By Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing Fly Delta 3.0, the biggest update yet to Delta’s award winning iPhone app. With redesigned navigation, quick access to important day-of-travel information and a history of all your notifications, Fly Delta makes travel easier than ever before.
• Find, compare and book Domestic and International flights
• Book SkyMiles® award tickets
• Purchase Delta Comfort+™ and Trip Extras, including in-flight Wi-Fi, Priority Boarding and more
• Reserve Preferred Seats like bulkhead and aisle
• Rebook cancelled flights or missed connections
• Manage your trips, profile and transactions, and customize your travel preferences
• Check your SkyMiles® account balance and current Medallion® status
• Check in, download your eBoarding Pass (available at select airports worldwide) and add it to Apple Wallet
• Pay for checked bags and track their location
• Check the latest flight status and receive flight and gate change notifications
• Save a photo to remember your parking spot
• Check your status on the upgrade or standby list
• View or change your seat
• Locate Delta Sky Club® lounges
• View expanded airport maps, public transportation details and weather information
• Get detailed info about our fleet and partners
• Map flights en route with an interactive flight tracker
• “Today” gathers everything you need for your day of travel into one convenient place
• “Feed” ensures you always have the latest flight updates, gate changes and more
• View countdown to departure and arrival along with gate and baggage carousel information on Apple Watch
The Fly Delta app for iPhone and delta.com are always free to use on Delta’s Wi-Fi-enabled flights. Visit delta.com/app for more information on other mobile device versions.
What's New in Version 3.12
What’s New in Fly Delta 3.12
• Bug fixes and performance enhancements
So far, so goooood!
Used it once a couple years ago and it was good. But today it was what made my experience absolutely the best. I checked in with the app a day before, which means you don't have to wait in line to get a boarding pass. It's in the app. You just have to look at the screens on the wall to see what gate you're flight is at since the app doesn't provide that sometimes. Passing TSA as I was headed to gate 57 for my flight I got a notification on my phone from Delta saying "Gate change your flight is now at gate 51." I was like, really? Is it that easy? Luckily, gate 51 was a shorter distances than 57. When I got to gate 51 I found that it is true my flight gate has changed. As I chilled and waited, I witness so many other people miss their boarding zone times because they couldn't here about the gate change in loud/busy LAX. That made me feel good. What made me feel even better is realizing that my boarding pass is also on my Apple Watch and it was super exciting to wave your wrist to board a plane. This app made my day.
Delta was one of the first airlines to have an app and to me it revolutionized the industry when it integrated with Apple Wallet following its release.
This app is really great. Been able to check your luggage location is extremely useful. When you are in African country and you really want to know if your luggage made it, you really appreciate this feature.
Terribly easy to select seats, book flight, get flight information/schedules.
Other airline apps leave a lot to be desired. This app is really easy to use. It has definitely been improved over the last year.
Still Has Issues
The app struggles to stay connected with your current account data. Whether it's your MQS count being incorrect or information under the "Today" category not staying current.
Today I was upgraded prior to departure, but no matter how many times I refreshed the screen, logged out then back in, or re-booted my iPhone 6+ (current in Apple updates), it would not show my new seat assignment. Even after boarding the flight, the seat assignment was still wrong in the app
The Delta app has been inconsistent for a long time.....FYI: if I go to the full website, my data is shown correctly