpha.
When a podcast reaches the end of its track, either stop, or play the next podcast in the series. Don't bounce back into the podcast.
Allow us to customize the play selection screen so I can place the podcast link in the bottom set.
But regardless of these small issues, I still like the app quite a bit and use it every day.
It's about time!!
I always hoped there would be an easier way to control the music when in landscape mode since apple won't let you do much in that orientation.
Terrible music selection interface
Can't select a playlist?!? It wants to force you to manually select each song in a playlist?? That's insane! Where is the add-all button for playlists? Has it for artists and albums but not playlists?
Swipe control interface is pretty great, but fast-forward/reverse needs improvement. A fixed stepsize although it is configurable is no good.
Needs to allow something like swipe and hold to continue scanning, and scan faster the longer you hold up to a max limit.
I guess this means you need to add support for a few more gestures.
Other than that, it's great!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Nov 19, 2013
- Version: 1.13
- Size: 4.1 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Quokka Studios Pty Ltd
- © Quokka Studios Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.