By Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Welcome to Fly Delta 4.0, the biggest update yet to Delta’s award winning iPhone app. With a redesigned Today screen which provides quick access to your eBoarding pass and other important day-of-travel information, Fly Delta makes travel easier than ever before.
• Find, compare and book Domestic and International flights
• Book SkyMiles® award tickets
• Purchase Delta Comfort+™ and Trip Extras, including in-flight Wi-Fi, Priority Boarding and more
• Reserve Preferred Seats like bulkhead and aisle
• Rebook cancelled flights or missed connections
• Manage your trips, profile and customize your travel preferences
• Check your SkyMiles® account balance and current Medallion® status
• Check in, view your eBoarding Pass and add it to Apple Wallet
• Pay for checked bags and track their location
• Check the latest flight status and receive flight and gate change notifications
• Save a photo to remember your parking spot
• Check your status on the upgrade or standby list
• View or change your seat
• Locate Delta Sky Club® lounges
• View interactive airport maps, public transportation details and weather information
• Get detailed info about our fleet and partners
• Map flights en route with an interactive flight tracker
• “Today” gathers everything you need for your day of travel into one convenient place
• “Feed” ensures you always have the latest flight updates, gate changes and more
• View countdown to departure and arrival along with gate and baggage carousel information on Apple Watch
The Fly Delta app for iPhone and delta.com are always free to use on Delta’s Wi-Fi-enabled flights. Visit delta.com/app for more information.
What's New in Version 4.3
What’s new in version 4.3:
• You now have the flexibility to choose different cabins for each segment of your trip within the seat map. This means you can easily customize your itinerary to personalize your onboard experience
• Introducing Amex Express Checkout, the fast, secure way for eligible American Express® Card Members to complete purchases
• Fixes an issue where duplicate notifications would appear in the Feed
• Fixes an issue that would cause “Time In Flight” and “Time Remaining” to appear as (null) when viewing Flight Tracker
• Fixes issues which would cause the app to quit unexpectedly for some customers
• Additional bug fixes
Search is weak and some glitchs
I like the app. It it's also frustrating that the search is so unhelpful for anything other than when you know exact dates for departure and arrival. How about supporting people looking for cheapest flights +/-3 days or even someone looking to see what day of the month or month if the year it would be cheap to fly somewhere. It's why I use kayak to book flights and there I see competitor flights. You've lost so much money due to the bad search.
This glitch has happened to me at times and it's been there a long while now…
During check-in, you are not checked in to the second leg of the flight even though the system says I'm checked-in and I even have a seat assigned on the second leg, but no boarding pass is shown and the check-in button still shows. It may just be a display or rewrite issue or an error handling issue, but it's confusing and frustrating. Trying to check into the second leg separately also does not change what is displayed, even after tapping "show boarding pass". The app simply Escapes back to the same view that shows the check-in button.
Almost there ...
I love Delta and fly the airline almost exclusively logging about 200K MQMs per year. It's a very well-run company. It's IT is not up to par given the quality of the overall company. I really like the design of the app, but not the machine supporting it. Several times now over the last several months, the app logs me out on its own and then doesn't let me log back in. Because I change passwords often, I sometimes forget which one I have at that moment, quickly getting to the max attempts, requiring me to spend a lot of time with customer service getting it reset. Or, three times now, I've had to delete and download the app anew because it's not recognizing the correct password. Please spend some of your profits making your IT as too notch as the rest of your company.
Mostly working - Updated
I am finally updating my review from two years ago. With the addition of off-line itinerary feature and seat selection working better, I am giving it four stars. However, I have found out that if you change your flight, you still get push notifications for your original flight which is really annoying. Hoping Delta can fix this soon. Also I am unable to see the seat map of other cabins on the aircraft I am flying. Now I have no way to see how many first class seats are available while I am waiting for an upgrade.
The most basic functionality; selecting a seat doesn't work. In airplane mode, you can't view any itinerary! What a piece of crap.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jun 05, 2017
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 141 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Delta Air Lines, Inc
- © 2010-2017 Delta Air Lines, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.