By Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing Fly Delta 3.0, the biggest update yet to Delta’s award winning iPhone app. With redesigned navigation, quick access to important day-of-travel information and a history of all your notifications, Fly Delta makes travel easier than ever before.
• Find, compare and book Domestic and International flights
• Book SkyMiles® award tickets
• Share with friends on Facebook when you book a trip, check in and arrive to your destination
• Purchase Delta Comfort+™ and Trip Extras, including in-flight Wi-Fi, Priority Boarding and more
• Reserve Preferred Seats like bulkhead and aisle
• Rebook cancelled flights or missed connections
• Manage your trips, profile and transactions, and customize your travel preferences
• Check your SkyMiles® account balance and current Medallion® status
• Check in, download your eBoarding Pass (available at select airports worldwide) and add it to Passbook
• Pay for checked bags and track their location
• Check the latest flight status and receive flight and gate change notifications
• Save a photo to remember your parking spot
• Check your status on the upgrade or standby list
• View or change your seat
• Locate Delta Sky Club® lounges
• View expanded airport maps, public transportation details and weather information
• Get detailed info about our fleet and partners
• Map flights en route with an interactive flight tracker
• Stream movies, TV shows and more onboard with Delta Studio™
• “Today” gathers everything you need for your day of travel into one convenient place.
• “Feed” ensures you always have the latest flight updates, gate changes and more
The Fly Delta app for iPhone and delta.com are always free to use on Delta’s Wi-Fi-enabled flights. Visit delta.com/app for more information on other mobile device versions.
What's New in Version 3.2
What’s New in Version 3.2
• View and select seats when shopping for flights. You can now view available seats while shopping and choose the ones you want before booking your ticket similar to choosing seats on delta.com
• Trip Extras and Trip Protection options are also now available when booking your flights
• Fixed several issues which caused the app to quit unexpectedly, including one when viewing airport maps or Delta Sky Club® info
• Additional bug fixes
Does the job but some annoyances
Largely works fine and is a helpful time saver with very good and rich feature set. Wouldn't live without as a frequent flyer, but this app could be so much better. Few recent "gripes"
1. App is increasingly bloated and hard to use. Assume the same people behind the horrible-to-use DL website designing this. Can be so made so much simpler and easier to use.
2. As many have pointed out... Seat and time changes don't update on boarding pass or in Passbook. Since both times and seats frequently change, rather annoying. Can't take that much programming to keep boarding pass current?
3. Tried the Delta Studio feature. But since I had no movie rented (why - free?) asked me to go to using browser. As I find what I am looking for, turns out Google Chrome is not supported on iPhone or PC. Microsoft has given up on Explorer but that's what DL wants us to use from a PC.
App works for what you need
I don't know what the other people using this app need it for, but it loads tickets, let's you upgrade / change seats, and even change flights same day for free. All from the app. When you change seats, there is a lag in updating the new seat in the ticket in the app or passbook, but it reflects on the backend so when you scan your phone, the gate attendant prints out a small ticket with your updated seat number. It's all very smooth.
Best airline app by far
Rich App that gives you what you need and then some. Has a feature to track your airport parking! The flight updates are spot on and allows me to move quickly through the airport. No problems loading my boarding passes and seeing where I stand on the upgrade list.