By Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Fly Delta 4.0, the biggest update yet to Delta’s award winning iPhone app. With a redesigned Today screen which provides quick access to your eBoarding pass and other important day-of-travel information, Fly Delta makes travel easier than ever before.
• Find, compare and book Domestic and International flights
• Book SkyMiles® award tickets
• Purchase Delta Comfort+™ and Trip Extras, including in-flight Wi-Fi, Priority Boarding and more
• Reserve Preferred Seats like bulkhead and aisle
• Rebook cancelled flights or missed connections
• Manage your trips, profile and customize your travel preferences
• Check your SkyMiles® account balance and current Medallion® status
• Check in, view your eBoarding Pass and add it to Apple Wallet
• Pay for checked bags and track their location
• Check the latest flight status and receive flight and gate change notifications
• Save a photo to remember your parking spot
• Check your status on the upgrade or standby list
• View or change your seat
• Locate Delta Sky Club® lounges
• View airport maps, public transportation details and weather information
• Get detailed info about our fleet and partners
• Map flights en route with an interactive flight tracker
• “Today” gathers everything you need for your day of travel into one convenient place
• “Feed” ensures you always have the latest flight updates, gate changes and more
• View countdown to departure and arrival along with gate and baggage carousel information on Apple Watch
The Fly Delta app for iPhone and delta.com are always free to use on Delta’s Wi-Fi-enabled flights. Visit delta.com/app for more information.
What's New in Version 4.0.1
What's New in version 4.0.1:
• Fixes an issue which would cause the app to quit unexpectedly when tapping on Today
• Other bug fixes and performance updates
Much improved, some hiccups
The last time I reviewed this app, it was more of a platform for advertising seat upgrades. Now, it's far more usable. The alerts that tell me where my bag is are especially nice.
There is one use case that is not well-accounted for: Finding the gate for a connecting flight. When I land, my phone is in Airplane Mode, and the app, of course, will not refresh with the latest information on the connection. When I turn Airplane Mode off, it logs me off! Now I cannot even access my connecting flight's number! When seconds count, I do not need to be trying to remember my password, and I do not need to be trying to type it in correctly.
So, right now, I always try to add the boarding passes to the Wallet, but because this sometimes does not work (and because the boarding pass does not update), I always take a screenshot of the flight information in the app before boarding. But really, this usability bug should be fixed.
Missing important feature
First of all I want to mention that I think the overall experience of this app is good. However, this app is missing what I call a basic "MUST HAVE" feature for any airline app specially for an airline this big. It is unacceptable that you can't save your boarding pass into passbook/wallet, to me personally this is extremely the most helpful feature for an airline app. The smaller players already have this integrated in their app (Jetblue, Southwest).
Integrating the boarding pass to passbook is so convenient that you don't even need to unlock your phone to access it. That's my only complaint and suggestion, Delta please add this feature since too many customers are requesting it. Please listen to us, since many people like e would rather board with another airline just for this feature.
Pretty but hello new bugs 😡
I use this app every week and really depend on it. With this update I find that Only one of two boarding passes will save to my wallet.
The process of refreshing itinerary details was noticeably slow. It took over two minutes on a solid wifi connection. Still unable to add my second flight boarding pass to my wallet after closing & reopening the application. However, the app says its sorry, so, I've got that going for me.
This inability to save the second boarding pass has persisted for days. 😒
Eventually I can get the second boarding pass after I shut the app down, wait a few hours, try again.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Oct 27, 2016
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 111 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Delta Air Lines, Inc
- © 2010-2016 Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.