Fly Delta for iPad
By Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With over a million downloads, the award-winning Fly Delta app for iPad features inspiring destination guides, the amazing Glass Bottom Jet,™ and a What’s Next feature that makes your trip easier by making sure you know what to do and when to do it.
• Spin the globe to explore destinations and fare specials
• Browse destination guides featuring shopping, dining and recommendations from your social network
• View and plan upcoming trips with the interactive trip map
Book and Customize:
• Find, compare and book flights or rebooked canceled flights or missed connections
• View seat maps, select or change your seat, or step up to Delta Comfort+™
• Never miss a beat with the What’s Next feature
• Purchase Trip Extras like in-flight Wi-Fi and Priority Boarding
• Explore the Glass Bottom Jet, which provides an amazing view of what you’re flying over through photos, landmark information and social content from your friends
• Find out what’s playing on board your flight and download Sky magazine and destination-related music and movies from iTunes
And of course, we covered the basics:
• Manage your profile, transactions and SkyMiles® account
• Check in for domestic and international flights up to 24 hours before departure and pay for checked bags – your eBoarding pass can be sent to your phone or email
• Get terminal and gate info and check the latest flight status
• Map flights en route with an interactive flight tracker
What's New in Version 1.8.1
What’s New in version 1.8.1
• Bug fixes
App works as designed.
I use this app to do research for ticket prices when planning any vacations. I love all of the features on this app (especially the versions of Sky magazine.) All information provided is accurate (especially the cities identified for Romantic Getaways.) I have purchased tickets using this app (using a secured WiFi,) and I have experienced no trouble with the current version. I pray that future updates allow me to continue using this app.
Fails to work. Loads VERY slowly. Unable to perform a basic one-way flight search without crashing. Another search engine can provide results on multiple airlines in seconds. This App cannot provide any results on its own data. This has been the case for many months; i.e., it is not iOS 9 specific. Seems like Delta spends more effort on fancy graphics or trying to sell you on their Sky Club than on functionality. It may be useful if you already have booked a flight on Delta, but the slow performance (much like their website) makes it not worth using.
No longer works
I have used this app for three years on my iPad. It worked fine until a few weeks ago. It now takes 30-60 seconds to load content. And then when you try to book a flight, the app spends 60 seconds or so looking up the flights and then just exits back to the iPad OS screen. The funny thing is that the iPhone app still works fine. The iPad app though is seriously broken.
I reported this to Delta and got the canned "reload the app" advice. I have done that several times and the problem persists. Delta, please fix your app!