By Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing Fly Delta 3.0, the biggest update yet to Delta’s award winning iPhone app. With redesigned navigation, quick access to important day-of-travel information and a history of all your notifications, Fly Delta makes travel easier than ever before.
• Find, compare and book Domestic and International flights
• Book SkyMiles® award tickets
• Purchase Delta Comfort+™ and Trip Extras, including in-flight Wi-Fi, Priority Boarding and more
• Reserve Preferred Seats like bulkhead and aisle
• Rebook cancelled flights or missed connections
• Manage your trips, profile and transactions, and customize your travel preferences
• Check your SkyMiles® account balance and current Medallion® status
• Check in, download your eBoarding Pass (available at select airports worldwide) and add it to Apple Wallet
• Pay for checked bags and track their location
• Check the latest flight status and receive flight and gate change notifications
• Save a photo to remember your parking spot
• Check your status on the upgrade or standby list
• View or change your seat
• Locate Delta Sky Club® lounges
• View expanded airport maps, public transportation details and weather information
• Get detailed info about our fleet and partners
• Map flights en route with an interactive flight tracker
• “Today” gathers everything you need for your day of travel into one convenient place
• “Feed” ensures you always have the latest flight updates, gate changes and more
• View countdown to departure and arrival along with gate and baggage carousel information on Apple Watch
The Fly Delta app for iPhone and delta.com are always free to use on Delta’s Wi-Fi-enabled flights. Visit delta.com/app for more information on other mobile device versions.
What's New in Version 3.8.1
What’s New in Fly Delta 3.8.1
• Multi-City booking is now available in the app. Now you can book flights to multiple destinations all on one ticket
• Fixes an issue which caused the app to quit unexpectedly for some customers
Email us anytime at AppFeedback@delta.com. We will review all feedback and take it into consideration for future updates.
I'm a fan of Delta Airlines. They have decent service for an American carrier and actually care a little bit about customer service.
Their app, however, leaves a lot to be desired. It is non-native for many features, which means you're waiting for a website to load in the background. This always leaves a buggy experience. The screen layout and resolution still isn't optimized for newer phones.
There is missing functionality that other airline apps have had for a while. Why doesn't the boarding pass update when changes occur post check-in? I have to get an updated piece of paper at the gate after I scan my old boarding pass? How archaic.
The user experience leaves a lot to be desired as well. Too many clicks and taps to navigate. The app doesn't seem like it was put through much user testing.
Delta would do well to pay more attention and resources to this area of their customer service. People are likely these days to use the app exclusively, so by not having a well-designed offering, they risk losing business.
1.) Not uploading and presenting the gate location when determined or announced by Delta. Previously, upon landing I could see what gate we were to park at and which gate my connecting flight is departing from. This stopped working after last update.
2.) If you put in airplane mode but forget to activate wifi and the try and logon the application will go back to ZERO and require re-logging in with password. If connectivity is sparse then it’s easy to get locked out permanently due to ‘too many attempts’. The app shouldn’t lock you out when due to connectivity problems.
Not sure if there was a problem with a recent update but I use the app primarily for check in, and for boarding pass, as well as managing my account and keeping up with upcoming trips
I am a regular business traveler and the electronic boarding docs and gate info is critical info
In the last few months that critical data has become less and less reliable, with the boarding pass saying one gate, and the click through to detail saying something different.
How can your app be aware of the right information but display two completely different things in two places within the app one click away from each other?!?
Several times in the last few months it has meant a sprint from the wrong hate to the right one.
Other occasions show no gate info at all when the web did, and less than 30minutes from boarding.
Data integrity is critical for an app like this. Get it together Delta.