By Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing Fly Delta 3.0, the biggest update yet to Delta’s award winning iPhone app. With redesigned navigation, quick access to important day-of-travel information and a history of all your notifications, Fly Delta makes travel easier than ever before.
• Find, compare and book Domestic and International flights
• Book SkyMiles® award tickets
• Purchase Delta Comfort+™ and Trip Extras, including in-flight Wi-Fi, Priority Boarding and more
• Reserve Preferred Seats like bulkhead and aisle
• Rebook cancelled flights or missed connections
• Manage your trips, profile and transactions, and customize your travel preferences
• Check your SkyMiles® account balance and current Medallion® status
• Check in, download your eBoarding Pass (available at select airports worldwide) and add it to Passbook
• Pay for checked bags and track their location
• Check the latest flight status and receive flight and gate change notifications
• Save a photo to remember your parking spot
• Check your status on the upgrade or standby list
• View or change your seat
• Locate Delta Sky Club® lounges
• View expanded airport maps, public transportation details and weather information
• Get detailed info about our fleet and partners
• Map flights en route with an interactive flight tracker
• “Today” gathers everything you need for your day of travel into one convenient place
• “Feed” ensures you always have the latest flight updates, gate changes and more
• View countdown to departure and arrival along with gate and baggage carousel information on Apple Watch
The Fly Delta app for iPhone and delta.com are always free to use on Delta’s Wi-Fi-enabled flights. Visit delta.com/app for more information on other mobile device versions.
What's New in Version 3.6.1
What’s New in Fly Delta 3.6
• Introducing Apple Pay™ on the Fly Delta app. You can now use credit cards added to Apple Pay to purchase flights.
• Updates to the “Today” screen. Now you won’t be blocked from quickly viewing your eBoarding pass on your day of travel.
• Issues that caused the app to quit unexpectedly during launch have been fixed.
*Note: Apple Pay is currently only available for U.S. billing addresses and not yet available for SkyMiles® award bookings, Trip Extras, Trip Insurance or seat upgrades
Old and new version
Was truly hoping the most recent update would solve ongoing problems. Not so much. Still a very, very slow app on my iPhone 5s,screens partially paint intermittently, boarding passes are not refreshed when you change seats. This morning (10/10) the app stopped working and sent me back to the home screen morning while at the gate waiting on my flight. I then received a pop up from from Delta asking for feedback on the new app. As soon as I tapped the space to enter my email address to receive the link to access the feedback link, the pop up quit working and sent me back to my home screen. Frustrating, but I've come to expect it from this app.
When it works, it's fairly useful. Unfortunately, it's getting worse, not better.
1) Always given a 'Try Again' message when trying to check in 24 hours before. Have to go to My Trips to check in. Every. Single. Time. Been like this for at least six months through multiple versions.
2) Dropped my connecting flight just as I landed in my transfer airport. Told me my flight (what flight?, it disappeared) was delayed (it wasn't) & told me to look for alternate flights. Only one that was shown was, you guessed it, the same connecting flight (still missing) that I was on.
All of this joy at a pace that you can almost hear the app screaming at a snail, 'Hey, maniac, slow down!!!'.
LOTS of room for improvement.
Does the job
Love the delta app! Easy to use and navigate. I have had it for so long and had no problems with buying tickets or checking in when traveling.