By Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing Fly Delta 3.0, the biggest update yet to Delta’s award winning iPhone app. With redesigned navigation, quick access to important day-of-travel information and a history of all your notifications, Fly Delta makes travel easier than ever before.
• Find, compare and book Domestic and International flights
• Book SkyMiles® award tickets
• Share with friends on Facebook when you book a trip, check in and arrive to your destination
• Purchase Economy Comfort and Trip Extras, including in-flight Wi-Fi, Priority Boarding and more
• Reserve Preferred Seats like bulkhead and aisle
• Rebook cancelled flights or missed connections
• Manage your trips, profile and transactions, and customize your travel preferences
• Check your SkyMiles® account balance and current Medallion® status
• Check in, download your eBoarding Pass (available at select airports worldwide) and add it to Passbook
• Pay for checked bags and track their location
• Check the latest flight status and receive flight and gate change notifications
• Save a photo to remember your parking spot
• Check your status on the upgrade or standby list
• View or change your seat
• Locate Delta Sky Club® lounges
• View expanded airport maps, public transportation details and weather information
• Get detailed info about our fleet and partners
• Map flights en route with an interactive flight tracker
• Stream movies, TV shows and more onboard with Delta Studio™
• “Today” gathers everything you need for your day of travel into one convenient place.
• “Feed” ensures you always have the latest flight updates, gate changes and more
The Fly Delta app for iPhone and delta.com are always free to use on Delta’s Wi-Fi-enabled flights. Visit delta.com/app for more information on other mobile device versions.
What's New in Version 3.1
• Introducing Award Booking on mobile - You can now redeem miles to book flights directly from the app
• While shopping you can now swipe to compare cabins & fare prices, toggle between miles & cash and search for non-stop flights
• Easily track family and friends flights in the Feed by selecting the new “Watch Flight” button on Flight Status
• Keep track of Delta alerts and advisories with the added “News” section of the Feed
Slow, buggy, needs attention to core functionality
Thank you for the recent update that provided much needed stability fixes.
The app formerly handled "complicated" itineraries with aplomb. By complicated here I sinply mean international. This version of the app simply cannot, and it seems to be related to trips crossing the international date line.
Connecting segments are simply lost, not represented, not available for check in, and don't show up under today. These are connecting segments in the US! Bizarre and renders the app useless for up to have of the segments on, say, a transpacific flight.
The app still can't handle offline access, an annoying oversight for an app that might easily need to be consulted under such conditions. It's very useful to be able to check your itinerary when you're landing. Maybe you don't have a local sim yet and can't check data the second you arrive? Please cache itineraries and allow offline access!
Delta really is on the forefront of the technology wave. From check in to electronic boarding passes, to the quality of their mobile and web offerings. Check out the United app and website for a blast from the past. Still, the app is beginning to suffer feature creep. Time should be spent improving core features and optimizing performance.
So many features!
I really love the latest update of the Fly Delta app. The Track My Bags feature is the absolute best. After my bags missed a super tight connection flight due to bad weather, I was as to track them myself and find they were right behind me on the next flight. The Flight Status feature updates quickly as well. You can book a hotel or rental car and of course check out your miles- all in the palm of your hand!
Newer versions of app are SLOW
Delta's app was lightning fast before they updated it and made the "Today" tab the default on startup. It's actually a pretty annoying tab, altogether. Whenever you click on something, the whole itinerary has to load again, forcing you to wait several seconds.
Please make the "My Delta" tab the default, or allow users to select it, or do away with this new "Today" tab. I fly all the time and this nuisance is fairly aggravating.
Other than that, the app works very nicely. This one thing is enough for me to bring it from 5 stars down to 2 stars.