Fly Delta for iPad
By Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With over a million downloads, the award-winning Fly Delta app for iPad features inspiring destination guides, the amazing Glass Bottom Jet,™ and a What’s Next feature that makes your trip easier by making sure you know what to do and when to do it.
• Spin the globe to explore destinations and fare specials
• Browse destination guides featuring shopping, dining and recommendations from your social network
• View and plan upcoming trips with the interactive trip map
Book and Customize:
• Find, compare and book flights or rebooked canceled flights or missed connections
• View seat maps, select or change your seat, or step up to Delta Comfort+™
• Never miss a beat with the What’s Next feature
• Purchase Trip Extras like in-flight Wi-Fi and Priority Boarding
• Explore the Glass Bottom Jet, which provides an amazing view of what you’re flying over through photos, landmark information and social content from your friends
• Find out what’s playing on board your flight and download Sky magazine and destination-related music and movies from iTunes
• Stream movies, TV shows and more onboard with Delta Studio™
And of course, we covered the basics:
• Manage your profile, transactions and SkyMiles® account
• Check in for domestic and international flights up to 24 hours before departure and pay for checked bags – your eBoarding pass can be sent to your phone or email
• Get terminal and gate info and check the latest flight status
• Map flights en route with an interactive flight tracker
What's New in Version 1.7.1
• Bug fixes
• 64-bit support
Not that bad
I’ve read a lot of bad reviews here and I’m forced to wonder what iPad these reviewers are using this app with? I have an iPad 3 and this app has been working fine. I just downloaded it yesterday, I have to honestly say I did not try to purchase a flight on the app, but I was able to look at my reservation, manage my seat, and even manage my meal. My only question is - is it was possible to make it so it doesn’t always have to be viewable in landscape mode? Even with that thought, I think it looks great in landscape mode.. I just noticed I kept trying to hold my iPad upright… The only other thought I had was that it was just a tad bit slow..
Responsive Design Issues
Using this app seems to be great for booking flight. In one of the most recent versions, selecting a seat while booking creates a gray screen. It works well after booking and then changing the seat assignment. App is not good for booking a hotel or doing car rentals. It renders the screen like the original website and all the fields are getting very small. Using the map view for hotels is useless because of the small scale and navigation glitches. Please improve this area. Also, when having a CC in your wallet, you still have to reselect the already correctly displayed expiration date.
I just used the app on a cross country flight. I loved being able to watch movies at no cost. It even allowed me to continue where I left off when I changed flights. There is no other airline allowing Internet access in this manner at no cost. Way to go Delta!