By Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing Fly Delta 3.0, the biggest update yet to Delta’s award winning iPhone app. With redesigned navigation, quick access to important day-of-travel information and a history of all your notifications, Fly Delta makes travel easier than ever before.
• Find, compare and book Domestic and International flights
• Book SkyMiles® award tickets
• Share with friends on Facebook when you book a trip, check in and arrive to your destination
• Purchase Delta Comfort+™ and Trip Extras, including in-flight Wi-Fi, Priority Boarding and more
• Reserve Preferred Seats like bulkhead and aisle
• Rebook cancelled flights or missed connections
• Manage your trips, profile and transactions, and customize your travel preferences
• Check your SkyMiles® account balance and current Medallion® status
• Check in, download your eBoarding Pass (available at select airports worldwide) and add it to Passbook
• Pay for checked bags and track their location
• Check the latest flight status and receive flight and gate change notifications
• Save a photo to remember your parking spot
• Check your status on the upgrade or standby list
• View or change your seat
• Locate Delta Sky Club® lounges
• View expanded airport maps, public transportation details and weather information
• Get detailed info about our fleet and partners
• Map flights en route with an interactive flight tracker
• Stream movies, TV shows and more onboard with Delta Studio™
• “Today” gathers everything you need for your day of travel into one convenient place
• “Feed” ensures you always have the latest flight updates, gate changes and more
• View countdown to departure and arrival along with gate and baggage carousel information on Apple Watch
The Fly Delta app for iPhone and delta.com are always free to use on Delta’s Wi-Fi-enabled flights. Visit delta.com/app for more information on other mobile device versions.
What's New in Version 3.3
What’s New in Fly Delta 3.3
• Introducing Fly Delta for Apple Watch – Keep track of time to departure and arrival along with gate and baggage carousel information
• Any eBoarding pass(es) you save to Passbook will automatically be available on Apple Watch
• Fixed an issue which caused the app to quit unexpectedly before boarding if a seat had not yet been assigned
• Fixed an issue which caused some customers to see an error message when attempting to view/change seats
• Several other bug fixes and performance improvements
"Remember Me" login broke when you open app in airplane mode
Well one out of two issues fixed is progress. Moving app review now to 3 star.
And frankly the more immediate issue of not being able to "select a seat" is now working.
Hopefully someone will now fix losing my login when opening the app in airplane mode. Thanks
==== previous review ====
So let me get this straight, you have an app that now runs on iPhone watches - that not a single Delta customer has. However, the app that millions and millions of customers do have on the iPhones/iPads - the most basic of all functionality of selecting your seat is broken and throws an error message. Hello?!?! Who is home over at Delta? QA and regression testing prior to release anyone? Earth to Delta?!?!
Secondarily, when I open the app while my phone is in airplane mode - CRAZY ISN'T IT, since that's the rules and regulations in flight, that the app wipes me out of being signed in and now forces me to login again. This drives me flipping nuts!! Can whoever is managing this app please fix these basic and foundational issues.
Calling all Delta customers, please rate this app 1 star until these basic issues are fixed! Thanks
Isn't letting me book a flight
This app usually works great for me when at the airport, using the virtual boarding pass and checking in 24 hours ahead of time. I just tried to book a flight using it and it gave me an error 3 times when trying to process my credit card. It finally got passed that screen; on the next page I had to acknowledge I would have to present my credit card when checking in. Fine, whatever. But at that point the error was "something went wrong. Please start over." Arrrgh but I just typed all our info on my dumb phone, I don't want to do it again! In conclusion, book flights on a real computer using a browser.
Best airline app out there
One request - add updated boarding time as it is updated when flight is delayed.
Overall great app, very responsive and has more features and is easier to use than competing domestic carrier's apps. A few minor glitches overall but nothing major. Delta Studio is an awesome addition but doesn't always work quite right.
FYI - if you've changed your seat after checking in, your seat is not updated on your boarding pass. You can either check in again to get a new boarding pass or get a seat change ticket at the gate, but this could potentially be confusing.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Apr 21, 2015
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 51.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Delta Air Lines, Inc
- © 2010-2015 Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.