By Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing Fly Delta 3.0, the biggest update yet to Delta’s award winning iPhone app. With redesigned navigation, quick access to important day-of-travel information and a history of all your notifications, Fly Delta makes travel easier than ever before.
• Find, compare and book Domestic and International flights
• Book SkyMiles® award tickets
• Purchase Delta Comfort+™ and Trip Extras, including in-flight Wi-Fi, Priority Boarding and more
• Reserve Preferred Seats like bulkhead and aisle
• Rebook cancelled flights or missed connections
• Manage your trips, profile and transactions, and customize your travel preferences
• Check your SkyMiles® account balance and current Medallion® status
• Check in, download your eBoarding Pass (available at select airports worldwide) and add it to Passbook
• Pay for checked bags and track their location
• Check the latest flight status and receive flight and gate change notifications
• Save a photo to remember your parking spot
• Check your status on the upgrade or standby list
• View or change your seat
• Locate Delta Sky Club® lounges
• View expanded airport maps, public transportation details and weather information
• Get detailed info about our fleet and partners
• Map flights en route with an interactive flight tracker
• “Today” gathers everything you need for your day of travel into one convenient place
• “Feed” ensures you always have the latest flight updates, gate changes and more
• View countdown to departure and arrival along with gate and baggage carousel information on Apple Watch
The Fly Delta app for iPhone and delta.com are always free to use on Delta’s Wi-Fi-enabled flights. Visit delta.com/app for more information on other mobile device versions.
What's New in Version 3.7
What’s New in Fly Delta 3.7
· Delta Comfort+™ will now be available for purchase in the Flight Search results. It will appear as an option for booking along with First Class and Main Cabin for travel departing on or after May 16, 2016, within the U.S. 50 states and Canada
· Bug fixes
Unreliability of boarding pass system
I had an abysmal experience using this app to get through the security process for my most recent flight. I had presented my mobile boarding pass at the first check through, and while waiting in line, my pass managed to mysteriously disappear. I chalked this up to a momentary glitch. Unfortunately, as Grumpy Cat would say, NO, it was not. I refreshed and tried to add my reservation number multiple times--the pass did not come back. I basically had a mini mental breakdown (had to take flight back to...you know, FINISH THE DEGREE ON WHICH MY FUTURE EMPLOYMENT IS CONTINGENT and everything). Meanwhile, the security line grew significantly longer during the time I had to waste printing a physical copy of my pass. I was incredibly lucky to have arrived at the airport early enough to catch my flight. Otherwise, this app could have seriously screwed me over. I am giving this two stars since the app has performed okay before (still with hiccups, though). Get better developers, perform some survival analysis...whatever you do, fix this. Alternatively, just don't offer the mobile pass as an option.
Need ability to see credits/certificates on the app
This is a great app as far as airline apps go. One thing that's missing is the ability to see your credits and certificates. This information is available on the Delta website but not on the app. I had a $500 credit which expired because I had forgotten that I had it. Also, there should be a way to book a flight on the app using a credit or companion certificate.
Back to paper tickets on latest version
App crashes on both of my phones. Travel on delta 2x/week 40 weeks/year. This app has always been garbage, but now it is non functional. Up until the last version it still deleted bag tags soon after your flight lands making it imperative you keep the printed copy. I always take a picture of it as I never trusted the app.
Now it crashes whenever I try to look at the upgrade list or copy my ticket to Passbook/wallet.
The entire app development team needs to be replaced. This app is missing the mark.