By Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing Fly Delta 3.0, the biggest update yet to Delta’s award winning iPhone app. With redesigned navigation, quick access to important day-of-travel information and a history of all your notifications, Fly Delta makes travel easier than ever before.
• Find, compare and book Domestic and International flights
• Book SkyMiles® award tickets
• Purchase Delta Comfort+™ and Trip Extras, including in-flight Wi-Fi, Priority Boarding and more
• Reserve Preferred Seats like bulkhead and aisle
• Rebook cancelled flights or missed connections
• Manage your trips, profile and transactions, and customize your travel preferences
• Check your SkyMiles® account balance and current Medallion® status
• Check in, download your eBoarding Pass (available at select airports worldwide) and add it to Passbook
• Pay for checked bags and track their location
• Check the latest flight status and receive flight and gate change notifications
• Save a photo to remember your parking spot
• Check your status on the upgrade or standby list
• View or change your seat
• Locate Delta Sky Club® lounges
• View expanded airport maps, public transportation details and weather information
• Get detailed info about our fleet and partners
• Map flights en route with an interactive flight tracker
• “Today” gathers everything you need for your day of travel into one convenient place
• “Feed” ensures you always have the latest flight updates, gate changes and more
• View countdown to departure and arrival along with gate and baggage carousel information on Apple Watch
The Fly Delta app for iPhone and delta.com are always free to use on Delta’s Wi-Fi-enabled flights. Visit delta.com/app for more information on other mobile device versions.
What's New in Version 3.5.1
What’s New in Fly Delta 3.5.1
• We fixed several issues which were causing the app to quit unexpectedly
Leaves a lot to be desired
I have used this app for a a few years now and was hoping it would get better with updates, but it just does not happen. Apart from having non intuitive menus and some small glitches, there are two major issues that render it useless when one would need it most:
1) don’t try to walk up to the checkin and fire up the app it goes into automatic refresh just to pull up your boarding pass and depending on connection, you (and everyone behind you) may wait for a while; obviously, the problem is even bigger when you travel internationally. A manual refresh option would solve this annoying problem. Until then, the only option is to sore boarding passes into Wallet, from where you can retrieve them instantaneously.
2) Try checking in for an international flight and your passport page comes up empty although you can clearly see the passport information in your profile. The app just does not know how to talk to itself. I tried storing the information several times, the sam problem. There is a camera option which should read the coded passport information; I gave up after half an hour. The only thing that works seems to be reentering the information every time. Quite annoying since you can see that it’s neatly stored in your profile but the app does know about it.
1. The slowest, worst programmed app I have ever used. Often takes minutes with a strong connection to load 'My Delta' or 'Today'.
2. Sends duplicate alerts for everything. Boarding? Hope you like that info because you'll get it twice.
3. Trying to open the app when you're in airplane mode? You'll get logged out. Too bad if you use a good password and don't have it available while traveling. App is worse than useless when offline.
4. If you change your seat from the app, neither the boarding pass downloaded to Wallet not the boarding pass on the app itself shows the new seat.
5. The app doesn't have any way to send the boarding pass on Wallet info about the gate. You have to go into the buggy, slow app to do that.
6. Selecting or de-selecting a flight so that you get alerts is Byzantine and unreliable.
7. No way to see the status of the inbound aircraft...where it is coming from, is it late, etc.
8. No way to use miles to upgrade. This is as much an app problem as it is a Delta 'feature'...you have to dial in. All the other majors, especially United, allow this and it generally works well.
I'm not sure who bestowed 'best airline app' honors on Delta. Possibly someone who has never actually flown while using it, possibly someone who actually thinks that SkyMiles is an acceptable ff program.
Best Airline App By Far
Delta's app is great. It's very intuitive and has added some useful features in recent updates such as a push notification when pre-boarding starts. My only complaint is when you change your seat through the app after you've already checked in, the new boarding pass with the updated seat assignment doesn't show up. I upgrade a lot from economy to comfort+ via upgrades which results in an upgrade to SKY priority boarding. I have to check-in again on the actual website and have the new boarding pass texted to me. It should just update in the app so I can easily add it to Passbook
Other than that though, phenomenal app. Great for booking new reservations too.